1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

From Blazer To Tacoma.

Discussion in 'New Members' started by 2TRunner, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Jul 31, 2010 at 11:38 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Realizing that my 01 Blazer is about to become a $$ pit, I figured it was best to try and dump it for something else while it still had some value.

Recently purchased an 08 Tacoma. Reg cab, base model, no bells or whistles (power windows, locks, cruise ctrl, etc). 32K, Silver.

Got the TT, still sitting on the Blazer. Have had some interest, need to get these guys over to look at it. I got about 2 weeks to get rid of it.

I work in an Automotive repair/maint. shop and am currently attending an Auto Tech program, working towards ASE cet. Did spend a good amount of time working in the Quick Lubes for a couple years. I will not pretent that I am a know it all expert, but if I can, I will more than gladly assist with anything I can. Would really like to do a good amount of DIY type threads with instruct/pics/etc. More time that goes by, more things I'll be able to assist with.

Haven't gotten a chance to really get my TT into the shop and spend a little time with it and take a closer look at her. Been wanting to, going into work very early Monday to do so.

Did throw in a new cabin filter, ($0), new Beam style wipers ($0). Perks having worked in the wretched world known as Jiffy lube for 2 years.

Can't wait to get going on some of the maintaince.
    -Differential service.
    -Need to do something about the intake system. Feel like a dog chasing its tail on this one. Just plain ol' reg. filters? Drop in KN style or doing a whole CAI thing?? Plain ol' regs for a little bit, gotta get some $$, and the wife on a good day.
    -If plugs are a 30K thing, those will be getting done also.

Would like to get some extras done to the truck. Don't know what yet. Could make a big list, what I would actually do, different story.

2. Jul 31, 2010 at 11:54 PM
    timbo805

timbo805 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SanDiego
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma trd sport pre-runner
    welcome to tw!!

Products Discussed in

To Top