Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

What bands/groups have you seen live?

Old 12-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #101
makeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
makeshiftTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Blink 182
Four Year Strong
We Came As Romans
A Day to Remember
Alesana
Less Than Jake
Rise Against
Paramore
Greeley Estates
Emery
Rufio
Veara
Before Their Eyes
The Casting Out
many other that i can't think of at the moment
Old 12-23-2011, 05:43 PM   #102
TacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
TacPro45's Tacoma Gallery
Dave Matthews
Tool x3
Metallica
Lamb of God x2
Korn, Rob Zombie, Five Finger Death Punch, Hatebreed
Godsmack
Sevendust
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Sublime
Alice in Chains, Velvet Revolver
Foo Fighters
A Perfect Circle
Stone Sour, Flyleaf, Disturbed
Kid Rock

I think that's it...
Old 12-23-2011, 06:19 PM   #103
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
skid row (free)
sublime (free)
bush (free)
goo goo dolls x2 (free)
no doubt (free)
dishwalla (free)
the buzzcocks
pearl jam x2
3 doors down (free)
bb king
buddy guy
the proclaimers
barenaked ladies
blues traveler
blue man group

pearl jam was the best by far...outdoor stadium, perfect sunny day, 20,000 people singing 'black' in unison. the part as the end of the song (doo-doo-do-do-doo-doo-dooooo....) was the most interesting, bizarre, and amazing sound I've ever heard.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #104
tanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tanner's Tacoma Gallery
Dream Theater x 7
Megadeth x 4
Opeth x 3
Children of Bodom x 3
Zappa Plays Zappa x 3
Weird Al x 2
Iron Maiden x 2
Between the Buried and Me x 2
Slayer x 2
Joe Satriani x 2
Primus x 1
311 x 1
Buddy Guy x 1
Paul Gilbert x 1
Mountain x 1
Yes x 1
Down x 1
Trans Siberian Orchestra x 1
David Wilcox (the Canadian one) x 1
April Wine x 1
Heaven and Hell x 1
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers x 1
Henry Rollins x 1
Umphrey's McGee x 1 <---This was the best concert I've ever been to.

And I was at Heavy T.O. this past summer. Google it if you're into metal.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #105
mclapperton is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
mclapperton's Tacoma Gallery
heart, romantics, wang chung, fine young cannibals, tom tom club, korn, limp bizkit, butthole surfers, fear factory, entombed, carcass, deftones, tool, a perfect circle, system of a down, slayer, sick of it all, nofx, me first and the gimmie gimmies, slipknot, lamb of god, disturbed, pennywise, tsol, bad religion, lagwagon, no use for a name, bad english, soulfly, kittie, mudvayne, jethro tull, emerson lake and palmer, glassjaw, 311, mighty mighty bosstones, pantera, ozzy, godsmack, aaron lewis, staind, tomahawk, mr. bungle, spineshank, lunachicks, glassjaw, megadeth, suicidal tendencies, metallica, the original guns n' roses, the bouncing souls, anti-flag, chevelle, taproot, d12, the dillinger escape plan, earth crisis, the mars volta, ozomatli, primus, shadows fall, static x, and many others that I can't remember.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #106
Goose
h.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to beholdh.zack801 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Zack
h.zack801's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't been to many. But the two I have been to, and the one I'm going to in the next few months, will make me happy for life.

I saw the Foo Fighters in like 2007 in Pensacola.

I saw Gov't Mule here in Mobile in 2008 or 2009.

And I'm going to one of the Lamb of God shows in either ATL or Louisiana this next tour cycle.

My three favorites.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #107
El' Capi-Tan
resq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to behold

EMS: Giles Rescue
Name: Josh
resq330's Tacoma Gallery
112/Busta Rhymes (LOL) - Roanoke, VA

Korn/Rob Zombie - Greensboro, NC
Korn/SOAD/Powerman 5000/Kid Rock/Metallica - Rockingham, NC
Puddle of Mudd/Korn - Roanoke, VA
Godsmack/Metallica - Roanoke, VA
Chimaira/Fear Factory/Slipknot - Winston Salem/NC
Staind/3 Doors Down - Roanoke, VA
Aaron Lewis (Solo) - Roanoke, VA
Burt Jansch/Neil Young - Richmond, VA

I think that's it....
Old 01-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #108
taconewby is on a distinguished road

Name: James
taconewby's Tacoma Gallery
Texas Jam
Old 01-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #109
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by resq330 View Post

Korn/SOAD/Powerman 5000/Kid Rock/Metallica - Rockingham, NC

Chimaira/Fear Factory/Slipknot - Winston Salem/NC

I think that's it....
I would've loved to seen either of those lineups.

i havent been to a whole lot of concerts, so far my favorite was social distortion 3 years ago. it was a small club venue. the sound was great, the atmosphere was fantastic, loved it.

another cool show was vans warped tour 97. it was cool because i was in junior high school, and my neighbor was the east coast sales rep for vans. i got in for free, met the bands, met a bunch of pro skaters, took home a TON of free shit.

one band that i missed out seeing live was Type o Negative. They are one of my top 5 favorite bands. i had a chance once to see them but i had to work, then Pete died before i got another chance. sad.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #110
JstreetS will become famous soon enoughJstreetS will become famous soon enough

Name: Jay
JstreetS's Tacoma Gallery
First concert I went to was Shaggy...tough to top that
Old 01-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #111
El' Capi-Tan
resq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to behold

EMS: Giles Rescue
Name: Josh
resq330's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
I would've loved to seen either of those lineups.

i havent been to a whole lot of concerts, so far my favorite was social distortion 3 years ago. it was a small club venue. the sound was great, the atmosphere was fantastic, loved it.

another cool show was vans warped tour 97. it was cool because i was in junior high school, and my neighbor was the east coast sales rep for vans. i got in for free, met the bands, met a bunch of pro skaters, took home a TON of free shit.

one band that i missed out seeing live was Type o Negative. They are one of my top 5 favorite bands. i had a chance once to see them but i had to work, then Pete died before i got another chance. sad.

Kid Rock actually performed best at this one...it was actually outside at the dragway.

The other one mentioned was also a small club venue.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #112
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
Neo Geo, Mr. White, Deadmau5, Kaskade, Benny Benassi, Laid Back Luke, Felix da House Cat, David Guetta, Tech N9Ne, Hed P.E., Smashmouth, Kottonmouth Kings, Kingspade, Big B and Dirtball, Saint Dog, Cypress Hill, Datsik, Excision, Kleptomaddox, Afrojack, Bassjackers, Basshunter, Crosby Stills Nash (private show - family friends), Duran Duran (family friends of my mother), Bloody Beetroots, Rusk0, and i even got dragged to a brittany spears concert...
Old 01-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #113
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeshiftTaco View Post
Blink 182
Four Year Strong
We Came As Romans
A Day to Remember
Alesana
Less Than Jake
Rise Against
Paramore
Greeley Estates
Emery
Rufio
Veara
Before Their Eyes
The Casting Out
many other that i can't think of at the moment

OMFG I AM SO JEALOUS
Old 01-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #114
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
Grateful Dead, Boston, Y&T, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Dio, Motorhead, Scorpions, Whitesnake, Van Halen (DLR), Slaughter, Warrant, Firehouse, Vixen, Pantera, Skid Row, Dokken, Eddie Money, Sammy Hagar (solo), Nickelback, Erasure, Salmon, Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Old 01-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #115
commando is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
commando's Tacoma Gallery
They might be giants
Sublime
Beastie boys
Phish (30?)
Widespread Panic (40?)
Smashing Pumpkins
Blues traveler
Ziggy Marley
The Wailers
George Clinton
The Skatallites
Black Uhuru
The Dead
Willie Nelson
The Allman Brothers
The Roots
Spearhead
The Disco Biscuts
Nebula
Particle
Burning Spear
Yonder Mountain String Band
Galactic
Tool
Janes Addiction
The Dead Milkmen
Keller Williams
String Cheese Incident
Victor Wooten
David Grisman
Merle Saunders
Neil Young
Primus
Matisyahu

And quite a few more that I know I am forgetting...
Old 03-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #116
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
The list is too long.

Highlights:

Pantera 6 times (favorite was at Harpo's in Detroit 2 weeks before Vulgar Display came out, one of the craziest shows!)
Ozzy Ultimate Sin tour with this bunch of unknowns opening called Metallica.
6 Judas Priest shows (even one with Ripper) no further than 4th row with only one exception). I think the favorite was the Painkiller tour.
We have seen Volbeat 8 times in 3 years. Add another in a month. I liked it when they were a secret but they deserve what they are getting now. Fantastic live and great guys to meet.

Within the last year; Volbeat, Clutch, In Flames, Demon Hunter, Social Distortion, Steel Panther, Hatebreed, Shadows Fall, Kyng, well, thats alll I remember right now.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:32 AM   #117
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Too many to think of here's three of the most entertaining I have heard in recent years. (Alex, category = country/old school rock.)

1. Charlie Daniels Band
2 Travis Tritt
3. Heart

Yes, Heart. I ddn't believe it ether and really didn't care to go but got dragged there by the Boss. Glad I went and will go again if I get the chance.

Hint, if conservative political views makes you mad, then skip CDB. Personally I would elect the man for President.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #119
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
The list is too long.

Highlights:

Pantera 6 times (favorite was at Harpo's in Detroit 2 weeks before Vulgar Display came out, one of the craziest shows!)
Ozzy Ultimate Sin tour with this bunch of unknowns opening called Metallica.
6 Judas Priest shows (even one with Ripper) no further than 4th row with only one exception). I think the favorite was the Painkiller tour.
We have seen Volbeat 8 times in 3 years. Add another in a month. I liked it when they were a secret but they deserve what they are getting now. Fantastic live and great guys to meet.

Within the last year; Volbeat, Clutch, In Flames, Demon Hunter, Social Distortion, Steel Panther, Hatebreed, Shadows Fall, Kyng, well, thats alll I remember right now.
I'll have to figure out my past 12 months, but last time I saw Clutch in Boston (Jan '12) they played with Kyng.

Most times for me is Godsmack, close to 30 times. That said, I was seeing them in clubs here in Boston before even local radio picked up on them.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #120
professional trousersnake charmer
RJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ/Mike Hauncho/HeavyHands
RJ MacReady's Tacoma Gallery
WHERE do I start?
first concert was warped tour 97 to see Deftones & Will Haven
numerous raves from then on
Gorilla Buiscuts
BANE
Quicksand
Judge
All Out War
Hatebreed x9
Poison The Well x12
Sigur Ros x4
Mars Volta x3
Massive Attack
DJ Krush
DJ Shadow
Above & Beyond x3
As I Lay Dying x5
Parkway Drive x3
Bjork x2
Killswitch Engage (before "As Daylight") x3
Unearth
The Faceless
Contortionist
Glass Cloud
Flying Lotus
Pennywise x10+
Norma Jean
Montley Crue
a lot of Dubstep/grime/d&b from 05-09
Tool x3
Nightmares On Wax
Slayer x5+
Dying Fetus x3+
Lady Gaga
The Pharcyde
Wu Tang (FOREVER tour, Rock The Bells)
R.A.T.M.
Sublime
numerous XXX bands, trip hop throughout the yrs

Just want to see Pink Floyd before Gilmore croaks...fuck Waters!