LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Audiophiles...Good sounds

Old 05-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #162
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Dude!! Welcome!! and AWESOME contribuition! im an audio guy as in engineer..and that was sweet!

Power of music right there..so awesome. Very cool.
I'm not an audio engineer in any way, shape, or form, but I agree that its awesome.

If you can find it and have the ability to play it, check out Miles Davis' Kind of Blue album on SACD. Although, its fantastic no matter the type of media. I bet vinyl is pretty good for this album. I listen to all types of music (metal, all types of electronic, some country, some pop, alternative rock, classical, etc.) and this album is probably my favorite. I never get tired of it. I have a pair of B&W CM5s, a Marantz NR 1602 receiver, and a Sony Blu Ray player with SACD capability. It's somewhat of a small system in terms of audiophiles, but oh man. Playing Kind of Blue all the way through on my little system is quite the treat. I highly recommend checking out this album.

Fun fact about this album: they recorded it in two sessions; one session for each side of the album. Miles Davis didn't write a lot of the music for this album. In fact, no one did! A lot of it was improvised. He gave his musicians sketches and melodies but left everything else up to the musicians. I might be wrong, but I don't think they even rehearsed. And now, its the best selling jazz album of all time. Incredible!

EDIT: So I just looked it up and this is what Bill Evans, the pianist for Kind of Blue, had to say about the album. "Miles conceived these settings only hours before the recording dates and arrived with sketches which indicated to the group what was to be played. Therefore, you will hear something close to pure spontaneity in these performances. The group had never played these pieces prior to the recordings and I think without exception the first complete performance of each was a take."
Old 08-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #165
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Okay. Sorry guys, i let this die over summer cause i couldn't post links via my ipad.

BUT!

I did discover some great grooves and awesome mixed stuff.

Im going to start with Bruno Mar's new album. I must say this album is pretty good..but not amazing. Now i always buy albums cause i love finding the one or two "hidden" gold gems in the album intead of the top rated and played songs on it. Ironically..i think the top songs are the gold gems on this album. So not sure id recomend the full album.

But music time.

Song is Treasure: http://grooveshark.com/s/Treasure/4XzQ5i?src=5

I LOVE IT! old school almost. The way he is accenting the words is very old school jazz. And the bass is killer! Very good tune with a great mix of old school groove and modern mixed vocals.

Second from the album is his solo teenage girl tear jerker I know..bear with me.
Song title: When i was your man

You have to give it to Bruno..the man can SING. very impressive. Plus, i think its hilarious how he quotes himself musically!! SO FUNNY! Goes with the lyirics great..which mind you im not a big lyric guy but the correlation between these too songs is just funny to me. I mean, to quote yourself is just funny.

When i was your man:http://grooveshark.com/s/When+I+Was+...n/4XMRff?src=5

Song he is quote in the verses, It will Rain: http://grooveshark.com/s/It+Will+Rain/4jAeB6?src=5
Old 08-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #166
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
haha, good post man. And to keep it honest, i've always enjoyed Bruno for the groove and vocals. I'll have to give the new stuff a better listen. I'm so far behind on new stuff since I've been just sticking to my library.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #168
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
The clarity in this song is awesome. You can hear him take a breath in it. Sounds awesome through a nice set of Polk speakers.

http://youtu.be/n2Nd_lS9Kcs
Old 08-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #170
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Did I put that sound and vision link in here?! I can't find it but I'm sure I posted it somewhere....if you haven't seen it, I will find it. Unreal performance by beck.

Edit: found it

http://now.lincoln.com/2013/02/BECK-SAYS-HELLO-AGAIN/

Watch the linear edit first, that'll whet your appetite for the circular edit. Get your mind blown.
And I don't need to tell the folks in here that you should have at LEAST good headphones on. Won't make sense without stereo.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #172
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The story behind it is awesome. They did all that just for that one song haha. Built the place around the need. Imaginative to say the least.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #174
Purveyor of Fun

Dang it! Find the linear edit on YouTube, worth it.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #176
Purveyor of Fun

Save you some time.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QnOmrDz...%3DQnOmrDzRrGQ
Old 08-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #178
Purveyor of Fun

Haha the way I experiences it was linear first, which made me search and search for the real deal tip I found it. You watch the linear one and go 'Man I would have loved to be there!' Then you can actually be there in the circular one haha. It's worth it either way, I'm just stoked someone else will watch it lol.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #180
Purveyor of Fun

Aaaaaand?