Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Any Bluegrass/Old Time fans here?

Old 10-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
Lespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Lespaulkid01's Tacoma Gallery

Or am I alone?
Old 11-01-2013, 03:05 AM   #2
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lespaulkid01 View Post
Or am I alone?

I don't listen to it regularly but I enjoy it when I hear it. I have had a few cd's over the years.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #5
Yotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connal
Yotabilly's Tacoma Gallery

I like Bluegrass a lot, was raised on it. I'm 35, but have liked it ever since I can remember. I don't like a lot of it, but what I like, I really like. Lately I've been on a Larry Sparks kick.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:04 AM   #6
miniceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cook, 589th Combat Engineers, Ahn Khe, RVN
Name: Jim
miniceptor86's Tacoma Gallery
Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys, Blue Sage just a couple of my old time favorites.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #7
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Not my first genre of choice but I've grown to really love the musicianship after befriending someone who plays mandolin in a bluegrass band.

I like the old stuff a lot more like Lefty Frizell, Bill Monroe, Original Hank, Flatt and Scruggs, etc..

And I have seen Hayseed Dixie in concert a few times.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #8
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Bela Fleck, missed steve martin last time he was here.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #9
Lespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Not my first genre of choice but I've grown to really love the musicianship after befriending someone who plays mandolin in a bluegrass band.

I like the old stuff a lot more like Lefty Frizell, Bill Monroe, Original Hank, Flatt and Scruggs, etc..

And I have seen Hayseed Dixie in concert a few times.
Yea, I understand what you mean. I was never a huge fan but got turned onto it a few years ago and now a few friends and I are in a jam band (I play guitar). Right now I'm big into the "newgrass" stuff like Alison Krauss & Union Station and Old Crow Medicine Show, but I'm a huge fan of the early stuff too like Flatt & Scruggs and The stanley brothers & the clinch mountain boys. The Bluegrass Album Band is pretty awesome too. Great band with some big names like Tony Rice and JD Crowe.

I've started listening to more of the folk side of it too and am starting to become a pretty big Norman Blake fan.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Bela Fleck, missed steve martin last time he was here.
Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers AND The stanley brothers played at my school last semester and I was stuck studying for a test both times. It was very sad.

NGDB is pretty awesome though. I have their original Will The Circle Be Unbroken album and it's great everytime I listen. Fleck is a little too.. strange for my taste. haha I don't know how to describe it. Just not a big fan of his contemporary/jazz influence into the banjo.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #11
Nathan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNathan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNathan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNathan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNathan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNathan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNathan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNathan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNathan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNathan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNathan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nathan
Nathan's Tacoma Gallery
I really like Pokey LaFarge/Old Time stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft0MeumLD58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOHSOEiBdv8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzCQDYE6AEY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBxdqz7zFSY

I enjoy occasional bluegrass but don't listen to it as much
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2_6irdJVuo
Old 11-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #13
dafloydboy will become famous soon enough

Name: M.L. Evans
dafloydboy's Tacoma Gallery
I just today ordered 2 hazel dickens cd's and 1 louvin brothers cd, I cant wait till they get here. I love the old time stuff and im still finding good bluegrass to listen to.