Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

What concerts have you seen recently?

Old 08-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #161
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Last week, blues festival.

Canned Heat, Rick Derringer, Edgar Winters, 10 Years After.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #162
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
Saw Queens of the Stone Age at Red Rocks in Colorado two weeks ago. BAD TO THE BONE!
Old 08-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #163
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Last week I saw Slaughter, Great White and Queensryche. I didn't expect much out of Queensryche with a new singer but Todd LeTorre had me leaving saying "Geoff who?" He is hitting stuff Geoff hasn't in many years. The disappoint was seeing the setlist my wife grabbed. Take Hold Of The Flame (a favorite) was scratched over with a markerand a newer one replaced it near the end.

Tonight is the Rock Allegiance Tour. Airbourne, All That Remains and Volbeat. I am pretty much going for Volbeat.

Saturday night Hank fuckin' 3!! I am excited for that one. I haven't seen him before other than when he was in Superjoint Ritual.

Hatebreed, Shadows Fall and Battlecross in Oct. again too!
Old 08-31-2013, 02:25 PM   #165
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
Last week I saw Slaughter, Great White and Queensryche. I didn't expect much out of Queensryche with a new singer but Todd LeTorre had me leaving saying "Geoff who?" He is hitting stuff Geoff hasn't in many years. The disappoint was seeing the setlist my wife grabbed. Take Hold Of The Flame (a favorite) was scratched over with a markerand a newer one replaced it near the end.

Tonight is the Rock Allegiance Tour. Airbourne, All That Remains and Volbeat. I am pretty much going for Volbeat.

Saturday night Hank fuckin' 3!! I am excited for that one. I haven't seen him before other than when he was in Superjoint Ritual.

Hatebreed, Shadows Fall and Battlecross in Oct. again too!
I've seen 'ryche a few times..if you've never seen the Mindcrime set you have to check it out or buy the box set for it.

Next up for me is Satriani in a few wks..then Devildriver or Korn..leaning to Devildriver.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:19 PM   #166
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
I've seen 'ryche a few times..if you've never seen the Mindcrime set you have to check it out or buy the box set for it.

Next up for me is Satriani in a few wks..then Devildriver or Korn..leaning to Devildriver.
I saw Queensryche twice when Operation Mindcrime came out years ago. Plus I saw them open for a couple other bands at times (Def Leppard at least twice, yea, I'm old!).

Devildriver have always put on a good show. They will probably have a date at The Machineshop at some point in the near future.

Speaking of Korn, the rumor is Volbeat will be opening for them next year (the next time after Rock Alliance Tour they will be here in the US).

Good rumor I heard from a guy close to King Diamond, expect some touring next year!!

A prize of mine from my first Pantera show, a pic handed to me by "Diamond Darrel" Abbott aka Dimebag. He and Phil were standing by the bar by the stage after the show. I was getting a beer, looked over and had to sasy great show. That is what I got in return! It was the 2nd lap of the Cowboys From Hell tour with Wrathchild America opening (who were also great but underrated).

Old 09-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #167
It burns when I pee....

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I saw Queensryche twice when Operation Mindcrime came out years ago. Plus I saw them open for a couple other bands at times (Def Leppard at least twice, yea, I'm old!).

Devildriver have always put on a good show. They will probably have a date at The Machineshop at some point in the near future.

Speaking of Korn, the rumor is Volbeat will be opening for them next year (the next time after Rock Alliance Tour they will be here in the US).

Good rumor I heard from a guy close to King Diamond, expect some touring next year!!
Didn't see Queensryche till about 2005 but done it a few times..including Mindcrime the first time, and MC 1/2 another.

Saw DevilDriver open for Arch Enemy 2 years ago, you have got to see AE if they come around..amazing show, top 5 of mine. Tough to miss Korn but I've waited all this time for DevilDriver again..

I would give my left arm to see King....please please please..
Old 09-27-2013, 10:55 PM   #168
It burns when I pee....

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Satriani just exploded my skull...amazing
Old 09-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #169
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Satriani just exploded my skull...amazing
Saw him in a small club in Vancouver when he released Surfing With The Alien
Old 09-27-2013, 11:01 PM   #170
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Caught the RIOT FEST last week.

Favorites

Guided by Voices
Yo La Tengo
Rocket from the Crypt
Stooges with James Williamson
Replacements - They stole the show, awesome!
Old 09-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #172
iliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
iliketurtles's Tacoma Gallery
In the past couple months I've seen Black Sabbath, Matisyahu, Rebelution, Collie Buddz, Sublime with Rome, Pennywise, & The Descendants. Black Sabbath was badass!!!
Old 09-27-2013, 11:24 PM   #173
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
Caught the RIOT FEST last week.

Favorites

Guided by Voices
Yo La Tengo
Rocket from the Crypt
Stooges with James Williamson
Replacements - They stole the show, awesome!
Was at the Chicago weekend. It was incredible to see the Replacements! Suicidal Tendencies were just nuts too.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:31 PM   #174
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Rush at Saratoga Ny.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:47 PM   #175
Wandering But Not Lost

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Didn't see Queensryche till about 2005 but done it a few times..including Mindcrime the first time, and MC 1/2 another.

Saw DevilDriver open for Arch Enemy 2 years ago, you have got to see AE if they come around..amazing show, top 5 of mine. Tough to miss Korn but I've waited all this time for DevilDriver again..

I would give my left arm to see King....please please please..
I have seen DD @ 4 times and they always put on a great show.

If you like Volbeat, they will be opening for Korn next year on tour in the US. Volbeat are done over here after the current tour. But you didn't hear that from me. I will go for Volbeat but not much on Korn. The wife likes Korn a lot. I will give them a try though. Their first CD was great. They got repetitious and bored me after that.

We saw Hank 3 for the first time about a month ago now. Wow. That guy can put on a show! Just 3 hours with 3 different styles. A lot of people left after the country stuff. Bye! Awesome stuff!

Hatebreed, Shoadowsfall and Battlecross in a couple weeks! That will be a good one (again).
Old 09-28-2013, 12:13 AM   #176
zbaldo has a spectacular aura aboutzbaldo has a spectacular aura about

Name: Ozzy
zbaldo's Tacoma Gallery
I went to the System Of A Down concert In july
THEY WERE AWESOME. I had been a fan since middle school and I hadn't seen them ever so when I found out they were in town (only show in the USA in 2013) I was IN.

I'm going to see the Arctic Monkeys on Tuesday and maybe Avenged Sevenfold in October( GF loves them, almost obsessively)
Old 09-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #177
It burns when I pee....

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Saw him in a small club in Vancouver when he released Surfing With The Alien
First time for me, wish I had seen him a lot sooner. That must have been amazing..
Old 09-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #178
It burns when I pee....

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have seen DD @ 4 times and they always put on a great show.

If you like Volbeat, they will be opening for Korn next year on tour in the US. Volbeat are done over here after the current tour. But you didn't hear that from me. I will go for Volbeat but not much on Korn. The wife likes Korn a lot. I will give them a try though. Their first CD was great. They got repetitious and bored me after that.

We saw Hank 3 for the first time about a month ago now. Wow. That guy can put on a show! Just 3 hours with 3 different styles. A lot of people left after the country stuff. Bye! Awesome stuff!

Hatebreed, Shoadowsfall and Battlecross in a couple weeks! That will be a good one (again).
Not a real fan of Volbeat but I'd not skip them if they're playing with Korn. Seen Korn about 10 times now..hard choice tonight but I don't wanna miss DD.

Saw Hatebreed in April on the New England Metalfest stop. Friday was Municipal Waste, Hatebreed, Exodus, Anthrax. If you like thrash you gotta check out MW. That Sunday's lineup was Sick of it all, DRI, Suicidal Tendencies. ST was great, they played "How Will I Laugh Tomorrow" which they skipped the first time I saw them. What was a nice bonus was during ST's set Kurt Brecht from DRI strolled up next to me and started hanging out talking between songs.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #179
It burns when I pee....

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Devildriver blew me away..Trivium not so much, not a fan really.

Sadly, about 4 songs in one of the mosh pit guys broke his ankle. Dez stopped the show and when it looked like he was going to get carried away started the next song for the guy. It wasn't to be, they couldn't do it without a stretcher so they stopped again till the paramedics could enter and bring the guy out.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #180
excalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud of

excalis's Tacoma Gallery
Saw Depeche Mode in Dallas last weekend and will be seeing Pearl Jam there as well in November.