Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Fan of ska?

Old 06-12-2014, 12:44 PM   #1
PhD, DVM, MPH, MS, MMA, Esq, XYZ, 123, blahblah
DrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dr. (I just play one on TV)
DrFunker's Tacoma Gallery
Fan of ska?

Here is the link to my former band.

We are no longer together but I wanted to be sure that people could hear what we did.

If you like it, I would love to hear what you have to say.
If you don't like it, then don't tell me, there is nothing I can do to change it.

http://longshot-ska.bandcamp.com/album/unreleased

Hope you like it. Download all you want.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #2
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good to me. The female vocalist is a nice touch.

I was really into ska as a kid back before anyone had heard of a CD. Used to bounce off of the walls of my parents basement to the likes of the Specials, Madness and the English Beat.

Ska makes for a lively party. Gotta love that!
Old 06-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #3
DrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrFunker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
Sounds good to me. The female vocalist is a nice touch.

I was really into ska as a kid back before anyone had heard of a CD. Used to bounce off of the walls of my parents basement to the likes of the Specials, Madness and the English Beat.

Ska makes for a lively party. Gotta love that!
Yes it does! We have played many of those. Lots of great memories....
Thanks for listening.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:13 AM   #4
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
love me some ska. people don't realize how diverse that the punk genre has gotten over the 40 years or so. heck even ska has a lot of diversity. ska-core, crack-rocksteady, etc...
Old 06-16-2014, 10:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePearlShark99 View Post
love me some ska. people don't realize how diverse that the punk genre has gotten over the 40 years or so. heck even ska has a lot of diversity. ska-core, crack-rocksteady, etc...
Yeah, it is all over the place. The shows we played were so different from one to the next.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:23 AM   #6
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
i'm gunna sub to this thread and download your music. is it cool if i post up some youtubes ska and spread some love?
Old 06-16-2014, 11:02 AM   #17
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going back to my high school days...
Old 06-16-2014, 11:05 AM   #18
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
http://youtu.be/ubCyp7v-tRs
One of my first Ska bands I heard.