Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Metalcore... Anyone?

Old 07-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #285
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery

Sworn In

We Came As Romans

Secrets

Dream On, Dreamer
Old 08-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #286
Don't mind me, I'm only slightly stupid
HamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
HamerMan's Tacoma Gallery
Metal core... ew... its all 'bout that power metal

Sabaton for all you metal core peoples
Old 11-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #287
xweslingx is a splendid one to beholdxweslingx is a splendid one to beholdxweslingx is a splendid one to beholdxweslingx is a splendid one to beholdxweslingx is a splendid one to beholdxweslingx is a splendid one to beholdxweslingx is a splendid one to behold

Name: Wes
xweslingx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgalvanxgx View Post
goooood stuffffzzz..

http://youtu.be/gQ7nPHeCxqA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ MacReady View Post
classic stufffzzzzz...

+ petron silver & guinness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon850FL View Post

Sworn In

We Came As Romans

Secrets

Dream On, Dreamer
love all those bands but i've been jamming a lot of Impending Doom and Reflections lately. all good stuff
Old 01-16-2014, 10:31 AM   #289
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Lets get this thread going again!

New Of mice and Men coming out Jan 28th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ8wwoC9v3s
Old 01-16-2014, 10:49 AM   #290
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
More new Of mice and men.
this one is a lot heavier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCqcl18Vlhs
Old 02-06-2014, 06:48 PM   #293
DougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Doug
DougDeBonet's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone listen to Intervals? They're an instrumental Djent band I just found out about recently, pretty rad

http://youtu.be/mk8GGzVbglU
Old 02-06-2014, 10:21 PM   #294
HamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Can you guys explain the draw for metalcore to me?
Old 02-06-2014, 11:35 PM   #295
DougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
It's a mix of metal and hardcore punk, so take a modern metal band such as deafheaven and combine that with some speed and breakdown like such provided by a hardcore band like Cruel Hand and you get metalcore
Old 02-07-2014, 06:46 AM   #296

Would modern metal be considered progressive? I'm not into either right now so it's hard for me to understand.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:02 AM   #298

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamerMan View Post
Would modern metal be considered progressive? I'm not into either right now so it's hard for me to understand.

Progressive such as Dream Theather? Technically yes.

I meant modern so you wouldn't be confused with Slayer, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest. Some people consider that "metal" which in my opinion it is not. It's just classic rock.

There's so many examples of metal that there's not just "metal" anymore lol.

Here's a good example of metal:
http://youtu.be/WMPd_WEMrLM

And a good example of hardcore:
http://youtu.be/Z8IgyeEkURw

And those together and you get stuff like this:
http://youtu.be/g2BI3Fww1vA
http://youtu.be/GLgLB3Jom8s
Old 02-07-2014, 11:10 AM   #299
Somethings Fuckey
06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
06 tacoma owner's Tacoma Gallery
Metalcore to me sounds like deathcore with clean vocals and higher tuned guitars.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:59 AM   #300

Metal to me is metallica, slayer an all related music. I also like me some power metal