LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

favorite country or western song

Old 01-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #1
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
favorite country or western song

my favorite song is george strait, amarillo by morning
Old 01-17-2009, 08:53 PM   #3
Atlanta Falcons
JimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud of

JimmyCrackCorn's Tacoma Gallery
next...
Old 01-17-2009, 08:59 PM   #4
Atlanta Falcons
JimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud ofJimmyCrackCorn has much to be proud of

JimmyCrackCorn's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, way to many to pick one. So many great ones depending on the mood I'm in. From current to classic hits, love songs, rowdy drinking tunes, southern rock, sad..."she left" songs, etc. A few come immediately to mind though (In no particular order):

Anything by Johnny Cash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq5jd...eature=related
or anything else by Strait

http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/Ma...ebox--39785747
or anything else by Mark Chesnutt

Anything by Sammy Kershaw, "She Don't Know She's Beautiful", "Cadillac Style", "Haunted Heart", "Queen of My Double-Wide Trailer", and "Love of My Life".

A ton of people have remade this one, but the original Dave Loggins', "Please Come To Boston" from 1974 is the best:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2k2F...eature=related

Hank Williams, "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry"

George Jones, "He Stopped Loving Her Today"

Anything by Randy Travis...

Willie Nelson, "Whiskey River"

Waylon Jennings, "Luckenback Texas"

Hank Williams Jr., "Family Tradition"

Just about anything from Conway Twitty...

Garth Brooks, "The Dance"

Just about anything from Alabama...

Tracy Lawrence, Tracy Byrd, Trace Adkins, Alan Jackson...(I know I'm forgetting a lot of people)

Too many country singing women to list ...

I'll stop cause I could go on all night!
Old 01-17-2009, 09:14 PM   #5
HOT!!
hillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
hillbillytaco's Tacoma Gallery
about any of it George Strait def tops of the list "Cowboy Rides Away"
A buddy of mine is trying to break into country music he has an album out around here look him up on myspace Charlie Kenney. he's good let me know what you think.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:24 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i agree with the sammy kershaw conceert...........but all the new sugarlsnd is haard to best@!!!!

t many morttooo is tonite!!
Old 01-18-2009, 03:26 AM   #7
mkeeagle is on a distinguished road
Navy: IC3
mkeeagle's Tacoma Gallery
I like alot of Alan Jackson song but give me the gal in Sugarland!!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 12:59 PM   #8
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i agree with the sammy kershaw conceert...........but all the new sugarlsnd is haard to best@!!!!

t many morttooo is tonite!!
damn........i was a bit intoxicated last night at my buddies house when i posted that!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:29 PM   #9
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
damn........i was a bit intoxicated last night at my buddies house when i posted that!
haha all I can say in my lowest voice is... dude...
Old 01-18-2009, 06:32 PM   #10
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OU812's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking off the top of my head here

Johnny Cash - Rusty Cage or anything by him
Alan Jackson- Drive (for daddy Gene) or all of his stuff
George Strait- I can still make Cheyenne / all his music is good
Old 01-18-2009, 06:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
haha all I can say in my lowest voice is... dude...
....................sugarland is a great band............and jennifer nettles is HOT!!!

im still like sammy kershaw and damn near everything by johnny cash!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:41 PM   #12
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
....................sugarland is a great band............and jennifer nettles is HOT!!!

im still like sammy kershaw and damn near everything by johnny cash!
by far country singers are the hottest, jen is hot and im pretty sure the other guy in that band is a flamer
Old 01-18-2009, 06:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
by far country singers are the hottest, jen is hot and im pretty sure the other guy in that band is a flamer
haha....i thought that dude was dating ms. nettles!

anyway.......yeah....country has the hottest women/girls outta any music genre!!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:46 PM   #14

OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yep can't beat a country girl.. My ex wife is very good friends with Chely Wright. She went to school with her in the town I live in.
I used to have a crush for Patty Loveless.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:48 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
yep can't beat a country girl.. My ex wife is very good friends with Chely Wright. She went to school with her in the town I live in.
I used to have a crush for Patty Loveless.
chely wright and patty lovelass =
Old 01-18-2009, 06:48 PM   #16
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
Talking

Quote:
haha....i thought that dude was dating ms. nettles!

anyway.......yeah....country has the hottest women/girls outta any music genre!!
he might be banging her for all i know, but i know she deserves a lot better like me.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:49 PM   #17

Quote:
he might be banging her for all i know, but i know she deserves a lot better like me.
and i say the same thing about miranda lambert being with blake shelton!!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymar00n View Post
I don't have a favorite, but for TW I'll name one relevant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiOvK4xwr2U
link no worky.

brooks and dunn are badass tho!
Old 01-20-2009, 10:13 AM   #19
BioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant future
BioMed80's Tacoma Gallery
Finally, some country fans!!! You guys have already called a lot of great artists. There's far too many, so I'll just say that most of my favorites are in the 90's era and earlier. I still like today's country, but it gets more integrated with pop every year.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:25 AM   #20
The Cooler King
Dustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of light

Dustin03's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Dustin03
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMed80 View Post
Finally, some country fans!!! You guys have already called a lot of great artists. There's far too many, so I'll just say that most of my favorites are in the 90's era and earlier. I still like today's country, but it gets more integrated with pop every year.
I agree with what you say, but I think that you'll find that there are a lot of country songs out there every year that never make it to the radio stations. In my opinion, it's the country stations that are more integrated with pop music each year.

As for my favorite, way too many to list. The great thing about country is that there's a song that's perfect for every mood. But among my favorite artists are:

Alan Jackson
Johnny Cash
Waylon Jennings
Toby Keith
George Strait
Reba McEntire
Kris Kristoffersen

I could keep going...