Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Jeff Beck-Who Else?

Old 03-31-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
Robnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Robnik's Tacoma Gallery
Jeff Beck-Who Else?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ndyILodYwM

Old 03-31-2014, 04:46 PM   #2
Vorra65 is on a distinguished road

Vorra65's Tacoma Gallery
Haha, we like that shit cause were old and we still remember guys like Beck, Allman, Betts and the other greats from that era- turn that shit up and rattle the dishes.

You gotta like Joe Bonamasa-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SMjL5u5D40
Old 03-31-2014, 05:11 PM   #3
Vorra65 is on a distinguished road

Vorra65's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, I so forgot Stevie-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grBmQwLSlDw
Old 03-31-2014, 06:06 PM   #4
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robnik View Post
Why have I loved this guy's guitar playing for 35 years?
Nevermind, I know why:
One reason to continue, is his bassist Tal Wilkenfeld!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 06:15 PM   #5
bucktales has a spectacular aura aboutbucktales has a spectacular aura about

bucktales's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9OJB_AEePQ
Old 03-31-2014, 06:22 PM   #6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g3REs6YkbE
Old 03-31-2014, 07:13 PM   #7
Damaged Goods
CVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
CVYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why have I loved this guy's guitar playing for 35 years?
Nevermind, I know why:
+1

I still have my Wired and Blow by Blow albums.
I never liked Rod Stewart, so I cant listen to those songs.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:47 PM   #8
Taco turned Burrito
DelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Supervisor
DelRioTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks guys for the replys!
I leave you with this till next time:
Nice one! He is an amazing drummer. Here's my favorite drummer in action. He was 62 when this video was shot! If I'm in half as good condition when I hit 62 I'll be thrilled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=PQssthhy0vk
Old 04-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #10
Taco turned Burrito
DelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Awesome "Cornholio"! I like the ride/crash cymbal action. I forgot all about Carl after Asia.
Here's my favorite drummer of all time (of course):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n33OYxqrGPI
I saw the Time Machine Tour in San Antonio! I will correct my previous post and say that Neil is my all around favorite drummer and Carl is my favorite soloist by a slim margin over Neil. I saw the Clockwork Angels Tour opener in Austin last year too, and had a great view of Neil from about 10 rows back from the corner of the stage.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:21 PM   #12
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Drummers: Bonham, Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, etc. One of the more underrated ones is Terry Bozzio. Here's a great solo. It really kicks in at 2:41

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPgRMCHI4-E

Guitarists: The obvious as well as the aforementioned. But one of my all time favorites who typically gets overlooked is Danny Gatton. This live version of Opus De Funk will melt your face:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzXlfoSTYEE
Old 04-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #13

Terry Bozzio is one of my favorite drummers.
I saw him and Zappa a few times many years back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTSBR7eHL_I
Old 04-28-2014, 07:06 PM   #14
Taco turned Burrito

Dude, that bass is crazy! Are those octave strings like a 12 string guitar?
Old 04-29-2014, 08:53 PM   #15
Taco turned Burrito

Those are some wild basses! I was looking at 7 string guitars recently, but they all seem to have a crazy long neck scale. I like the Gibson-style short (24.75") scale, so I'll be sticking with the plain old 6. Here's the newest addition to my collection. ESP Edwards (sold only in Japan) with 24.75" neck scale, Seymour Duncans, and genuine Floyd Rose. Plays like a beast-27 frets! Cost a chunk of $ to import it, but well worth it!
Old 04-30-2014, 08:45 PM   #16
Taco turned Burrito

Quote:
^Nice! Very nice, indeed! Flamed maple top, correct?

I've been thinking about getting one similar to this:

About $1,000. Pretty good for a neck through, made in USA.
Yep, flamed maple top with alder body. Not the fancy AAA flamed maple like you get on a $4000 Gibson, but pretty nice. Its one hell of a guitar for $900 plus shipping from Japan. It still came in well under the $1250 MSRP shipped. I haven't had a Floyd Rose trem system in a long time. I keep thinking the strings are buzzing playing it unplugged, and then I realize that its just the tone of the metal nut. The Japanese build quality is amazing!

That Carvin looks sweet. I generally prefer set necks, but my new ESP is bolt-on. My other electrics are Gibson SG variants (custom built USA SG Standard and early South Korean built Epiphone G-400). I prefer USA made, but Japan can crank out some high quality products! I won't touch anything Chinese made.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:19 PM   #17
Taco turned Burrito

Quote:
Here's a video of my friend Michael with his 29 fret "Rocket" guitar:
Gotta love that friggin' hair!
I've watched so many videos of Michael Angelo Batio and he never ceases to amaze me! I've tried to force myself to use his picking style, but it just seems so stiff and I can't do it. I'm an old-school pentatonic blues rock player, but I'm really working on learning some shred metal styles to improve my playing.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:27 PM   #18
Taco turned Burrito

Quote:
Bye guys!
Why are you leaving? I noticed your pics are all gone. Sold the truck?
Old 11-07-2014, 02:17 PM   #19
Robnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Robnik's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86hRO3s-BbA
Old 11-07-2014, 02:21 PM   #20
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Yea mang, gotta love Jeff Beck and SRV. Can't forget Joe Satriani either!