Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Another great one taken way too soon

Old 05-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Another great one taken way too soon

CNN) -- Grammy-winning guitarist Jeff Hanneman, a founding member of the heavy metal band Slayer, died Thursday of liver failure in Southern California, the band said in a statement. He was 49.
"Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11 a.m. this morning near his Southern California home. Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure," the band said in a statement posted on its website and Facebook page.
Hanneman leaves behind his wife, Kathy, a sister and two brothers.
"He ... will be sorely missed," the band said.
The guitarist was with Slayer from its founding in 1981. Its breakthrough came five years later with the release of "Reign in Blood," an album that included two songs -- "Angel of Death" and "Raining Blood" -- co-written by Hanneman.
That was one of 10 studio albums that the band put out over three decades together, during which they performed thousands of shows.
On Slayer's official website, Hanneman said that the last one -- "World Painted Blood" -- came together quickly because the band's members worked seamlessly.
"The interaction between all of us on this record was really something special," he said. "... The chemistry was just good."
In 2006 and 2007, Slayer won Grammy awards for best metal performance.
The metal world -- in tweets from, among many others, the bands Rancid, Hatebreed, In Flames and Testament -- reacted to Hanneman's death with sadness and appreciation, referring to him as a "true heavy metal legend" and a "brother in thrash."
"Jeff Hanneman will always be a metal god," wrote rocker Andrew WK. "A true master, he gave energy and excitement to millions, and will continue to. #PartyForSlayer."
The news also spurred thousands of diehard fans to comment about Hanneman on Slayer's Facebook page.
Wrote one: "One of the best shredders ever to walk Earth. RIP, good sir."
Old 05-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
What's eerie about this is..this afternoon at work I was thinking about concerts this summer. I checked to see if Slayer had any dates upcoming and ended up looking for updates on Jeff's health. This article doesn't mention it, but he has had necrotizing fasciitis since 2011 (believed to be from a spider bite) and has not been able to play since. Recently it was looking like he was on a positive path and I was hoping to see him live once more. Didn't find anything recent on him..then I saw the first reports of his death later in the day.

Slayer has been a longtime favorite of mine. I had "Reign in Blood", considered by many as not only their best work but one of the best metal albums ever, back when it was the current album. I was 13 then and am still a huge fan of them all this time later. They got me through some tough times in life, both my younger years and more recently even.

RIP Jeff..won't be the same without you..
Old 05-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
what in the fuck???????
Old 05-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
oh my, damn, RIP Jeff
Old 05-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #6
Mikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
Mikehole's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully he is down there planning his takeover of hell.

Never got to see them, and to be honest, didn't even get into them until God Hates us All. My interest went backwards and now I own most of their albums. They were in town last year, but the wifey didn't want to go, and I didn't want to go alone.
(grumble)
Slayer, bitch.

I saw some pictures of the necrotizing fasciitis, and the cure looks worse than anything else. (It appeared to just cut all the infected and surrounding tissue out)
Here's an article from 2011 when he got the disease:
http://www.avclub.com/articles/updat...for-inc,51825/
Old 05-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #8
Banned
Stan's saying right now to himself "Welp, there goes the neighborhood"
Old 05-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #9
It burns when I pee....

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehole View Post
Hopefully he is down there planning his takeover of hell.

Never got to see them, and to be honest, didn't even get into them until God Hates us All. My interest went backwards and now I own most of their albums. They were in town last year, but the wifey didn't want to go, and I didn't want to go alone.
(grumble)
Slayer, bitch.

I saw some pictures of the necrotizing fasciitis, and the cure looks worse than anything else. (It appeared to just cut all the infected and surrounding tissue out)
Here's an article from 2011 when he got the disease:
http://www.avclub.com/articles/updat...for-inc,51825/
Next time they come around, go at all costs. I have seen them 10-11 times in my life and will always try to get to them..never gets old.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #10
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
Next time they come around, go at all costs. I have seen them 10-11 times in my life and will always try to get to them..never gets old.
Wouldn't quite be the same dude, maybe if Alex Skolnick played with them, that would be bitchin for sure, but really, how the hell do you replace Jeff?????
Old 05-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #11
It burns when I pee....

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Wouldn't quite be the same dude, maybe if Alex Skolnick played with them, that would be bitchin for sure, but really, how the hell do you replace Jeff?????
I saw them last summer, and yes it's not quite the same but they are still incredible live..
Old 05-03-2013, 05:32 AM   #12
Allow myself to introduce myself...
Whataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhataboutbob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Whataboutbob's Tacoma Gallery
RIP Jeff
Old 05-03-2013, 05:34 AM   #13
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Liver failed, rest in peace old chap.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:34 AM   #14
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. Just WOW!!
RIP man. My fav guitarist ever.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #16
Mikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant futureMikehole has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
Mikehole's Tacoma Gallery
Do a youtube search for "slayer church angel of death" and you will not be disappointed.
I'm too lazy to look up how to embed videos.... so sorry for making you do your own search?
Old 05-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #17
It burns when I pee....

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehole View Post
Do a youtube search for "slayer church angel of death" and you will not be disappointed.
I'm too lazy to look up how to embed videos.... so sorry for making you do your own search?
On Youtube click the "share" button below the vid. Copy that link. Paste it here It will take a couple of minutes for the whole thing to show here but it will.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #18
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
How ironic that "the Possum" and the Jeff Hanneman pass away in the same week?
Old 05-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #19
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
We have lost one talented person who made some of the most intense music out there. RIP good Sir. Thanks for the most pits!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #20
Banned
I'm still in shock, it's like losing your favorite uncle, like when Dimebag was killed, or SRV, or Kinison, Pryor, it will be like when Clint finally dies, like the world isn't really the same anymore