Old 03-03-2014, 10:08 AM   #41
FatTony415 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tony
FatTony415's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit196 View Post
Mastodon
X1 on that.

Also, High On Fire, Electric Wizard and Weedeater.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:07 PM   #42
tasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtasnowma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
tasnowma's Tacoma Gallery
I can only name a few that I like that won't hurt your head ( I can only assume) and/or isn't complete cheese radio.

Deftones- (been around awhile I know) their newest album Koi No Yokan is powerful and beautiful. Great for night time highway drives.
Muse- Utter musicianship. Groovy, heavy, elegant and catchy.
Foo Fighters- Dave Grohl knows how to write hit songs no doubt. They are one of the few bands that come to mind when I think of current, in the light, rockstars.
Anberlin- Good all around talent and catchy. I compare them to a current Boston type band.
Coheed & Cambria- Will always have a place in my heart from high school days. Still very current.
Dredg.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:16 PM   #43
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Stone Sour is nice. It's slipknot's lead singer Corey Taylor's side project while slipknot is om the back burner.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:47 PM   #44
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
Stone Sour is nice. It's slipknot's lead singer Corey Taylor's side project while slipknot is om the back burner.
Stone sour is excellent, and if you ever get a chance to see them live DO IT
Old 03-15-2014, 03:58 AM   #45
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 tacoma owner View Post
Caliban
Volbeat
Parkway Drive
Lamb of God
Breakdown of Sanity
All That Remains
Volumes
Trivium
A Day To Remember
Fuck Yes! Some killer, killer stuff right there. They'll be in town next month, definitely plan on catching that show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLoDiIijO1k
Old 03-25-2014, 02:40 PM   #46
Señor Member
shipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TRunner View Post
Fuck Yes! Some killer, killer stuff right there. They'll be in town next month, definitely plan on catching that show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLoDiIijO1k
Fucking love Volumes!!
Old 03-25-2014, 02:48 PM   #47
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxbrry View Post
I need to add to my playlist on my phone. Give me suggestions on some good rock bands to check out. Here's what I currently listen to while I work out:

Avenge Sevenfold
Volbeat
Chevelle
Breaking Benjamin
Godsmack
Kings of Leon
Fukkn love Godsmack, seen them over 40 times..I followed them around Boston before even local radio played them.

Children of Bodom (the song Blooddrunk is one of my faves)
Black Label Society
Korn
DevilDriver
Old 03-25-2014, 03:00 PM   #49
Señor Member
shipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
Here are a few newer (and older) "Metalesque" bands that I am really in to:

Russian Circles
Pelican
Baroness
These Arms are Snakes
Rosetta
Irepress
Mogwai
Mouth of the Architect
Deafheaven
FAT32
Cleric
Atomic Ape
Kylesa
Explosions in the Sky
GYBE!
A Storm of Light
Animals as Leaders

Pelican, EITS, & AAL <3 <3 <3

Instrumental badassness

Heard of some of the others but have to check them out.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:06 PM   #50
jfwalsh is on a distinguished road

jfwalsh's Tacoma Gallery
I second Mastodon.

I guess I fifth Dethklok.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:37 PM   #51
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Russian Circles
Pelican
Baroness
These Arms are Snakes
Rosetta
Irepress
Mogwai
Mouth of the Architect
Deafheaven
FAT32*
Cleric*
Atomic Ape*
Orange Tulip Conspiracy*
Secret Chiefs 3*
Matt Chamberlain*
Faxed Head*
Kylesa
Explosions in the Sky
GYBE! (Godspeed You Black Emperor!)
A Storm of Light
Animals as Leaders
The Grey Daturas
Red Sparowes
If These Trees Could Talk
Collapse Under the Empire
ASVA
Mono
Grails
Miasma and the Carousel of Headless Horses*
TUSK
Thrones
Luddite Clone
ISIS
Boris
Girth*
Prelapse*
Estradasphere*
Mr. Bungle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipps View Post
Pelican, EITS, & AAL <3 <3 <3

Instrumental badassness

Heard of some of the others but have to check them out.
- If you like InstruMetal, def check the ones I bolded, plus there were a few I forgot to add to the list.

- The ones in Italics are not instrumental, but some of my favorites.

- The ones with an *Asterisk* are a little more "out there", and are definitely not for everyone (but I like weird shit).

Check 'em out - it's hard to find good music nowadays, but it's worth it when you find new stuff that you love!
Old 03-25-2014, 04:44 PM   #52
Señor Member

shipps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
- If you like InstruMetal, def check the ones I bolded, plus there were a few I forgot to add to the list.

- The ones in Italics are not instrumental, but some of my favorites.

- The ones with an *Asterisk* are a little more "out there", and are definitely not for everyone (but I like weird shit).

Check 'em out - it's hard to find good music nowadays, but it's worth it when you find new stuff that you love!
^^^aint that the truth! it's not everyday i come across legitimately good music so it's nice finding those hidden gems! I will most certainly be checking out all those bands!
Old 05-07-2014, 05:29 PM   #54
JackDaRiffer is on a distinguished road
Name: John
JackDaRiffer's Tacoma Gallery
Red Dragon Cartel
Nevermore
Rob Zombie