Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Metalcore... Anyone?

Old 05-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #21
Official Flatlander
Gieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gieser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thairannosaurus View Post
man, never thought i'd see a thread like this. all the suggestions were awesome. unless, i skimmed too fast, i didn't see AS I LAY DYING. anything from is amazing.

HASTE THE DAY was a good suggestion.

as of now though, my new favorite is BURY TOMORROW. they're an up and coming english band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R21GFU_w6ig?version=3
Yup As i Lay Dying is pretty awesome too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erFxFsTZaMs?version=3
Old 05-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #22
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
ABANDON ALL SHIPS IS ANOTHER FAVORITE
Old 05-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #23
Kanikas is a name known to allKanikas is a name known to allKanikas is a name known to allKanikas is a name known to allKanikas is a name known to allKanikas is a name known to all

Name: Gilbert
Kanikas's Tacoma Gallery
Quick question: how do you get the YouTube videos to show up as an actual video on your post? I can post the link, and of course the link will show up, but when I try and use the embed code and click "Preview Post" the video doesn't pop up :\

I have some songs I'd like to share.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #24
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
I love haste the day, one of the few bands that hasn't changed in a bad way with time. Old underoath is great.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #25
Official Flatlander
Gieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gieser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
I love haste the day, one of the few bands that hasn't changed in a bad way with time. Old underoath is great.

ya im not a fan of underoaths newest album. Dalllas taylor moved on to Maylene and The Sons of Disaster which im a big fan of.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #26
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Great thread. I made one a while back for hardcore bands but didn't realize there was a difference

Currently listening to DWP, every time I die, and These hearts.
He is legend was great several years ago along with chiodos. Not really metalcore but hardcore.

Sky eats airplane was an amazing hardcore electronia band but they got more famous and more gay. This was when they had only 2 guys, a singer and a guitar player. Everything else was from a macbook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb2W2flJF94&sns=em
Old 05-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #27
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
Sea of treachery is good as well.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #28
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Old fear before the march of flames. Loved them, but not really "metalcore"
Old 05-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #29
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad this thread took off!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #30
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
just saw these guys live last week. They were pretty f'n intense. Here is a live clip

http://youtu.be/wYKR8_Sn7-8
Old 05-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #31
Kanikas is a name known to allKanikas is a name known to allKanikas is a name known to allKanikas is a name known to allKanikas is a name known to allKanikas is a name known to all

Name: Gilbert
Kanikas's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a big fan of metalcore/death metal/hardcore/post-hardcore and I've been listening for about 8 years now, thanks to my older brother.

As far as metalcore goes, my favorite is prolly August Burns Red. I just love the messages in their music, even though I am not religious.

The guitar from about 1:55-3:00 is just spectacular! I love it!

http://youtu.be/ugPxKkDmh5M

I'm also a big fan of The Ghost Inside.

http://youtu.be/H5WahofSdog

As far as post-hardcore, my two favorites are probably From Autumn to Ashes

http://youtu.be/PJWRycBA3sM

And what I consider to be one of the best bands ever, Alexisonfire. Such a shame both bands split-up. Damn shame.

http://youtu.be/jjSKIB9t0Bo

http://youtu.be/kgkMlEn8L2E
Old 05-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #32
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
august burns red-carol of the bells.... lol i jam that shit on x-mas
Old 05-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #33
Take your flame, ignite the world!!!!
04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
04taco2wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxRome View Post
Old attack attack is good. Someday came suddenly was their best album IMO.
This for sure. Austin Carlile is the man. Which reminds me, Of Mice and Men's latest cd The Flood is amazing. Too bad Shayley left.

On another note. I love this type of music (as well as others) and this is the type of music that my band plays. Some of my favorite bands are A Day To Remember, Asking Alexandria, Of Mice and Men, I See Stars (their new album Digital Renegade is the shit), Sleeping Giant, I the Breather, For Today...too many to name...I will say that I am glad someone finally made a thread like this.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #34
Take your flame, ignite the world!!!!
04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed04taco2wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
04taco2wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
I like AAS cd Geeving, but seeing them live was terrible. You can tell everything is prerecorded and his screaming is not that good live. They are excellent song writers, just not that great live IMO.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #35
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04taco2wd View Post
This for sure. Austin Carlile is the man. Which reminds me, Of Mice and Men's latest cd The Flood is amazing. Too bad Shayley left.

On another note. I love this type of music (as well as others) and this is the type of music that my band plays. Some of my favorite bands are A Day To Remember, Asking Alexandria, Of Mice and Men, I See Stars (their new album Digital Renegade is the shit), Sleeping Giant, I the Breather, For Today...too many to name...I will say that I am glad someone finally made a thread like this.
yeah of mice and men is good, i like them
Old 05-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #36
Houston's Swamp Rat

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery

http://youtu.be/ZV0y3cgIS9Q
Old 05-28-2012, 12:26 AM   #37
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
subbed so hard
Old 05-28-2012, 01:01 AM   #38
Houston's Swamp Rat

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemicals View Post
subbed so hard
lmao
Old 05-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #39
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Alexisonfire is no more?
Old 05-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #40
TacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gus
TacomaGus's Tacoma Gallery
This thread has gotten truly awesome, great taste. As stated of mice and men, attack attack, as I lay dying and all of these others are great.

Does anyone like Silverstein? They are def my fav band of all time and they haven't gone mainstream which is great. Best album is a shipwreck in the sand, whole album is a story start to finish and it's unbelievable.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wrlhfnVx4F0