Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Audiophiles...Good sounds

Old 03-21-2013, 01:12 AM   #21
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAckwardsDyl View Post
Phenominal song.. but doesn't rival Welcome to the Machine... Or any song on the album (Wish You Were Here (song and album!) of course being the absolute best of Pink Floyd) It is amazing to think that she (Clare Torry) thought she did horrible and apologized for that take!
I know right! god..so cool. Just..awesome. Im not super familiar with that album i will have to give it a listen

speaking of stories like that. Let me share this one. read this cool story/interview

Lisbeth Scott. A Studio musician in LA. You can stop after the second paragraph in the 3rd page. Then listen to the link ill post..soooo amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAckwardsDyl View Post
Wow... never thought i would see the day i would see them that cheap... no shit.. about a little over a year or so, those were sitting closer to the 1000 range! Looks like i will be bidding on some on ebay!!
I found some for 260 Buy it now! haha

NS10s..400
Old 03-21-2013, 01:40 AM   #23
Barbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Barbaro's Tacoma Gallery
What do you think about M-Audio BX5 D2's?
Got a set for Christmas and looking for a DAC...any suggestions?
on a mac
Old 03-21-2013, 02:21 AM   #24
The Red Bull
BassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Aviation Electronics Tech
Name: Dylan
BassAckwardsDyl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
I know right! god..so cool. Just..awesome. Im not super familiar with that album i will have to give it a listen

speaking of stories like that. Let me share this one. read this cool story/interview

Lisbeth Scott. A Studio musician in LA. You can stop after the second paragraph in the 3rd page. Then listen to the link ill post..soooo amazing

I found some for 260 Buy it now! haha

NS10s..400
What is the link? If you found what i am hoping you found, ill buy them. Everything i find is way more
Old 03-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #26
wareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brad
wareagle1's Tacoma Gallery
I've been enjoying the world of hi-fi for over a decade now. It all started with some Definitive Technology bp-2002s that I bought from a guy that was moving to California for retirement. He couldn't take them with him, so I got a great deal ($500). Had them hooked to a Denon 5.1 receiver at first, but they needed more power, so I bought a used NAD Powerdrive 2 channel amp off of ebay. Wow, I was hooked. Sold those off after the birth of our first child (the wife was worried that one of those monster towers would tip over) and picked up a complete 5.1 Energy Connoisseur system, with a Velodyne sub. I loved that set-up, but sold it for some stupid reason. Anyways, I went back to a 2.1 setup, now with KEF uni-q bookshelves and the velodyne sub.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #28
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
There is another audiophile thread around here... the more the merrier

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...bs-thread.html

I'm a huge headphone nut. Currently i've got a JDS labs ODAC feeding an RSA P-51 amp and Audio Technica ath-ad2000, Fostex t50rp (paradoxed by LFF on Head-fi.org) headphones For two channel I run Polk rti A3 speakers out of a Harmon Kardon 3490 amp. I've been exploring hi-fi since about 2004... now my truck eats all my money

My www.head-fi.org tag is mmayer167 if anyone is curious.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:49 AM   #33
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
Whenever we meetup i'll have whatever gear i have with me for you to have a listen
haha fair enough!

I use some some stuff from Headphoneroom.com. Based out of Bozeman. I have a small portable head phone amp and this cool little plug in part that bypasses the ipods shitty amp. Works soooo much better.

Then i just use my Sony HD7506s not the greatest headphone. But for the price..damn. I mix with them too.

Think some Sennhisser 650HDs are next for me.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #34
Shaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaunsquatch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shaun
Shaunsquatch's Tacoma Gallery
I never know what the words to a song are, I couldn't care less. I just like the music, cadence whatever. My wife likes songs based on lyrics and meaning and sometimes she will ask how I can like a song, and the honest truth is I have never listened to the words. Don't care at all.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #35
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Also if you aren't running foobar as your music player, take a look into it. Non nerds dont get why its better than itunes but its the shit.

I rockboxxed my ipod so i can play flac off of it too and i run an LOD like you are talking about to bypass the bad internal ipod amp and feed the line level output to my external amp.

those sony's are a great bang for the buck man! the sennheiser hd6xx are good if you dont need to listen in any loud areas or where ppl can hear your jamz cuz they are an open back design but you probly knew that.

When modded these are the best phones i have heard... http://www.head-fi.org/t/452404/just...0rps-today-wow

if you are patient you will end up with a headphone that beats out stuff at the 500-1k dollar mark. You'll know what i mean if you hear my pair.

I could go on forever about headphone stuff, just pm me if you want any other info...
Old 03-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #36
PutterClutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunsquatch View Post
I never know what the words to a song are, I couldn't care less. I just like the music, cadence whatever. My wife likes songs based on lyrics and meaning and sometimes she will ask how I can like a song, and the honest truth is I have never listened to the words. Don't care at all.
haha that is me too a lot of the times
Old 03-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #37
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
I mostly listen to hard rock, but the best recorded band I have heard is Dire Straits.

Their mixing is top notch, and their music is filled with dynamic sounds that really demonstrate what imaging is all about.

My home system is still growing, but I have some goodies. Marantz SR7005 receiver, Oppo BDP83 universal player, a Marantz CD player that has been converted into a Hart tube CD player, through some Vandersteen 1c's and a Velodyne sub.

Upstairs, I also have a pair of Sennheiser headphones that I listen to with a Mark III headphone tube amp and a Rega turntable powered by an Anthem Amp.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #39
wareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brad
wareagle1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunsquatch View Post
Same here. That's the reason I got so into Phish, esp. their Live albums. Endless jams that would meander all over the place and finally merge back into the song.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #40
PutterClutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
I'm thinking about starting a vinyl collection. Does anyone know about vinyl players and which one I should get? I'm looking for a modern one that is mid level to high end but not too expensive. So far I'm thinking about the Music Hall 2.2
Head-fi.org can also be a good resource for turntable research.

Nice gear t-fades! Agreed, dire straits (especially "brothers in arms") is a go to for good recording when testing new gear. Infected mushroom (bp empire album) is also addictive with a good setup... no i don't do mushrooms i just like the music.