Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

What concerts have you seen recently?

Old 10-29-2012, 10:20 PM   #41
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Hoping to hell that House of Blues Boston isn't cancelling Social Distortion tomorrow thanks to the 'cane
Old 10-30-2012, 01:21 AM   #42
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
The only concerts I attend are for music major credit. I'm pretty much burnt on jazz, classical, percussion, orchestra, and any other type of music along those lines.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:24 AM   #43
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
We don't get hardly anybody up here since we're so far removed, but I did get to see Bela fleck up here. Great show. Flew to NYC to see dream theater last November. Epic show.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:28 AM   #44
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
We don't get hardly anybody up here since we're so far removed, but I did get to see Bela fleck up here. Great show. Flew to NYC to see dream theater last November. Epic show.
Pitbull went to that walmart ;p
Old 10-30-2012, 01:38 AM   #45
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Haha did he actually go? I never heard the end of that.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:50 AM   #46
Drop it Drop it Low

Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Haha did he actually go? I never heard the end of that.
I remember seeing a pic but you know how Photoshop is
Old 10-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #47
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Well, HOB still open..I get to cross Social Distortion off my "never seen" list
Old 10-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #48
It burns when I pee....

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Great show..Mike Ness still got it after all these years
Old 10-31-2012, 04:07 AM   #49
Cranky & often armed sysadmin
Xaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Xaks
Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
billy joel, huey lewis, bb king, bryan adams, and bon jovi (wife made me go on that one
)
Old 10-31-2012, 10:13 AM   #50
It burns when I pee....

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
THAT is who I forgot!

In August, one day after seeing Anthrax/Motorhead/Slayer/Slipknot..I saw Huey Lewis and the News with Joe Cocker.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:48 AM   #51
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaks View Post
billy joel, huey lewis, bb king, bryan adams, and bon jovi (wife made me go on that one
)
Props for your honesty.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #52
It burns when I pee....

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
I took my wife to the Huey/Joe concert..she liked Joe better, but I've been a Huey fan since I was 9 yrs old.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #53
Xaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by friction View Post
Props for your honesty.
Bryan Adams was a HELL of a good show. He was doing a 'bare bones' gig....him with a guitar and one guy with a piano. That was it. Really, really funny and good tunes.

B B King needs no story

Huey was...ehh, not as good as they were 15 years ago, but still decent.

Billy Joel was HELLA great show. He absolutely does NOT care and just has fun on stage.

And...why wouldn't I be honest? Even here, I can admit my tastes. Hell, do we need a thread on the last years worth of stage theatricals too? Lets see, that would be Les Miserables (Broadway), the 'new' Lord of the Dance (Flatley is/was better, but this 'new' kid is damn good), the Peking Acrobats, and two Cirque shows, and that's only in the last year or less!
Old 11-02-2012, 01:21 AM   #54
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Roger Waters performing 'The Wall'
Old 11-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #55
JaxTaco has much to be proud ofJaxTaco has much to be proud ofJaxTaco has much to be proud ofJaxTaco has much to be proud ofJaxTaco has much to be proud ofJaxTaco has much to be proud ofJaxTaco has much to be proud ofJaxTaco has much to be proud ofJaxTaco has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
JaxTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:"Bryan Adams was a HELL of a good show. He was doing a 'bare bones' gig....him with a guitar and one guy with a piano. That was it. Really, really funny and good tunes."

Agreed- I saw him here in Jacksonville on that tour and it was outstanding. The guy is just a great songwriter. At one point, where he solicited the audience to call out songs, he got an obligatory "Freebird", and he laughed, then immediately began playing it- knew the chords, knew the words, got a standing O.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #56
It burns when I pee....

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Just got home from Manchester NH..Loverboy, Pat Benatar, and Journey. Good stuff..
Old 12-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #57
Buff0957 is on a distinguished road
Buff0957's Tacoma Gallery
Got to see Jack White in Tulsa a little while ago. One of thes best shows ever!

Pokey Lafarge & the South City Three, they opened up for Jack but they deserve a mention, these dudes are legit old 30's & 40's Americana tunes.

Band of Heathens
John Fullbright
Damn Quails
Stoney Larue
(Cody Canada &) The Departed

Gotta Love the RED DIRT!!!
Old 12-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #58

Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
My wife drug me to a show Friday night.

Richard Marx, solo. Unplugged. One guy, a piano, and an acoustic guitar.

*Surprisingly* good show. He was funny, engaging, and he didn't just play all the droopy, lovey-dovey shit. He actually does a lot of songwriting across genres and played shit from country, to rock, blues, etc.

I was very pleasantly surprised at how good a show it was. I'm starting to like the unplugged shows that I'm seeing artists do. Bryan Adams did a show like this last year that we saw up in West Palm and it was rockin.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #60
It burns when I pee....

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Leggo, I used to see Clutch Grabwell quite a lot in the 90s and yes..ska music is so intense live.

Haven't seen anything the past few weeks, but that will soon change..haha