Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Deep album cuts thread

Old 04-29-2014, 06:17 AM   #1
Nowhereman04 has a spectacular aura aboutNowhereman04 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Chris
Nowhereman04's Tacoma Gallery
Deep album cuts thread

Name your favorite deep cut songs from albums that had a moderate to big hit in which the general public only hear the single or singles the band released from an album, and never heard the other good songs on the album. As we all know, in some cases the hit single(s) are nowhere near as good as some of the deep cuts on the album. Feel free to post a link to where your deep cut can be heard to share the wealth. Post all types of music, whatever gets your blood moving.

I'll get it started with this:

The Eagles - Take The Devil - from their self titled debut album The Eagles.
Listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6EmHPRDpzE
Old 04-29-2014, 06:26 AM   #2
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5kMVskWN8Y

Lynyrd Skynyrd's top 10 songs is stuff that doesn't get any radio time! I'd much rather listen to the albums! I hate how the radio just wears out the same old songs every day...not just with Skynyrd, but with everybody!
Old 04-29-2014, 04:33 PM   #4
Nowhereman04 has a spectacular aura aboutNowhereman04 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharypaul89 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5kMVskWN8Y

Lynyrd Skynyrd's top 10 songs is stuff that doesn't get any radio time! I'd much rather listen to the albums! I hate how the radio just wears out the same old songs every day...not just with Skynyrd, but with everybody!
My all time favorite Lynyrd Skynyrd deep cut is I Need You from the album Second Helping.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjJOwHTLZwc
Old 04-29-2014, 04:58 PM   #5
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhereman04 View Post
My all time favorite Lynyrd Skynyrd deep cut is I Need You from the album Second Helping.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjJOwHTLZwc
That's the greatest song they ever wrote, my man! That's a damn jam!!!!
Old 04-30-2014, 04:09 PM   #6
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
the albums name is Yesterdays wine by the hag and the possum. The best song is 'I think I've found away" of course none of these songs got much airplay
Old 04-30-2014, 09:33 PM   #7
Taco turned Burrito
DelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Supervisor
DelRioTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My favorite track off GNR's Appetite For Destruction album:Rocket Queen. They never really could replicate it on stage-just too complicated (and they were too wasted usually).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TnL-LJKWE0
Old 05-01-2014, 07:43 AM   #8

^^^^^^^^They did a decent rendition of Rocket Queen during the Live At The Ritz set in 1988. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7xQ04nlePM Axl kind of mucked it up though. It was the last song in the set and I think Axl's voice was shot so it's kind of excusable. I still think that show is the best they ever sounded as a complete band live. The version they did that night of Knockin' On Heavens Door was EPIC!!!
Old 05-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #9
Robnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobnik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Robnik's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGe8P7DK4Nc
Old 05-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #10
Taco turned Burrito
DelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Supervisor
DelRioTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robnik View Post
But Seriously! Great minds think alike. I absolutely love that album! I tried to record my cassette tape version to MP3, but it was too trashed. I ended up just downloading a fresh digital version. Its great to see another fan of a totally obscure album that was only known for one song (LIfe's Been Good), but had so many quality tracks!
Old 07-16-2014, 10:21 AM   #11
Sheepshead45 is on a distinguished road
Sheepshead45's Tacoma Gallery
Rush - La Villa Strangiato from Hemispheres.

"The Trees" is an FM radio rock staple from this album, but this tune goes down as a top 10 of all time, any type of music for me.

Just incredible musicianship...