Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Metalcore... Anyone?

Old 02-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #301
DougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Doug
DougDeBonet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 tacoma owner View Post
Metalcore to me sounds like deathcore with clean vocals and higher tuned guitars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamerMan View Post
Metal to me is metallica, slayer an all related music. I also like me some power metal

Yeah, it's hard to get a basic understanding of any sub genre under metal because there are a bunch. Every band has different influences and sounds, they may be metalcore but they sound like metal/deathcore/hardcore mix. It's just too hard now so I just IDtag everything as metal on iTunes.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #302
Don't mind me, I'm only slightly stupid
HamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
HamerMan's Tacoma Gallery
Power metal is pretty damn distinct. Fast as hell. Standard tuning. Lyrics about dragons and tanks. Clean vocals.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:52 PM   #303
DougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
DRAGONFORCE basically
Old 02-07-2014, 01:35 PM   #304
Don't mind me, I'm only slightly stupid
HamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
HamerMan's Tacoma Gallery
Eh. I never really got into dragonforce. I like Sabaton, iced earth, stratovarius.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:46 PM   #305
Señor Member
shipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
shipps's Tacoma Gallery
As a guitar player/metal head, Parkway Drive and IKTPQ were my first loves. More-so the early Parkway material when Adam D from Killswitch Engage was producing their records. Something about that Aussie metal.

Some other great, not so metal-corey bands
AAL (No not add-a-leafs)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmfzWpp0hMc

Or The Contortionist to fulfill all your prog metal needs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS0iwkM5wxA

Or if you just feel like punching the air
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OEuooB-QR4
Old 02-08-2014, 03:44 AM   #306

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipps View Post
As a guitar player/metal head, Parkway Drive and IKTPQ were my first loves. More-so the early Parkway material when Adam D from Killswitch Engage was producing their records. Something about that Aussie metal.

Some other great, not so metal-corey bands
AAL (No not add-a-leafs)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmfzWpp0hMc

Or The Contortionist to fulfill all your prog metal needs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS0iwkM5wxA

Or if you just feel like punching the air
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OEuooB-QR4

Parkway drive and IKTPQ are so good. Parkways first album will forever be their best. And animals as leaders rules.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:09 AM   #307
Señor Member
shipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDeBonet View Post
Parkway drive and IKTPQ are so good. Parkways first album will forever be their best. And animals as leaders rules.
Indeed sir, Parkway was my first metal show ever not too long after Horizons came out. I've always had a thing for IKTPQ. The mixture of clean vocals and metal vox always threw me off of some bands but not IKTPQ. They achieved the ultimate metalcore sound.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:46 AM   #308

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Indeed sir, Parkway was my first metal show ever not too long after Horizons came out. I've always had a thing for IKTPQ. The mixture of clean vocals and metal vox always threw me off of some bands but not IKTPQ. They achieved the ultimate metalcore sound.

YEAHHH and then the drummer from IKTPQ branched did his on hardcore thing with Deez Nuts, SO GOOD.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:52 AM   #309
Señor Member

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
YEAHHH and then the drummer from IKTPQ branched did his on hardcore thing with Deez Nuts, SO GOOD.
Hahaha YES I FORGOT ALL ABOUT DEEZ NUTS!!! Don't get it twisted, its still fuckin hardcore, stage dives, high fives! That's what I'm in this for!!!
Old 02-09-2014, 09:57 AM   #310

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Hahaha YES I FORGOT ALL ABOUT DEEZ NUTS!!! Don't get it twisted, its still fuckin hardcore, stage dives, high fives! That's what I'm in this for!!!

Tonight were gonna party like there's no tomorrow, forget about our whoas and drown our sorrows. Don't forget about your boys when your tippin that bottle! Drunk till fuckin death yeah thats our motto!
Old 02-09-2014, 10:07 AM   #311
Señor Member

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Tonight were gonna party like there's no tomorrow, forget about our whoas and drown our sorrows. Don't forget about your boys when your tippin that bottle! Drunk till fuckin death yeah thats our motto!
Brings back the highschool days lmao jammin Deez nuts on the ipod walking through the halls.

Haven't listened much but sounds promising, I think it will be hard for them to top their first album honestly. Something about that album just strikes a chord.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zok3T...DFtTM9VUxI66ag
Old 02-09-2014, 10:12 AM   #312
Deidara7117 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
Deidara7117's Tacoma Gallery
The Devil Wears Prada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxK6LA8Q5us
Old 02-09-2014, 10:13 AM   #313

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Brings back the highschool days lmao jammin Deez nuts on the ipod walking through the halls.

Haven't listened much but sounds promising, I think it will be hard for them to top their first album honestly. Something about that album just strikes a chord.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zok3T...DFtTM9VUxI66ag

I didn't even know they had a new album, I'm so out of the loop since it-leaked died, they had the best set up for similar artists and shit.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:21 AM   #314
Señor Member

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I didn't even know they had a new album, I'm so out of the loop since it-leaked died, they had the best set up for similar artists and shit.
Yeah I've been out of the loop a little bit as well, I heard they had something coming out a while back but never really followed up on it. Facebook and other social media is mostly where i keep up with whats going on in the metal world and that usually doesn't always cut it.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:27 AM   #315

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Yeah I've been out of the loop a little bit as well, I heard they had something coming out a while back but never really followed up on it. Facebook and other social media is mostly where i keep up with whats going on in the metal world and that usually doesn't always cut it.

Yeah I don't really follow my Facebook. I mainly have it to keep updated on new gun parts coming out and sales so I have a specific feed for that.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:56 AM   #316

Law Enforcement:
Metalcore... Anyone?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1392054967.085719.jpg
Old 02-10-2014, 10:10 AM   #317
Señor Member

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

first parkway song i ever learned to play
Old 02-10-2014, 10:31 AM   #318

Law Enforcement:
So good haha
Old 02-13-2014, 08:58 PM   #319
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-13-2014, 10:11 PM   #320

Law Enforcement:
NO WAYYYYY is it better than the second album