1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Beatles- the most overrated band of all time

Discussion in 'Music' started by TacoGlenn, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 18, 2014 at 5:31 PM
    TacoGlenn

TacoGlenn [OP] Nobody Makes a Monkey Outta Me!

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    '13 MGMAC 2.7L SR5
    Hellwig 1251's, Leer 122, Kahtec smart stop delay flashing 3rd brake light, de-chromed, de-badged, WeatherTech mats, WeatherTech side window deflectors,
    I realize this might be the equivalent to tossing a lit cigar into a munitions plant but here goes. IMO The Beatles are hands down the most overrated band in history. There is a thread on TW asking members their top 10 bands, even if there was top 100 band thread The Beatles would not make my list. I only have one Beatles song in my entire Itunes collection, “Paperback Writer” ('cause I like the geetar), and I seriously doubt I'll ever acquire another Beatles song again.
    Radio stations across the country often have the “top 500 songs of all time” contests around holidays. And invariably the number one song is “Hey Jude” or “Let it Be”, to my mind a couple of plodding and uninspired songs as all get out. I don't hate The Beatles, if I was on a desert island and only had The Beatles to listen to, I would (all the while wishing I had something else). I just think there are gobs of better bands and songs.
    So if you agree with me, chime in. If not...well...I've battened down the hatches, braced myself, and ready to absorb all the ill will, derision, vitriol, and hate anyone can muster.
    Cheers.

2. Sep 18, 2014 at 5:56 PM
    Grundletaint

Grundletaint Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    2012 crewmax tundra 4x4
    Debadged, derped, weathertech visors, antennax, tinted, need more money
    Your top 100 list saddens me.

As far as rating and overrating....I think Radiohead gets waaaaaaay more rating than they deserve.

3. Sep 18, 2014 at 6:13 PM
    AWF ROWD

AWF ROWD ...eats at the " Y " often....

Member:
    First Name:
    Doc
    40.102° N, 82.804° W
    Vehicle:
    '13 BLOWN 4X4 Sport
    TRD Supercharger, Walbro 255 FP Upgrade, aFe Stage 2 si CAI, TRD Acrylic cover by Coupe ADD 1 OIL Catch can/SS hoses, TRD cat back exhaust, URD 2.8" Stealth pulley, 3" lift, Toytec/Bilstein C/O's, Toytec Progressive AAL's, LR UCA's, 5100 Rear Billies, Bi-Xenon HID BHLM Retro's w/ Halos RED LINE Tuning Hood Rods Swaybar Relocate, Line X'd Bull Guard/Step, Hitch, Craven Speed Dual Gauge mount, AEM Boost/AFR Gauges, Windows 20% tint, Weather Tech deflectors, GrillCraft upper and lower, Tacoma Raptor letters, LED Interior/Exterior lighting, Lund 6" Color Matched Oval Side Bars, Webasto 700 II sunroof, Heated Two toned custom leather TRD logo'd, Kenwood Multimedia 6990 HD head unit ,JL Stealthbox sub, Hertz Component speakers,, Entire cab damped with hushmat, Viper Security/Remote start, Weather Tech Liners, Blackened exterior LED Lights, Undercover Top w/LED's, Carbon fiber TRD windshield decal,, TRD stitched leather shift knob, TRD steering wheel emblem,
    Music is like politics, and religion....people are gonna' be all over the place on this...you are better off just asking if you like the Beatles or not....
    ~~I Don't Wanna' Hold Your Hand~~~;)

4. Sep 18, 2014 at 6:16 PM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    Far from my favorite band, but I'll give credit where credit is due. Lennon and McCartney are one of the best songwriting duos to ever walk this planet.

5. Sep 18, 2014 at 6:24 PM
    bigbarlo

bigbarlo The Church of @ODNAREM OC Chapter 80085

Member:
    First Name:
    Chan
    Laguna Beach
    Vehicle:
    06 AC OR PR/96 FJ80
    Who do you like OP?

6. Sep 18, 2014 at 6:27 PM
    yota243

yota243 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    turbo 05 prerunner trd off road DC
    Bw s256 turbo with 3 in glass pack dumped pre axle raptor liner bed and top rails and fenderflares and rocker panels. Hunter side steps. Plasti-dipped upper fenders and emblems. satin black spray paint here and there inside and out. 5100's set to 1.75" up front . C channel front bumper. Maxxis bighorn 255/85/16
    Yeah they pretty much set the stage for every single thing that had anything to do with music after them, but definately over rated. I dont listen to much of their stuff, but verse chorus verse chorus pretty much started by them (atleast made popular by them) and still almost every song follow suite. Skynard or g&r most over rated band? I could see that.

7. Sep 18, 2014 at 6:36 PM
    TacoGlenn

TacoGlenn [OP] Nobody Makes a Monkey Outta Me!

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    '13 MGMAC 2.7L SR5
    Hellwig 1251's, Leer 122, Kahtec smart stop delay flashing 3rd brake light, de-chromed, de-badged, WeatherTech mats, WeatherTech side window deflectors,
  8. Sep 18, 2014 at 6:40 PM
    detnight

detnight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Texas City ,Texas
    Vehicle:
    Texas Edtion Sport Super White
    Bed cover, Borla exhaust,20in wheels The TEXAS edition
    WOW.......and the music today is much better right.

9. Sep 18, 2014 at 6:46 PM
    yota243

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Bw s256 turbo with 3 in glass pack dumped pre axle raptor liner bed and top rails and fenderflares and rocker panels. Hunter side steps. Plasti-dipped upper fenders and emblems. satin black spray paint here and there inside and out. 5100's set to 1.75" up front . C channel front bumper. Maxxis bighorn 255/85/16
    Also if (which i dont) u consider country music, all of the band in that genre, for lack of a better term, would be over rated.

True story

10. Sep 18, 2014 at 6:48 PM
    Skinny Rogers

Skinny Rogers U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze

Member:
    First Name:
    Lance
    NC
    Vehicle:
    10 taco
    It all died with grunge in the early 90s. Shit and more shit. Thanks nirvana.

shakerhood likes this.
  11. Sep 18, 2014 at 6:49 PM
    thewarriordinghy

thewarriordinghy General Lee's Titan

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2017 Nissan Titan 4x4
    Temporarily Stock
    alice in chains!

b_r_o likes this.
  12. Sep 18, 2014 at 6:49 PM
    AWF ROWD

AWF ROWD ...eats at the " Y " often....

Member:
    First Name:
    Doc
    40.102° N, 82.804° W
    Vehicle:
    '13 BLOWN 4X4 Sport
    TRD Supercharger, Walbro 255 FP Upgrade, aFe Stage 2 si CAI, TRD Acrylic cover by Coupe ADD 1 OIL Catch can/SS hoses, TRD cat back exhaust, URD 2.8" Stealth pulley, 3" lift, Toytec/Bilstein C/O's, Toytec Progressive AAL's, LR UCA's, 5100 Rear Billies, Bi-Xenon HID BHLM Retro's w/ Halos RED LINE Tuning Hood Rods Swaybar Relocate, Line X'd Bull Guard/Step, Hitch, Craven Speed Dual Gauge mount, AEM Boost/AFR Gauges, Windows 20% tint, Weather Tech deflectors, GrillCraft upper and lower, Tacoma Raptor letters, LED Interior/Exterior lighting, Lund 6" Color Matched Oval Side Bars, Webasto 700 II sunroof, Heated Two toned custom leather TRD logo'd, Kenwood Multimedia 6990 HD head unit ,JL Stealthbox sub, Hertz Component speakers,, Entire cab damped with hushmat, Viper Security/Remote start, Weather Tech Liners, Blackened exterior LED Lights, Undercover Top w/LED's, Carbon fiber TRD windshield decal,, TRD stitched leather shift knob, TRD steering wheel emblem,
    You might get away with a playlist like that with 25 year olds...but you're way off base if you think thats even in the Ballpark with the Beatles, and the real Rock and Roll genre era ...todays music is alot of noise, and I consider myself have an eclectic taste in all music....the "groups" these days are playing 3 chords at best and calling it Music...;)

13. Sep 18, 2014 at 6:57 PM
    yota243

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Yeah hard rock and a little progressive rock i guess. I have a soft spot for everything breaking benjamin did because they were the first rock band i ever really got into (until i was 16 and could drive i only thought country came on the radio) i also got on a huge 90's kick for a couple years so pearl jam, bush, 7 marry 3 etc are pretty easy listening for me.

14. Sep 18, 2014 at 7:25 PM
    yota243

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Pretty sure u just became the least popular member on tw.

CONGRATULATIONS! !!

15. Sep 18, 2014 at 8:06 PM
    toyodajeff

toyodajeff Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    Vehicle:
    06 reg cab sr5
    Alot of the top 100 list have bohemian rhapsody as the top song it kinda blows,hank 3 sucks, he just screams into the microphone about being a "rebel". New country isn't really good at all anymore its just pop and rap but the start of the song has a banjo or steel guitar and they call it country. I dont think lynyrd skynyrd is too overated almost all of their songs are pretty good before half of them died. Sucks after that, but they are kinda like the eagles or ac/dc where all of their songs are pretty good and they have some really good ones too.

The beatles are okay, I like the my guitar gently weeps song and back in the ussr. The rest are kinda lame.

16. Sep 18, 2014 at 8:31 PM
    sammy87

sammy87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    I love AIC! Dirt one of my all time fav albums...that and Pearl Jams Ten, the rest of PJ was pretty much crap. I have a free membership to serius radio, Lithium is my fav channel!

With regards to the Beatles though, I went through a phase in like 9th grade where I thought they were cool, but listening to them now, they kinda suck. But if you compared them to everything else out at the time, pretty ground breaking. If they were in the 70's though against Led Zeppelin, no way game over!

17. Sep 18, 2014 at 8:33 PM
    worthywads

worthywads Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Boulder
    Vehicle:
    05 5-lug access I4 Stick, 70 Challenger Vert
    The Ramones would disagree with you, you do know how the Ramones picked their name?

18. Sep 18, 2014 at 8:35 PM
    Robnik

Robnik Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 Base Reg Cab 2.7L 2TR-FE A340E
    Overrated, underrated. It all comes down to your personal opinion of something. Some people think Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Nicki Minaj, Justin Beiber, etc. are underrated & are the best thing since sliced bread. I personally would rather hear bread being sliced or nails on a chalkboard. They actually teach the 'history of rock' in college? Pfft!

19. Sep 18, 2014 at 8:36 PM
    TurdTaco13

TurdTaco13 cuz my life is dope and I do dope shit

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Abq
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Sport 4x4
    6" BDS Lift, 18x9 XD Addicts, 35x12.5 Trail Grapplers, Aero Turbine 2525 muffler with turndown after the axle, AFE Stage 2 CAI
    Couldn't agree more. The only song I like of theirs is Hey Jude, and even then I like it way better when other artists cover it than I do the original version.

20. Sep 18, 2014 at 8:36 PM
    sammy87

sammy87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    I like country, its easy listening, but I agree. I feel that a lot of people tried to imitate Kenny Chesney laid back beach sound, which was an imitation of Buffet just not as completely belligerent drunk song writing. Jason Aldean was good at first, but hes lame now, same with Zac Brown. The popular ones are FLA GA line and Luke Bryan, both are horrendous and make me feel like I could have had a career in country music. Brad Paisley makes me want to put a bullet in my brain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top