Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New to the Taco world

Old 06-19-2008, 01:20 AM   #1
YotaMan08 is on a distinguished road
YotaMan08's Tacoma Gallery
Question New to the Taco world

I just recently bought an 08 reg cab 4x4 tacoma. Enjoying so far, this is my first toyota. I was a Z71 man before this truck. All i have ever heard is good things about the tacoma about how reliable they are and good they are off road. Hopefully i will experience b4 too long. I have been reading threads and trying to get ideas on mods for my truck. Have any of you guys ran into any problems with the dealership with warranties or anything after you have installed larger tires or a lift. I was thinking about starting out with some type of AT tires for now 265/75 r16 and then later adding lift. My truck has the 4.10 gears and i was wondering how they would fair with the slightly larger tires for anybody with the I4. Or if i wanted to haul my 4 wheeler or anything on that scale.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:40 AM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! You heard correctly. These are reliable, fun trucks.

As far as lifts and dealers and whatnot. Its illegal for a dealer to refuse to do warranty work becuase you have aftermarket lifts (google: Magnuson-Moss Act). The only way they can refuse to do warranty work is if the aftermarket directly caused the failure. For example, if you lifted your truck and then your rear suspension started to squeek, the dealer is not repsonbile because you modified your leaf pack and shocks.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:45 PM   #5
Thanks

Yeah a couple of other people i had talked to said the same thing i just wanted to make sure i heard correctly. Hopefully i will be able to put some pics on here in about a month of the goodys i have added to my truck.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:56 PM   #6
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! What everyone stated is true and for the tires shouldnt be a prob bfg's are a top choice but i have bridgestone dueler a/t revos i stayed with stock size you should have no prob towing either.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:59 PM   #7
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #8
Thanks everyone..