LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

favorite country or western song

Old 01-20-2009, 02:02 PM   #21
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin03 View Post
I agree with what you say, but I think that you'll find that there are a lot of country songs out there every year that never make it to the radio stations. In my opinion, it's the country stations that are more integrated with pop music each year.

As for my favorite, way too many to list. The great thing about country is that there's a song that's perfect for every mood. But among my favorite artists are:

Alan Jackson
Johnny Cash
Waylon Jennings
Toby Keith
George Strait
Reba McEntire
Kris Kristoffersen

I could keep going...
damn good list there man!
Old 01-20-2009, 02:17 PM   #22
Atlanta Falcons
JimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud of

JimmyCrackCorn's Tacoma Gallery
I mentioned him earlier, but I'll say it again. Mark Chesnutt with eight number one singles from Beaumont, TX has got to be the most under rated male country singer in the world!

http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/Ma...CYqeXbmFLesyUv

Old 01-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #23
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyCrackCorn View Post
I mentioned him earlier, but I'll say it again. Mark Chesnutt with eight number one singles from Beaumont, TX has got to be the most under rated male country singer in the world!

ol' mark is pretty good.............but i really,really hated "bubba shot the jukebox"!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 02:23 PM   #24
ajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ajviper7's Tacoma Gallery
Waylon Jennings- Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way & I've Always Been Crazy.

Johnny Cash- Folsom Prison Blues.

Hank JR.- A Country Boy Can Survive & Family Tradition.

Travis Tritt- Great Day to Be Alive.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajviper7 View Post
Waylon Jennings- Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way & I've Always Been Crazy.

Johnny Cash- Folsom Prison Blues.

Hank JR.- A Country Boy Can Survive & Family Tradition.

Travis Tritt- Great Day to Be Alive.
cocaine blues....johnny cash.......listen to that song!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #26
Atlanta Falcons
JimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud of

JimmyCrackCorn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
ol' mark is pretty good.............but i really,really hated "bubba shot the jukebox"!!!
That that one was a little over the top!
Old 01-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyCrackCorn View Post
That that one was a little over the top!
yeah...that, and they completely wore that song out when it first came out.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:05 PM   #28
ajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
cocaine blues....johnny cash.......listen to that song!!!
I have, many times, it's a great song like all Johnny Cash songs are.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:15 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajviper7 View Post
I have, many times, it's a great song like all Johnny Cash songs are.
well hell yeah man!!
Old 01-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
I've been a hugh fan of Johnny Cash for a lot of years, but I never really considered him a 'country' singer in its purest terms, nor was I a big fan of country.

I liked that he was a badass, Nashville hated him, and the stories he told in such a commanding voice. I own just about everything he ever did and do my best tinkering and fab work with his stuff on.

When I had the opportunity to name a barrel of Maker's Mark bourbon, I had no other name in mind other than his:

Johnny Cash and I will meet again when he's properly aged and I'll toast to him.
thats kickass man!
Old 01-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #31
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Gotta love the Man in black!
Old 01-20-2009, 04:36 PM   #32

That's awesome SecretSquirrel! I love Maker's Mark. (but not as much as Crown )
Old 01-20-2009, 05:44 PM   #33

forgot to mention..................anything by randy travis and conway twitty........awesome!!
Old 01-20-2009, 05:45 PM   #34
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chris Christopherson too!
Old 01-20-2009, 05:46 PM   #35
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
jamey johnson- in color
george strait-troubador
Old 01-20-2009, 05:47 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole47 View Post
jamey johnson- in color
george strait-troubador
Jamey Johnson is badass! and actually sounds country!
Old 01-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #37
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by -TRDMAN- View Post

yeah hes the man his other song its almost as good as in color is high cost of living
Old 01-20-2009, 05:50 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TRDMAN- View Post
you got that right man....he's great!!

any of ya'll ever heard "on the seashores of old mexico" by george strait??? good stuff!!
Old 01-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #39

Tacomaman06, yet again I'm with you on the Randy Travis.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #40

cole47's Tacoma Gallery
yall know that jamey johnsons been in with george strait for a while i heard someone say he help write just give it away