Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Jimi Hendrix or Jimmy Page

Old 07-10-2010, 01:54 PM   #21
jhmartin is on a distinguished road
Name: John
jhmartin's Tacoma Gallery
I love both of them, but I gotta go with Page. He just wasn't a straight up rock guitarist. Lots of different music influenced his playing. Yeah he was a sloppy player at times, but I saw him live in '01 and he can still tear it up. His solo in Heartbreaker sounded just as good live with him pushing 60 years old than it did on the album.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #22
She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.
05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05 TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
Jimmy Page http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrvfMSYNqBg
Old 07-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #23
She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.
05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05 TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
Showing my age here, but I saw Zeppelin in Atlanta in 1973. $5 for general admission.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #24
SpruceJPG is on a distinguished road

Name: .JPG
SpruceJPG's Tacoma Gallery
Hendrix.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #25
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Jimi 1st

Put I'd put Jeff Beck over Page. Page copies a lot of people's style, Beck found his own sound.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #26
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Hendrix..IMO a big part of breaking the color barrier in rock
Old 12-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #28
JCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JCBigler's Tacoma Gallery
Four words: Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

Obviously Jimi Hendrix is the only plausible answer.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #29
The109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of light
Navy:
Name: Joe
The109's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 TRD Sport View Post
LZ is one of my favorite bands but Jimmy stole those arrangements from Davy Graham and Bert Jansch and mashed them up into White Summer/Black Mountain Side. They were traditional songs but Graham and Jansch created those arrangements and Jimmy didn't give them any credit.

She Walked Through the Fair (White Summer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76Yvw_ZztQk

Black Waterside (Black Mountain Side)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkX7Q2J7k48

Took a little bit of this one too...

Mustapha (uses this during White Summer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFxxVnGMtU
Old 12-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #30
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
tough call. though im a big fan of both. and hell of a thread bump

i almost want to say i appreciate jimmy page more for his variety. hendrix never made (or recorded should i say) sweet acoustic tunes like page did.

my favorite page video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvz-ToeZVXc&noredirect=1
Old 12-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #32
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The109 View Post
LZ is one of my favorite bands but Jimmy stole those arrangements from Davy Graham and Bert Jansch and mashed them up into White Summer/Black Mountain Side. They were traditional songs but Graham and Jansch created those arrangements and Jimmy didn't give them any credit.

She Walked Through the Fair (White Summer)

]
funny we just posted at the same time
Old 12-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #33
The109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of lightThe109 is a glorious beacon of light
Navy:
Name: Joe
The109's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
funny we just posted at the same time

We both like DADGAD tuning!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:01 AM   #34
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The109 View Post
We both like DADGAD tuning!
open G FTW!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qte7CB1SfHI
Old 12-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #35
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Midnight July the 4, 1970,Georgia's Woodstock,Two notes into Star Spangled banner And everyone was on there feet for the next 2 1/2 hrs. JIMMI Never saw anything like him.. To bad he died so young... Got to see L/Z 2 times in the 70's but there shows were nothing like J.H.,,,There was only one `The best we ever had & the best the world ever saw...Jim
Old 12-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #36
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Easy, Hendrix.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #37
michael roberts is on a distinguished road
michael roberts's Tacoma Gallery
That's tough, they were both at the top in the two very different styles they played.But Page surrounded himself with musicians who were also at the top: John Bonham,John Paul Jones and Robert Plant.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #39
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
Jimi 1st

Put I'd put Jeff Beck over Page. Page copies a lot of people's style, Beck found his own sound.
Art is being good at stealing other people's creativity. I can guarantee that Beck's style was heavily influenced by others. He is very good, and definitely an innovator but saying he found his own sound, ehhhh, maybe.

I think U2's "The Edge" is pretty high up there for inventing sound. How cool is it that you get to go by "The Edge", or the "Sonic Architect"?!

Anybody seen "It Might Get Loud"? Documentary with Page, The Edge, and Jack White. Really good if you like history and guitars.