Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Headphones..what do you like?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2014, 07:37 AM   #1
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Headphones..what do you like?

My headphones are starting to croak I think..don't wanna spend more than 50 if I can help it. What do you all think of the Skullcandy?

I want the large kind the fit over my ear, so buds are out. Ideally one I can replace the cable on if needed.

These are for my work so I will use them a lot..
Old 04-22-2014, 07:49 AM   #2
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
I got a pair of skull candy headphones for Christmas a few years ago. They were the kind that fit over your ears. First problem was that the padding that touches your head started cracking, making it look like I had dandruff. Second, the hard plastic part that goes over your head cracked in half, making them not fit right and causing the right headphone not to work. Skullcandy sucks, IMO.

I just stick with my generic iPhone earbuds, which I see you do not want. I'm not going to go waste money on BeatsbyDre or Bose when I can just stick with my free ones, but if you're going to be using some a lot, I'd be sure to get some that are dependable, which Skullcandy is not!
Old 04-22-2014, 07:52 AM   #3
Live Fast, Die Young
superwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superwhite10's Tacoma Gallery
i have a pair of skullcandy headphones that cover the ears, had em for prob 5 years now. I would say they are good for the price. If I had to get another set i would probally replace them with the same, I cant justify spending the kind of money on say a pair of Beats. I can't wear ear buds either, downfall of having cauliflower ear.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:53 AM   #4
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

These have a lifetime warranty, 4 and a half stars on Amazon, and are less that $40:

http://www.amazon.com/Koss-PortaPro-...I13OX14SRWQFKI
Old 04-22-2014, 07:55 AM   #5
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
I got some sennheiser over the ears a few years ago. They weren't bad for the price but had no bass. They also didn't have a removable cable. Now I use SOL Republic Tracks HD and they are awesome. A bit out the price range you want but I thought I would throw those out there. I've had them for about 3 years now and the cable just started going bad but since the cable is replaceable I'll just pick a new one up.

My friend has had the Skullcandy Hesh for a 3 years now and I have tried them but I still didn't think they had enough bass. I don't listen to music with a lot of bass but I still prefer to have a wider range. That probably has to do with the near $50 price range though.

Hope that helps a bit.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:30 AM   #6
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
My headphones are starting to croak I think..don't wanna spend more than 50 if I can help it. What do you all think of the Skullcandy?

I want the large kind the fit over my ear, so buds are out. Ideally one I can replace the cable on if needed.

These are for my work so I will use them a lot..
groupon has buds/phones quite a bit. I have googled these same pairs they are supposedly giving you a 50% discount on at amazon or similar and found the prices to be about the same. I think there is tremendous mark up on these things. I think the iphone buds sound pretty good but they won't stay in my ears without wearing a tobaggon. I think bose sounds superior but pretty pricey.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:36 AM   #7

And BeatsbyDre just makes you look like a tool lol

I'd love a set of Bose headphones, but refuse to pay lol! I have a friend with the Bose portable iPhone dock; we take it to the beach and it's like being at a live concert...their products are insanely great, but insanely expensive, as well
Old 04-22-2014, 08:43 AM   #9
fuballs has a spectacular aura aboutfuballs has a spectacular aura about
Name: Ben
fuballs's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a pair of Urbanears Plattan headphones. I am really really impressed with them for the dollar amount. They even have an aux out so your girlfriend can plug into your headphones to watch a movie or something, no negative affects. https://www.urbanears.com/headphones/
I had about 150 to spend and went with these 60 dollar ones because they sounded as good or better than the expensive ones. Blew the 200 Beats By Dre headphones out of the water.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:55 AM   #10
Paleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Paleus's Tacoma Gallery
Skullcandy are pretty bad. Beats are also terrible. I like Sennheiser and Westone. Senn HD280 Pros are pretty great for the price. Audio-Technica, Denon, and Grado are also good choices. Big, over the ear phones usually require an amp for them to sound their best. In ear monitors (IEMs) have high sensitivity and will sound good just plugged into a phone or iPod. I have a set of Westone UM PRO 30s, they are the best universal fit IEM I have ever heard. UM PRO 30
Old 04-22-2014, 05:07 PM   #13
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Best bang for the buck head phones I've found to date. And I have wasted A LOT of money on head phones.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica.../dp/B000ULAP4U
Old 04-22-2014, 05:07 PM   #14
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
I have had the Jaybird Freedom BT headphones for over two years now and they are good. Longest lasting headphones I have had so far. Sound quality is very good as well.

Link

Review
Old 04-22-2014, 05:16 PM   #15
mtxsub is on a distinguished road

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
no joke i love them they are strong earbuds iv steped on them sping them around they are great for the price try and look at all the reviews people like them to http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RPHJ...osonic+earbuds
Old 04-23-2014, 06:45 AM   #16
Dismembered
Robnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Robnik's Tacoma Gallery
I've had a pair of Panasonic RP-HTX7's for 5+ years now. They sound very good for the money. I bang them around a lot & they still work like new. I always forget I'm wearing them. In a way, I wish they would give out so I could "upgrade". But, I probably would just get the same thing in a different color, since they lasted this long.
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-H.../dp/B001BEAI4W

Products Discussed in this Thread