Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

music storage

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2014, 03:31 AM   #21
Lastplace will become famous soon enough
Lastplace's Tacoma Gallery
iPhone 5 filled here. When looking at head units I could not understand why some have rear USB ports. I now get it, 160 gb iPod left in the glove box makes sense. I prefer the quality of AIFF which takes up more space.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:04 AM   #22
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastplace View Post
iPhone 5 filled here. When looking at head units I could not understand why some have rear USB ports. I now get it, 160 gb iPod left in the glove box makes sense. I prefer the quality of AIFF which takes up more space.
Wracking my brain here and can't figure out what AIFF means..?? But ya, I'll deffinitely be making use of a USB input in one form or another and I inositol that it be rear so that I can wore it to wherever I want in the truck. Not I Longwood do I think the front USB/aux inputs are ugly but they also pose too much of a risk to break
Old 01-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #23
NRA Endowment - Member
mwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwc273's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Wracking my brain here and can't figure out what AIFF means..?? But ya, I'll deffinitely be making use of a USB input in one form or another and I inositol that it be rear so that I can wore it to wherever I want in the truck. Not I Longwood do I think the front USB/aux inputs are ugly but they also pose too much of a risk to break
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_I...ge_File_Format
Old 01-10-2014, 05:57 PM   #24
DougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Doug
DougDeBonet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwc273 View Post
If you tag your tracks properly, you can search by song name, album name, artist name, whatever...

The problem with the big stick is that the processor in the Entune head unit is slooooooow... It takes a few minutes to index that many tracks, and even when indexed, the [ABC] [DEF] [GHI] search interface is difficult to navigate. It would be nice if in a future update, they would let you choose [ABC] then sub-choose [A] or [B] or [C], because if you have 5000 tracks in [ABC], and you scroll through them 10 at a time, it can be a real pain to find the [B] track you are looking for...

What about multiple memory sticks or iPods categorized by genre or (abc) (def) and so forth?
Old 01-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #25
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
ahhhh gotcha.. ya, won't lie, didn't know that much about my music but I guess that's what I run in sense I'm using OSX and iTunes..
Old 01-10-2014, 06:02 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDeBonet View Post
What about multiple memory sticks or iPods categorized by genre or (abc) (def) and so forth?
this sounds ok at first but consider there's 26 letters in the alphabet, divide the music up so that each stick only has [ABC], [DEF], [HIJ] and so one and you'd have to carry, keep up with and organize, 9 usb's! no tot mention having to look through the pile to find the one you want for the song you want.. while drivin, no thanks!
Old 01-10-2014, 06:04 PM   #27
DougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Label them... Keep them in order, lol not that hard, or like I said categorize by genre.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:06 PM   #28

Quote:
Label them... Keep them in order, lol not that hard, or like I said categorize by genre.
ya sure labeling them but you'd still have to be looking through the pile while driving which defeats the whole purpose here...
Old 01-10-2014, 06:08 PM   #29

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
ya sure labeling them but you'd still have to be looking through the pile while driving which defeats the whole purpose here...

Not if you organize them so they're easy to find, definitely easier than flipping through CD's or searching through each letter on the head unit while driving, which is essentially the same thing
Old 01-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #30

Quote:
Not if you organize them so they're easy to find, definitely easier than flipping through CD's or searching through each letter on the head unit while driving, which is essentially the same thing
i guess.. except that searching the head unit can often be done using the steering wheel controls and/or voice control (with the right setup).. idk, I guess it's just personal preference but I want just 1 thing that I can load my music onto for the truck
Old 01-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #31

Law Enforcement:
music storage

Gotcha one thing, what about a SSD
Old 01-10-2014, 06:41 PM   #32

what is it with people and initials...??? I feel like I should know this one but still...??
Old 01-10-2014, 07:30 PM   #33

Law Enforcement:
Hahaha sorry solid state drive
Old 01-22-2014, 07:37 PM   #34
TuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuffRuffDangerous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TuffRuffDangerous's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No... I started collecting back in the mid 90s, when I ripped my CD collection (of around 1500 CDs) into .mp3s. Traded in the CDs for more CDs at Everybodys Records, ripped them, traded them, ripped some more, etc, etc for the last 20 years... Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm...
You should also check out your local library. Most libraries nowadays have CDs you can borrow just like books. Or if you don't want to bring them home just bring your laptop in the library and rip the CDs there.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #35
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Old thread, I know.

But if you have your music stored in an iTunes library you can pay the $25 a year for iTunes Match and they'll upload your library to the cloud (they literally just match your song to the same song they have in their library and you use that. If they can't find your song, they'll upload yours to the cloud. 25,000 song allotment).

From there you can stream it to your iPhone and listen to your library as if it resides on your iPhone. But there is no storage of files on your phone.

Then, if you have a bluetooth compatible head unit, you can stream your music to the truck stereo.

This is, of course, all dependent upon having reception so you can stream to your phone.

Products Discussed in this Thread