Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

new cowboy in town

Old 06-21-2008, 07:06 PM   #1
azzurri is on a distinguished road
azzurri's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb new cowboy in town

after months of reading ppls Tacos ive desided to join this site
kinda depressing after i did all my homework and searched high and low for for the best price on a 08 trd sport dbl cab indgo blue to come to teh realization that i would have to be pulling in some major coin. here there $36,000 with out tax $40,000 tax in on the road . i live in canada btw
so i thought i get a used one, no problem. trd access cab sport 27000 KM asking $26500 +tax i dont know what there smoking
i need a truck bad and nothing compairs to a taco hands down i test drove everything
i was thinking about getting a older 2002-2004 or even a s10
just what some feed back on what some people have to say or if they got any suggestions
although i would like a new truck its outta the question
Old 06-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the site!
Old 06-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #3
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, Welcome to TW. Where in TO are you?
Old 06-21-2008, 07:33 PM   #4
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey azzurri, check www.leasebusters.com before you buy used. You might get lucky and work out a good deal with someone trying to get out of a lease.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:37 PM   #5
azzurri's Tacoma Gallery
ya i been on there lease busters auto trader craigs list you know any othere good one
Old 06-21-2008, 07:49 PM   #6
Born to Ride

Cant think of any others. You can ask for a cash incentive to take over a lease. Sometimes they run into a few thousand dollars. Dont over look a lease takeover.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:02 PM   #7
Born to Ride

azzurri, try to buy a 2nd gen Taco. Since you just bought a house and all, you should wait/delay the truck purchase. With high gas prices, people will start dumping their gas guzzlers for compact cars. I will sell my Taco for about 20K in 2010. If you wanna wait, you'll have a dealer maintained truck for a good price.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:06 PM   #8
azzurri's Tacoma Gallery
2010 will see maybe then they will have hybird trucks lol and who knows they might have solar power
Old 06-21-2008, 08:18 PM   #9
Born to Ride

Exactly why I'll have a newer truck by then.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:31 PM   #10
azzurri's Tacoma Gallery
alrigfht first dibs on your old rig pending
Old 06-21-2008, 08:56 PM   #11
Born to Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurri View Post
alrigfht first dibs on your old rig pending
I need a 50% deposit?
Old 06-22-2008, 05:55 AM   #12
azzurri's Tacoma Gallery
[now your starting to sound like all those salesman tht i hate, god if i conducted bussness like them i would have no clients there was only one cool guy that i would buy a car from.
i dont think ppl in sales have friends lol
Old 06-22-2008, 06:48 AM   #14
Born to Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurri View Post
.... i dont think ppl in sales have friends lol
However, they pay their bills on time and manage to feed their families. That's their driving force.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:19 PM   #15
azzurri's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation

but there are different ways you can conduct your self i personaly belive you can be firm in pricing without acting like a prick
Old 06-22-2008, 04:43 PM   #16
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Welcome!

I know a lot of people cross the border to buy them. Have you looked into that? Only problems I've heard about are getting day time running lights installed before the inspection when they get it back to Canada. You can buy the OEM parts to do it yourself though for around $50-$80 IIRC.