Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

What bands/groups have you seen live?

Old 11-29-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
What bands/groups have you seen live?

Theres a diverse group of people here and I haven't seen to a show in awhile and I started remembering my favorite venues I've been apart of.

Question is easy. Who have you seen like? All music counts, rock, rap, country, I don't care. What was your favorite out of all of them? Who would you kill to see? Lets keep it going.

I'll start and try to remember them all...

Paid Dues 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 (too many to name...)
SmokeOut 2011 (Incubus, DeadMau5, Atmosphere, Living Legends)
Sage Francis/B. Dolan/Free Moral Agents at the Glasshouse
Atmosphere/Blueprint/DJ Abilites/Grieves at Fox Theatre
She Wants Revenge in Anaheim
Interpol
Slipknot/Coheed and Cambria
and my all time favorite...System of a Down in San Diego

What about you?
Old 11-29-2011, 11:04 PM   #2
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectTekniq View Post
Theres a diverse group of people here and I haven't seen to a show in awhile and I started remembering my favorite venues I've been apart of.

Question is easy. Who have you seen like? All music counts, rock, rap, country, I don't care. What was your favorite out of all of them? Who would you kill to see? Lets keep it going.

I'll start and try to remember them all...

Paid Dues 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 (too many to name...)
SmokeOut 2011 (Incubus, DeadMau5, Atmosphere, Living Legends)
Sage Francis/B. Dolan/Free Moral Agents at the Glasshouse
Atmosphere/Blueprint/DJ Abilites/Grieves at Fox Theatre
She Wants Revenge in Anaheim
Interpol
and my all time favorite...System of a Down in San Diego

What about you?
+1 for Sage Francis

Hollywood Undead
Korn/Deftones/Stone Sour/Flyleaf/Bullets & Octane
Coheed and Cambria/Avenged Sevenfold
Kid Cudi
Then there were a few random local bands who I have never heard of
Old 11-29-2011, 11:06 PM   #3
Taco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Dependent, pops was a Major
Name: Alex
Taco505's Tacoma Gallery
i have been to many shows and loved them all but for some reason Pepper always stands out for me they are amazing and work the crowd great saw this twice with in the last year haha
Old 11-29-2011, 11:07 PM   #4
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
I hate to give away my age, but I did attend the Monsters of Rock with Dokken, Scorpions, Metallica and others. Def Leppard Hysteria was pretty cool. Dave Matthews Crash was the best I've ever attended. Charlie Sheen would've been proud of me on that day from what I remember.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:12 PM   #5
l1tech is on a distinguished road

Name: mike
l1tech's Tacoma Gallery
A little bit country and a little rock-n-roll..

Tim McGraw
Chris Ledux
Mark Chesnut
Neil MCoy
Reba McEntire
Mindy Mcready
Lady Antibelum

Night Ranger
Loverboy
Black Flag
TSOL
Band of Horses
Floater

I'm sure there more but can't remember
Old 11-29-2011, 11:12 PM   #6
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Metallica on the And Justice for All tour in '88 was pretty cool
Old 11-29-2011, 11:15 PM   #7
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Social Distortion 3x
Henry Rollins (spoken word 4x and Rollins Band once)
Fu Manchu 2x
Clutch 2x
Ozzfest 2x
Teenage Bottlerocket 2x
Megadeth/Sevendust/Monster Magnet
The Reverend Horton Heat
George Thorogood and the Destroyers
Anthrax
Karma to Burn
Nine Inch Nails
Old 11-29-2011, 11:20 PM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Metallica x7
Megadeth x2
Rob Zombie x2
White Zombie
Black Sabbath ( Reunion tour , I'm not THAT old )
Filter
Godsmack
The Cult
Lamb of God
George Thorogood x2
Joe Satriani
David Lee Roth ( with Steve Vai )
Poison
Bon Jovi x2
Skid Row
Motley Crue x2
AC/DC x2
Whitesnake

and some more I can't remember right now
Old 11-29-2011, 11:20 PM   #9
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen Sage Francis like 4 times, met him a few and have some pictures.

I've also seen Oingo Boingo, Beach Boys, Styx....I am slowly remembering them all now.

Keep em coming guys!

Pepper would be awesome to see!..those were my highschool days.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:51 PM   #10
ser240z is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
ser240z's Tacoma Gallery
Depeche Mode x2 - Staples Ctr and Hollywood bowl
Trace Adkins in a banquet room at the Gaylord Opryland resort for a work conference.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #11
Taco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Dependent, pops was a Major
Name: Alex
Taco505's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectTekniq View Post
I've seen Sage Francis like 4 times, met him a few and have some pictures.

I've also seen Oingo Boingo, Beach Boys, Styx....I am slowly remembering them all now.

Keep em coming guys!

Pepper would be awesome to see!..those were my highschool days.
haha ya pepper is ridiculous for sure, in high school i was don in the front row but now i feel like I'm getting older and just chill on the balcony haha
Old 11-30-2011, 11:47 AM   #12
You can't see me
dand is a splendid one to beholddand is a splendid one to beholddand is a splendid one to beholddand is a splendid one to beholddand is a splendid one to beholddand is a splendid one to beholddand is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
dand's Tacoma Gallery
Lynyrd skynyrd
Fleetwood mac
Aerosmith 3times
BTO
CSN
Rod Stewart
Billy Idol
The Outlaws
Black Sabbath
The G Dead
Slayer
Robin Trower
Bad Company
Steppenwolf
3Dog night
Elvis .
The ocean Blue
BOK
Steely Dan
1000 maniacs
I sound like an old fuk,lol
Old 11-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #13
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
20 dollar lynyrd skynyrd concert.

corey smith
Old 11-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #14
rhewins13 is on a distinguished road
Army: SPC, 2 Brigade,82nd Abn Div, 1-73 CAV FST
Name: Richard
rhewins13's Tacoma Gallery
Ive only seen one singer live, and it was Randy Hauser in Raleigh, NC. I got lucky and heard that he was playing at a saloon that night when I was up in the area, so I went and saw him.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:56 AM   #15
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Metallica on the And Justice for All tour in '88 was pretty cool
Was it that show in Vancouver that the crowd rioted or was it the Black album tour?

I've seen a few shows in my time but the one that most impressed me was in the early 90's and I was at a show in a little club called La Luna in Portland. I was there to see Public Enemy and this band that opened up for them just blew me away. They were called Rage Against the Machine.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:57 AM   #16
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
So many concerts...my most memorable @ the Montreal Forum & actually saw the last concert hosted there. I really liked being at Centre Ice and all the history with that venue.
Personal Favorites that stand out are AC/DC, Foreigner, Rush, the Kinks & Queen.

Now I prefer smaller performing spaces and local bands, genre immaterial.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #17
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
Ozzfest - 1999 Phoenix, AZ - Black Sabbath, Rob Zombie, Deftones, Slayer, Primus, SOAD, Slipknot, Fear Factory. Awesome show!
Old 11-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
Was it that show in Vancouver that the crowd rioted or was it the Black album tour?

I've seen a few shows in my time but the one that most impressed me was in the early 90's and I was at a show in a little club called La Luna in Portland. I was there to see Public Enemy and this band that opened up for them just blew me away. They were called Rage Against the Machine.
The riot was in Montreal on the Black Album tour
Old 11-30-2011, 12:10 PM   #19
Unofficial member of the Rebel Alliance
robgeetar is on a distinguished road

Name: Robert
robgeetar's Tacoma Gallery
Metallica x2
Megadeth x2/Testament/Bonded By Blood
Dream Theater x2 (once w/Portnoy & once w/Mangini)
Mr. Big
Anthrax x2
Judas Priest x3
Iron Maiden x5
The Big 4
Van Halen (on their last reuniting tour with Roth)
Ozzfest x3
Black Sabbath (Ozzfest 05 ...I believe)
Def Leppard/Journey
Korn w/Shane Gibson
Steel Panther x3
Long Beach Symphony
Joe Satriani w/Mountain
Paul Gilbert x2
Motely Crue x2

best show has to be between DT, Mr. Big, and Megadeth
Dream Theater literally made my mind feel like it was melting
Mr. Big literally made my eyes/ears feel like they were melting
and Megadeth was probably the most brutal show I've ever been too, body melting

and not entirely proud of this but for the most part I am, I had the priveledge of playing with:
-Billy Idol
-Story of the Year
-Pretty Boy Floyd
-Michael Angelo Batio x3
-Neil Turbin's Deathriders x3
-and a super group called "the Big Ball Stars" = various members of W.A.S.P., Gn'R, MSG, Ratt, and Billy Idol
Old 11-30-2011, 12:11 PM   #20
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins_cc View Post
I hate to give away my age, but I did attend the Monsters of Rock with Dokken, Scorpions, Metallica and others. Def Leppard Hysteria was pretty cool. Dave Matthews Crash was the best I've ever attended. Charlie Sheen would've been proud of me on that day from what I remember.
With all the reunion tours it doesn't give away too much about your age. Hell, I just saw John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band at the Stone Pony 5 days ago.