Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Amazing Acoustic Song

Old 01-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
Captain Taco
tacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Volunteer Firefighter
Name: Matt
tacofire38's Tacoma Gallery
Amazing Acoustic Song

Hey guys, Just wanted to share this video i found with yall. I play acoustic myself and am in a band. I saw this and was blown away at this guys talent. I know i would love to be able to do this!!! Anybody else out there guitar players? Would like to see some fellow guitarists. Thanks and enjoy the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdYJf_ybyVo
Old 01-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
Spitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Surface Warfare
Spitfire's Tacoma Gallery
That was some virtuoso playing.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, saw him play live. When he played this everyone was going crazy. Really good musician to say the least.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #4
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
i just saw that video the other day. He is so sick. You can't beat the 12 string guitar. Or is he playing an 11 string? either way haha

I like Ben Howard too, maybe not as good as John butler but still great. check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_fQh8Epslc
Old 01-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
Captain Taco
tacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDog01 View Post
Yup, saw him play live. When he played this everyone was going crazy. Really good musician to say the least.
i just recently started listening to him, pretty awesome! lol
Old 01-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #6
Captain Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
i just saw that video the other day. He is so sick. You can't beat the 12 string guitar. Or is he playing an 11 string? either way haha

I like Ben Howard too, maybe not as good as John butler but still great. check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_fQh8Epslc
ya i think its funny he just took one string off
Old 01-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #7
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Name: Corbin
IronCladTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome playing, nasty fingernails
Old 01-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #8
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
In the tuning he was in it allows more control over the chord. Clever idea, he removed the entire tuning peg for that string for some reason.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=nY7Gn...%3DnY7GnAq6Znw

This is John Gomm, another virtuoso acoustic player. Very very good.

As for the fingernails, they have such a better tone than any nylon or plastic pick. Takes some discipline but the times I've done it I've enjoyed my tone far more.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #9
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Name: Corbin
IronCladTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
As for the fingernails, they have such a better tone than any nylon or plastic pick. Takes some discipline but the times I've done it I've enjoyed my tone far more.
I play too. I understand why they do it, Just don't have enough desire to justify having a nasty long thumbnail. Grow it out, clip it off, and file it into a pick! Haha
Old 01-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #10
Captain Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCladTRD View Post
I play too. I understand why they do it, Just don't have enough desire to justify having a nasty long thumbnail. Grow it out, clip it off, and file it into a pick! Haha
You said it brother lol Plus it just looks weird too haha
Old 03-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #11
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
That guy is pretty good. It is always nice to see someone playing that you can tell really likes what they do. And its something a little different not all the norm.

Ever heard these two. I also really like their sound. And they are pretty amazing.
I remember reading they where in a thrash metal band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imIuGxVy55M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENBX_v1Po1Y

A different spin on a great song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNc5o9TU0t0
Old 05-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #12
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
If you ever get a chance to see Tommy Emmanuel, go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lbvSBNLLoo
Old 05-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #13
guitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zach
guitarjamman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCladTRD View Post
Bringing the thread back! John Butler uses acryllic nails and glues them on, uses a file and shapes them down to his preferred style.

If you guys like that type of music, here is my all-time favorite to check out:
Trace Bundy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uprfvvMddGI

I have seen this guy live a few times and it is just astonishing. He is an extremely nice guy too, gave away all his song writing techniques!

And one more to soothe the wild beast inside:
Phil Keaggy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-pHF-raadU

If you ever get the chance to see Phil - please take it.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #14
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjamman View Post
And one more to soothe the wild beast inside:
Phil Keaggy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-pHF-raadU

If you ever get the chance to see Phil - please take it.
I remember seeing Phil Keaggy back in the 1980s when he debuted "The Wind And The Wheat." He did some eBow stuff live and it sounded symphonic. Amazing guitarist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3iSiij98VY
Old 05-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #15
WOOOOOOO!!!
Big Tea is a jewel in the roughBig Tea is a jewel in the roughBig Tea is a jewel in the rough

Big Tea's Tacoma Gallery
That's pretty incredible. I know I couldn't do it strictly from the fingernail standpoint, though I have always hated using a pick. Been more of a finger picker myself...

And this isn't guitars, but if you're an old fart like me and like the old Sergio Leone spaghetti westerns, you'll love this..

http://youtu.be/Ga_EP7RObKw
Old 05-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #18
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. Very cool.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:58 AM   #20
So Many Roads is on a distinguished road
So Many Roads's Tacoma Gallery
wow, the JB video is good stuff.

Jerry Joseph is a rockin singer/songwriter. check it out.

https://archive.org/details/jjj2013-06-20.mbho.flac24