Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

What concerts have you seen recently?

Old 10-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #21
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by friction View Post
Just saw The Wailers a few weeks ago (in Chatham County, NC - your neck of the woods jgwheeler).
not far at all. was it at Cat's Cradle? . . . Little Feat was playing there recently. kind of wish i would have made that show.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #22
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
not far at all. was it at Cat's Cradle? . . . Little Feat was playing there recently. kind of wish i would have made that show.
No, at a farm near Pittsboro (Shakori Hills Grassroots Festival)...actually, I saw music for 4 days straight, but the Wailers and Steep Canyon Rangers were the only "big" names anyone would know, really.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #23
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
No, at a farm near Pittsboro (Shakori Hills Grassroots Festival)...actually, I saw music for 4 days straight, but the Wailers and Steep Canyon Rangers were the only "big" names anyone would know, really.
oh nice. yeah i know about that festival, never have made it though. i would have liked to have seen the Steep Canyon Rangers as well. they're a solid band. Steve Martin has been touring and playing with them a lot lately.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #24
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
saw Pearl Jam in Amsterdam, Prague, and Berlin in June/July.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:39 AM   #25
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Eric Church at mid-state fair over summer. That's the only one this year... Was pretty badass, kinda short though.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #26
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
oh nice. yeah i know about that festival, never have made it though. i would have liked to have seen the Steep Canyon Rangers as well. they're a solid band. Steve Martin has been touring and playing with them a lot lately.
If you like to camp, love music, and don't mind the hippie types it is a great festival...very laid back, and you can BYOB to the stages even (which is a tremendous saver on $ compared to other festivals I've been to).

I've made alot of friends going there over the years...probably been 10-15 times.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawless View Post
saw Pearl Jam in Amsterdam, Prague, and Berlin in June/July.
Well hell. Way to show us all up.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #28
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
If you like to camp, love music, don't mind the hippie types it is a great festival...very laid back, and you can BYOB to the stages even (which is a tremendous saver on $ compared to other festivals I've been to).

I've made alot of friends going there over the years...probably been 10-15 times.
very cool. yeah it's definitely on my list of shows/festivals to go to. i like bluegrass a lot too and they usually have a lot of great bands out there. the BYOB is certainly an enticing bit of information as well!

I want to make Merlefest in Wilksboro, NC this year also.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #29
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
I went to Heavy T.O. in august.. it had
Marilyn Manson
In Flames
Trivium
Gojira
Slipknot
Five Finger Death Punch
Killswitch Engage
Deftones
Goatwhore.. and more, but I forget who.

Thats the most recent. Saw Foo Fighters last year.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapcinq View Post
Marilyn Manson
In Flames
Trivium
Gojira
Slipknot
Five Finger Death Punch
Killswitch Engage
Deftones
Is that a Christian rock festival?
Old 10-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #31
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is that a Christian rock festival?
Yea, P.O.D. was the head liner.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #32
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Rush, Apocalyptica, Opeth, Pearl Jam...
Old 10-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #33
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well hell. Way to show us all up.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #34
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Apparently Rob Zombie and Marilyn aren't getting along at all on that tour

I've seen White Zombie once and Rob Zombie twice , awesome shows
So I've heard..a couple of weeks ago Manson complained about cutting his set short, Rob said he went on late so that's on him.

I'm wondering if Manson was a little ill, like cold/flu. Those guys can't take a day off like most unless they're really in a bad way, but after that I don't think I'll see him again.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #35
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapcinq View Post
Marilyn Manson
In Flames
Trivium
Gojira
Slipknot
Five Finger Death Punch
Killswitch Engage
Deftones

Thats the most recent. Saw Foo Fighters last year.
Sounds like a great lineup..the Trespass America date in August was missing Slipknot, Deftones, and Manson off your list. Pop Evil played with it and maybe 1-2 more little-known ones.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #36
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Nathan and the Zydeco cha chas.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #37
*~*
TacoJenn is on a distinguished road
Name: Jennifer
TacoJenn's Tacoma Gallery
Just Saw Jason aldean ... Great show! And last October caught Elton John in Vegas... AMAZING!!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #38
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Neil Young and Crazy Horse @ Red Rocks.

GWAR Halloween night in Denver.

That's blood not shit!
Old 10-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #39
JaxTaco has much to be proud ofJaxTaco has much to be proud ofJaxTaco has much to be proud ofJaxTaco has much to be proud ofJaxTaco has much to be proud ofJaxTaco has much to be proud ofJaxTaco has much to be proud ofJaxTaco has much to be proud ofJaxTaco has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
JaxTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a concert freak too- started when I was 16 and haven't stopped yet! Have seen Springsteen 30 times, and if he's coming near you, I'd advise you to check it out, no on puts on a show like he does. You get your moneys worth!!
Let's see if i can remember who I've seen this year:
Jeff Beck (a guitar god)
Black Crowes
Bryan Adams
Chris Isaak (great, great show)
Counting Crows (new CD is very good)
Death Cab for Cutie (good show but lousy crowd)
Steve Vai (good showman, sick player)
Foxy Shazam (best live band that noone knows)
Grace Potter & the Nocturnals (super talented and way hot)
Gun N' Roses (Axl was sounding great, and the band was tight)
John Hiatt (killer song writer)
John Mellencamp (acoustic-type show, not so great)
Judas Priest (3000 guys and 4 chicks)
Kelly Clarkson (shut up, I don't get to choose them all)
Kenny Loggins (see above)
Lindsey Buckingham (i've said it 1k times- most underrated guitarist out there)
Neon Trees (Zzzzzzzzzzz...but a TON of chicks)
Wilco (not sure what they do but it sounded awesome)
Social Distortion ( 2nd time for me, another underrated/unappreciated band)
Todd Rundgren/Utopia ( I love this guy, so many great songs)
Johnny Winter/Edgar Winter/Rick Derringer(legends but going thru the motions now)
Eddie Money (I think I'm in A Bar, what happened?)
Old 97's (you know, that band you go to hear 1-2 songs?)

Probably missed a few too, LOL.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #40
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Los Lobos , Steel Pulse , Don Carlos