LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

What are your desert island discs?

Old 10-26-2013, 11:31 PM   #1
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
What are your desert island discs?

I'm curious to hear what everybody considers their "desert island discs". Which three albums would you choose to bring with if you were to be marooned on a desert island? I'll start.

Quadrophenia - The Who
Rubber Soul - The Beatles
Violent Femmes - Violent Femmes
Old 10-26-2013, 11:38 PM   #2
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Sepultura ~ Arise

White Zombie ~ La Sexocisto , Devil's Music Vol. 1

Metallica ~ Ride the Lightning
Old 10-26-2013, 11:47 PM   #3
except for God, I answer to no one
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
My own CD's customized by me.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:52 PM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
My ipod
Pretty much
Old 10-26-2013, 11:55 PM   #5
Pirate
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
pandora
Old 10-26-2013, 11:55 PM   #6
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Pretty much
Nope, the CD's that i put my favorite songs on, i keep them in my truck for when i don't feel like listening to the radio or hooking up my phone.
They're mainly songs that weren't released to radio.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:55 PM   #7
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My own CD's customized by me.
Come on think a little. Let's assume the local island inhabitants would poke your eyes out and cook you in a pot Bugs Bunny style for bringing burned CD's. Which albums would you choose?
Old 10-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #8

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
pandora
no interwebs
Old 10-26-2013, 11:59 PM   #9

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germ View Post
Come on think a little. Let's assume the local island inhabitants would poke your eyes out and cook you in a pot Bugs Bunny style for bringing burned CD's. Which albums would you choose?
Dierks Bentley - Home
Various Artist- Alabama and friends
And Jason Aldean- My kinda party
Old 10-27-2013, 12:18 AM   #10
Pirate
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germ View Post
no interwebs
what do you mean no interwebs? One cannot survive without food, water, sleep or interwebs.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:31 AM   #11
BRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
BRUIN8124's Tacoma Gallery
Nirvana - Nevermind
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Rancid - ...and Out Come the Wolves

Kind of random... Tough choice!
I have many memories tied to these albums.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #12
BRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
BRUIN8124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sepultura ~ Arise

Excellent choices!
Old 10-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #13

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
what do you mean no interwebs? One cannot survive without food, water, sleep or interwebs.
Along long time ago, just after dirt was invented and just before the extinction of dinosaurs, I've read that people did indeed live without the interwebs.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:13 AM   #14
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
All I do is listen to music all day. This is an impossible question for me. But I'll have to go with the first albums my Dad gave me when I was a kid with a record player and headphones on my bed's head board. Would fall asleep listening to these four on a nightly, and rotational basis.

Voices of East Harlem - Right On Be Free

James Brown - Live at the Apollo '67

Persuasions - Chirpin'

Ray Charles - Live at Newport '58
Old 10-27-2013, 07:27 AM   #15
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Boston - Greatest Hits
Alan Jackson - The Greatest Hits Collection
Garth Brooks - Double Live
Old 10-27-2013, 12:56 PM   #16

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
All I do is listen to music all day. This is an impossible question for me. But I'll have to go with the first albums my Dad gave me when I was a kid with a record player and headphones on my bed's head board. Would fall asleep listening to these four on a nightly, and rotational basis.

Voices of East Harlem - Right On Be Free

James Brown - Live at the Apollo '67

Persuasions - Chirpin'

Ray Charles - Live at Newport '58
Fair enough. To be honest this question is an impossibility for me as well. Any three albums repetitively would likely drive any person nuts I just thought it was a fun premise.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #17
TheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud of
TheCookieMonster's Tacoma Gallery
http://youtu.be/K6LA7v1PApU what else?
Old 10-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope, the CD's that i put my favorite songs on, i keep them in my truck for when i don't feel like listening to the radio or hooking up my phone.
They're mainly songs that weren't released to radio.
CD's were passe before you were born , try to keep up
Old 10-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #19
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Black Flag..Live '84

Slayer..Reign in Blood

Metallica..Ride the Lightning

Flag b/c it's a live album with Henry Rollins and they hit all the real good stuff they did with him (and some before, such as Nervous Breakdown).

Slayer b/c I had it when it was the current album. Nearly 30 year fan of them, and one of the best metal albums of all time..even though it doesn't have my favorite song by them on it.

Metallica b/c it is the first metal tape I ever bought, when it was the current one. Also the first show I went to on the Damaged Justice Tour in 1989
Old 10-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #20
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sepultura ~ Arise

Really hard for me to leave Zombie out of my 3..I think either La Sexorcisto or Hellbilly Deluxe would have made it for sure if it was top 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUIN8124 View Post
Nirvana - Nevermind
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Rancid - ...and Out Come the Wolves

Kind of random... Tough choice!
I have many memories tied to these albums.
Nevermind doesn't hold up for me like the other 2, but another solid 3. If I were to go with something from the grunge era it would have to be Alice in Chains..probably the Tripod album.