Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Newbie with a question

Old 06-20-2008, 11:57 PM   #1
tomb020871 is on a distinguished road
tomb020871's Tacoma Gallery
Newbie with a question

Hi everybody. I am new to the forum. My name is Tom and have always been a Toyota guy. I remember the first time my dads friend brought over his 70 something LandCruiser and I thougt is was awesome. I have been a fan since. I actually with to this day that I had that truck. I was only about 8 at the time but I can remember it like it was yesterday.

Anyway, I have a 2008 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab and the Maintanence light is on. Is there an easy way to get that to turn off?

Thank you for your help in advance.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:01 AM   #2
Eat My Dirt
Siafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the rough

Siafu's Tacoma Gallery
yeah bring it to the dealership and get it maintanenced...

hehe j/k
Old 06-21-2008, 12:02 AM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Try this.
To reset you Maintenance Required light:
1. Turn the ignition key to the "OFF" position with the odometer reading shown.

2. Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position while holding down the trip meter reset knob.

Hold down the knob for at least 5 second. The odometer indicates "000000" and the light goes off.
NOTE: (You will see a series of dashes that count down while the system resets itself)

If the system fails to reset, the light will continue to flash!

You must re-perform the procedure
Old 06-21-2008, 12:04 AM   #4
tomb020871 is on a distinguished road
tomb020871's Tacoma Gallery
Seeing that you work at a dealership, do you know of how to do this? I would rather not have to go into the dealership to have this done.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:49 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Time to change your oil Tom!

Welcome.... that maintenance light (oil change reminder) will flash at 4500miles after each reset. From what I've read - if you yo beyond 5,000 miles without resetting it, it'll stay on constant (I've never let mine get that far - so I've neer seen it stay on constant).
Old 06-21-2008, 07:02 AM   #7
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:47 PM   #8
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Welcome!

Like Janster said, it's the oil change reminder. Since it's on all the time, you're at/beyond the 5k oil change interval.

Change it, and follow socalman's post. You may need to have the odometer reading the odometer instead of trip A or trip B to do it, but I'm not sure. I always make sure it's on the odometer display before doing mine.