Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Fav metal bands!!!

Old 12-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #61
Tommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tommy
Tommy27's Tacoma Gallery
From the best metal album of the year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIRZMkkvWTg
And this from there last album http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAxKv0mgtLs
Old 12-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #62
Somethings Fuckey
06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed06 tacoma owner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
06 tacoma owner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
Huge Godsmack fan..saw them many times in the 90's before even Boston radio gave them airplay, used to drink with them at the bar after they played too..
I saw them last spring with staind and it was a great show
Old 12-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #63
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
I can honestly say I never saw a bad show by them..wish I coulda made the Staind tour though.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #65
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
We saw Hatebreed a couple weeks ago with Shadows Fall. I have seen Shads a couple times before and they never disappoint. Add to that they are some pretty cool guys that will hang out and BS afterwards.

First time I saw Hatebreed and they absolutely destroyed it!

Seeing In Flames, Demon Hunter and Battlecross next week.

Hopefully Volbeat is getting a spot at our favorite venue, The Machineshop. We should find out today.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #66
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #68
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
The Melvins

http://youtu.be/wAl3A2pYFhM
Old 03-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #69
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
I may get flamed for this but what about progressive metal? Cause TOOL FTMFW! and Godsmack. Or are we just going for the hard hitting stuff? Cause im on a Mudvayne kick right now.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #71
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 tacoma owner View Post
I saw them last spring with staind and it was a great show
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
I may get flamed for this but what about progressive metal? Cause TOOL FTMFW! and Godsmack. Or are we just going for the hard hitting stuff? Cause im on a Mudvayne kick right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
mudvayne good.
None are metal.

As I Lay Dying is my fav metal band right now.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #72
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
None are metal.

As I Lay Dying is my fav metal band right now.

Progressive metal...
Old 03-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #75
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Progressive metal...
Metal nonetheless.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #76

Quote:
Metal nonetheless.
I meant Tool and Godsmack...
Old 03-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #77
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Progressive metal...
Actually I'd say Tool and Godsmack might have had metal influences but they are more hard rock. Mudvayne is weird, they have a couple of metal songs and a softcore song. I think you classify metal as a percentile of your music is a certain genre, so I guess you could say they are like 60% metal?
Old 03-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #78
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I meant Tool and Godsmack...
Yeah I read that wrong.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #79

Quote:
Actually I'd say Tool and Godsmack might have had metal influences but they are more hard rock. Mudvayne is weird, they have a couple of metal songs and a softcore song. I think you classify metal as a percentile of your music is a certain genre, so I guess you could say they are like 60% metal?
They are classified as progressive metal. Which is why i said i was going to get flamed lol.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #80
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They are classified as progressive metal. Which is why i said i was going to get flamed lol.
I never look at the wiki articles, anyone can edit those. :P I go by what tuning they plan their instruments in, most metal bands play in Drop D, if not drop D then definitely drop C. Also metal songs have deep vocals, a solo (if not more), and of course a break down (tempo of the song drops by half or more) that's how I rate metal anyway.

Also Children of Bodom are #2 at the moment