Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Hello All

Old 06-21-2008, 10:47 AM   #1
Shrockworks Rep.
ShrockTaco is on a distinguished road
ShrockTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hello All

New member, not so new to the Tacoma scene. Questions about products/services please send them via PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Nice to have you! Welcome to TW
Old 06-21-2008, 11:08 AM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
post some pics.....show us ur ride
Old 06-21-2008, 11:30 AM   #5
Shrockworks Rep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
post some pics.....show us ur ride
gathering them up now its been thru hell and back with a major wreck so there will probably be all kinda pictures.. I do need to get some "updated" ones taken to show its current evolution.

teaser:
Old 06-21-2008, 11:42 AM   #6
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
zaweeeeeeeeeeeeet!! Nice ...SHOW MORE!!!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #7
Shrockworks Rep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
zaweeeeeeeeeeeeet!! Nice ...SHOW MORE!!!!!
uploaded a few more in my gallery here..

but More* can be found

http://www.x360world.com/gallery2/

I'll be adding more pics to both sites soon.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:05 PM   #9
Shrockworks Rep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Helluva nice truck. Welcome to the site.
thanks !
Old 06-22-2008, 05:23 PM   #10
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Welcome!

Shrock...... as in Shrockworks and the front bumper for the 05+ I've been drooling over for a year or so?
Old 06-22-2008, 05:28 PM   #11
Shrockworks Rep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Welcome!

Shrock...... as in Shrockworks and the front bumper for the 05+ I've been drooling over for a year or so?

Correct , I'm one of the fabricators for Shrockworks..
Old 06-22-2008, 05:38 PM   #12
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrockTaco View Post
Correct , I'm one of the fabricators for Shrockworks..
Sweet!

Good to have you here!

I was hoping to be installing one this summer, but things didn't pan out the way I wanted.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:40 PM   #13
Shrockworks Rep.
Quote:
Sweet!

Good to have you here!

I was hoping to be installing one this summer, but things didn't pan out the way I wanted.

That sucks bud, I can definately say the end is worth the wait..
Old 06-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #15
Shrockworks Rep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
Welcome aboard!
Thanks !
Old 06-22-2008, 05:54 PM   #16
Devout Atheist

Quote:
That sucks bud, I can definately say the end is worth the wait..
Yeah, I'm sure of that! I hit a turkey on a back road a few months ago. It bounced off the passenger side corner of the bumper and under the tire. Not much of a hit, but it snapped off a metal bracket behind the bumper and snapped a fog light tab. Needless to say I'm ready to get rid of the plastic crap on the front end.

That bumper is the nicest one I've seen! I've checked out ARB's, and All-Pro's and don't really care for either one. The new AP one is styled similar to Shrock's, but being modular I've already heard reports of sections shifting or moving and causing problems. So a nice, solid, one piece bumper is the way I'll go. Something that can deflect small woodland creatures without cracking.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:56 PM   #17
Shrockworks Rep.
Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure of that! I hit a turkey on a back road a few months ago. It bounced off the passenger side corner of the bumper and under the tire. Not much of a hit, but it snapped off a metal bracket behind the bumper and snapped a fog light tab. Needless to say I'm ready to get rid of the plastic crap on the front end.

That bumper is the nicest one I've seen! I've checked out ARB's, and All-Pro's and don't really care for either one. The new AP one is styled similar to Shrock's, but being modular I've already heard reports of sections shifting or moving and causing problems. So a nice, solid, one piece bumper is the way I'll go. Something that can deflect small woodland creatures without cracking.

Or Mini-vans check a few other toyota boards LMAO I was shocked when I seen pictures of a 4thgen 4 runner (same bumper basically) after it smacked the back of a mini-van doing i think 30mph ?
EDIT: Link http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?p=34107
Old 06-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #18
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Or Mini-vans check a few other toyota boards LMAO I was shocked when I seen pictures of a 4thgen 4 runner (same bumper basically) after it smacked the back of a mini-van doing i think 30mph ?
EDIT: Link http://www.toyota120.com/forum/showthread.php?p=34107

wow! Testament to the craftsmanship! I did something similar about a year ago, although I only rolled into the back of a van by letting off the clutch at a redlight when the lady started going. Then stopped 5ft later for no reason. Dented her door a bit, and not much to mine that I could see so I didn't bother filing with my insurance. Turned out later it must have snapped a headlight mount and grill mounts when the bumper flexed. Fine, the bumper didn't break, but a bunch of plastic tabs behind it broke because it flexed and they didn't. Not worth the hassle for what should be $10-max worth of plastic, but guaranteed to be more if the dealer fixed it.

So, yeah, I'm a little frustrated with the delicate nature of a $27k investment.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:15 PM   #19
Shrockworks Rep.
Quote:
wow! Testament to the craftsmanship! I did something similar about a year ago, although I only rolled into the back of a van by letting off the clutch at a redlight when the lady started going. Then stopped 5ft later for no reason. Dented her door a bit, and not much to mine that I could see so I didn't bother filing with my insurance. Turned out later it must have snapped a headlight mount and grill mounts when the bumper flexed. Fine, the bumper didn't break, but a bunch of plastic tabs behind it broke because it flexed and they didn't. Not worth the hassle for what should be $10-max worth of plastic, but guaranteed to be more if the dealer fixed it.

So, yeah, I'm a little frustrated with the delicate nature of a $27k investment.

LOL I've had my fair share of fun with our "3rd Gen Tacoma bumper" 1st gen tacoma to you guys..

It's abused quite often on and off the trail , just scratched powdercoat

EDIT: if you check the link i posted earlier in this thread to my private photo gallery you will see a pic of my truck on street 31" tires with the front end popped up in the air .. u cannot see it , but there was a big tree stump in my way which got me airborne coming up the climb