Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Favorite Punk Band

Old 05-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #41
jaws revenge has much to be proud ofjaws revenge has much to be proud ofjaws revenge has much to be proud ofjaws revenge has much to be proud ofjaws revenge has much to be proud ofjaws revenge has much to be proud ofjaws revenge has much to be proud ofjaws revenge has much to be proud ofjaws revenge has much to be proud of
jaws revenge's Tacoma Gallery
my fav band is the cramps, although not punk. and i have seen them live, to date myself. then a lot of psychobilly such as demented are go, ASF, tall boys. also have been to the club foot in the UK.
i saw PiL at the town and country club in the UK.
have been to CBGB's and the 9:30 club.
also like british bands such as GBH, exploited, sex pistols
Old 05-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #42
#Pop_An_IceBerg
V5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: V5ioV
V5ioV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaws revenge View Post
my fav band is the cramps, although not punk. and i have seen them live, to date myself. then a lot of psychobilly such as demented are go, ASF, tall boys. also have been to the club foot in the UK.
i saw PiL at the town and country club in the UK.
have been to CBGB's and the 9:30 club.
also like british bands such as GBH, exploited, sex pistols
deep!!! +1
Old 05-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #44
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
twofer: I love living in the city and let's have a war.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQKkV3Fie5c
Old 05-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #45
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Big Wig.

I noticed some other good ones in here too.

like mxpx, nofx, and thrice.

also like Rise Against and slick shoes.

and you gotta have love for Hot Water Music!
Old 05-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #46
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Canadiana

http://youtu.be/m38EdJeM6dU
Old 06-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #47
Remember Your ABC's. Always. Be. Cool.
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Brandon
Bsheriff11's Tacoma Gallery
Currently listening to The Flatliners, Gallows, NOFX, Off With Their Heads, Social D, and Alk3
Old 06-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #48
mr2snob is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
mr2snob's Tacoma Gallery
Listening to Bad Religion "True North" currently. Misfits (Danzig and Graves versions) and Ramones are also both good too.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #49
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if I saw the decedents metioned?!

nice to see fellow TW'ers have a decent taste in punk, yes to all the above!!!!!!! minus all the metal core, Christian metal screamy bullshit. Circle pits not spin kicks!!!!!!!!

my roots are with punk but my true love lies with posi/youthcrew/melodic hardcore

ive been on a Nardcore kick lately

Stalag 13
Agression
Retaliate
In control
MIA
I'll repute ect.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #50
mannymoose is on a distinguished road
mannymoose's Tacoma Gallery
R.K.L.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfrngGUr_j8
Old 06-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mp-yhaI9q0
Old 06-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0he_GhI9nkE

end thread/
Old 06-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #53
Triad Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Daren
Triad Taco's Tacoma Gallery
This is a hard question to answer because I have so many favorites from old to new. All time favorite would tie between the Misfits and Operation Ivy but I'm an Ian Mackaye fan too. As far as new music I really like La Dispute.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #54
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triad Taco View Post
This is a hard question to answer because I have so many favorites from old to new. All time favorite would tie between the Misfits and Operation Ivy but I'm an Ian Mackaye fan too. As far as new music I really like La Dispute.

if you like la dispute and want something similar but a little harder check out Defeater or Touché amore.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #56
Remember Your ABC's. Always. Be. Cool.
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Brandon
Bsheriff11's Tacoma Gallery
^ yes to the refused! Punk has been a dying breed for a while now, not a lot of new true punk other than bands like bad religion, nofx, swingin utters, face to face.... That have been playing for 15+ years. There are some new undergrounds for this genre being paved and I like what fat wreck chords has been putting out the last 3 years.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #57
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
I've been listening to Wire and Bad Brains on the daily commute lately.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #59
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
AFI. (Pre Art of Drowning. Pre Davey havok nancy-boy transformation...)

This AFI:

Not this AFI:

Rancid:

Obviously, Bad Religion

Pennywise (Up until about 2001-2002 Land Of the Free album)

Good Riddance:

Honorable Mention:
ST, Social D, Strung Out, Straight Faced, NOFX, Guttermouth, Lagwagon, mxpx (pre christ) The Offsping, Suicide Machines, Unwritten Law, No Use, ... and about a million more good ol pit bashing punk bands!

Great thread btw! Definitely going to go crank up some good punk and rock out for a bit now! I wonder if there's a good show down at The Phoenix in Petaluma tonight?

Chime in if you've ever been in the pit at the Phoenix! Sooo many good shows there back in the day!
Old 06-19-2013, 04:30 AM   #60
Triad Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Daren
Triad Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Less than Jake (pezcore era)