Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

What are your desert island discs?

Old 10-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #21
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
Black Flag..Live '84

Slayer..Reign in Blood

Metallica..Ride the Lightning

Flag b/c it's a live album with Henry Rollins and they hit all the real good stuff they did with him (and some before, such as Nervous Breakdown).

Slayer b/c I had it when it was the current album. Nearly 30 year fan of them, and one of the best metal albums of all time..even though it doesn't have my favorite song by them on it.

Metallica b/c it is the first metal tape I ever bought, when it was the current one. Also the first show I went to on the Damaged Justice Tour in 1989
Live '84 was an awesome album start to finish.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:03 AM   #22
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germ View Post
Live '84 was an awesome album start to finish.
That was the 3rd one of theirs I bought. Damaged, then My War, then this. That made me want to get the rest of their stuff so much more..to this day the version of Nervous Breakdown on there is one of my fave songs of all.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:07 PM   #23
Dragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Dragons Taco's Tacoma Gallery
What are your desert island discs?

1. Dark side of the moon. Because
2. Fly by Night (Rush) Because
3. 90125 (Yes) Because

Their freakin awesome.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #24
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Fair enough. To be honest this question is an impossibility for me as well. Any three albums repetitively would likely drive any person nuts I just thought it was a fun premise.
Don't get me wrong... it's entertaining to see all the responses.

And yeah, it would get repetitive, that's why I went with the four albums that shaped my life from my first memories of listening to music.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:14 AM   #25
Dragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^ this
Old 11-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #26
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Thread is kinda dead, but Hmm...
  • The Situation, by Duburbia
  • Johnny Horton's Greatest Hits
  • Crime of the Century, by Supertramp
Old 11-27-2013, 01:59 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
Thread is kinda dead, but Hmm...
  • The Situation, by Duburbia
  • Johnny Horton's Greatest Hits
  • Crime of the Century, by Supertramp
Nice
Old 11-27-2013, 02:45 AM   #28
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm curious to hear what everybody considers their "desert island discs". Which three albums would you choose to bring with if you were to be marooned on a desert island? I'll start.

Quadrophenia - The Who
Rubber Soul - The Beatles
Violent Femmes - Violent Femmes
Nice!
Old 11-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #29
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
archies greatest hits-the archies

best of the cowsills-the cowsills

herman's hermits-herman's hermits
Old 11-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #30
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
This is way to Hard to pick but I'd have to choose different genres
War elephant- deer tick
Viva terlingua- jerry Jeff walker
Overnight sensation- frank zappa
Old 04-16-2014, 06:10 PM   #31
Nowhereman04 will become famous soon enough

Name: Chris
Nowhereman04's Tacoma Gallery
I have many many Desert Island albums, but here are a few:

Metallica: ...And Justice For All; The Marshall Tucker Band: Stompin' Room Only (Live); Rush: Power Windows; Candlebox: Self titled; Led Zeppelin: entire catalog