1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Member ???? Maybe Not

Discussion in 'New Members' started by desertone61, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Mar 26, 2007 at 11:24 AM
    desertone61

desertone61 [OP] Member

Member:
    I am sure you all have heard many stories of buying cars, the dealer, the salesman or the lemon so dont want to bore you to much. I had thought back on Feb 27, 2007 I was to be a new proud owner of a new 2007 Toyota Tacoma double cab with most of the extras. I went to dealer agreed on sales price, gave them deposit and was told that either the week of March 11 or March 18 my new purchase should arrive in Houston, Texas and will be out fitted there prior to being shipped up to Richardson, Texas for final dealer inspection. Salesman gave me hints that normally when this transpires that the customer picks up the vehicle on Thur or Fri of same week. With all that done and said I called dealer on March 19th to inquire about the purchase and was told it had arrived on March 18 in Houston and would out fitted and then transported to dealer and should be ready Friday March 23. At 1145am Friday March 23 dealer called me to inform me vehicle hadnt arrived that they will make inquires as to whats goin on and get back to me in a couple hours. At 545pm same day dealer called me to inform me that there was transporatation problem and wouldnt arrive until maybe Monday, they would keep me posted. Today March 26 at 1215pm another person at dealership "Toyota of Richardson" called me to inform me that there was a transportation problem and they were trying to figure out what the status of my vehicle so as to determine when it might arrive so the can service it and I can drive it home. They indicated they would be back to me as soon as maybe a couple hours if they are successful in tracking down the missing truck. NOW ARENT YOU REALLY ENJOYING THE STORY? STAYED TUNE FOR FURTHER DEVELOPEMENTS

2. Mar 26, 2007 at 11:26 AM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    Wow that really sucks. Keep us updated...

3. Mar 26, 2007 at 11:31 AM
    SPOWERS07

SPOWERS07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB 4x4 off-road
    thats unbelievable

4. Mar 26, 2007 at 3:24 PM
    Ldytaco05

Ldytaco05 it's all about me

Member:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner,Enkei Wheels
    What is the real reason? hmmmm with all the time and money wasted, i say i would push the dealer in giving you some sort of compensation i.e. accessories on your taco, a decrease in total price, something that a dealer could show some remorse in putting your Taco on hold. it's worth a try i know it worked when i purchased my red mustang a few years back. hope this helps....

5. Mar 26, 2007 at 4:06 PM
    06tacoma

06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa FL
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 XS-P Trd Longbed Double Cab
    20" enkei wheel,BFG G-Force tires, BHLM, Smoked tail lights, 2 RE Audio 10s, Quantom 900watt amp,10000K HIDs headlights and fog lamps,Borla exhaust, Borla drop in filter,Debadged tailgate,Painted black tacoma badges
    that is truley crazy i would be pretty mad myself i really hope they figure it out

6. Mar 26, 2007 at 4:35 PM
    sandie

sandie Well-Known Member

Member:
    long beach, ca
    Vehicle:
    06 x-runner baby!
    man, that must be so frustrating :( i'm sorry...i hope it gets worked out soon!

7. Mar 26, 2007 at 4:42 PM
    2003greenbean

2003greenbean Carolina Alliance Costal Div

Member:
    socaste,sc
    Vehicle:
    03 trd
    cold air intake, step bars, custom grill, 3in lift,12 in audiobahn sub, 285/75/16 procomp tires, 20% tint,
    that sucks i would be so mad

8. Mar 26, 2007 at 9:21 PM
    desertone61

desertone61 [OP] Member

Member:
    Finally Was Directed By Toyota, Torrance, California To Get Ahold Of Customer Service Chief At Toyota Of Richardson (texas) To Inquire After I Wrote Up Complaint To Toyota Headquarters. Contacted At 3pm And They Called Me Back With What They Where Doing Short Afterwards. Still No Results As To Where It Is, But Was Assured That They Had Contacted Gulf States Toyota Who Does The Distriubtion Of Tacomas For This Region And Was Told They Should Have Answer In The Morning Of March 27th. It Will Be Interesting If Between Four People Working At Dealership That Maybe , Just One Might Find An Answer. Flustration Is At Its Peak, Blood Pressure Is Boiling, (good Thing I Take Meds Each Day) Wow, I Am 67 Years Old Going Thru This Mess Again. Of Course I Have Boughten Many Many New Cars Of The Years, But This One Is A New Twist I Hadnt Heard Of Before. So Much For Dealership Customer Appreciation. Guess The Truck State Of Texas Is Getting A Little To Large For Its Britches. Now We Have San Antonio, Texas Producing Trundra, Wonder How Many Of Those Get Lost In Transit To Customers?? Stay Tuned In For More Yet To Come On March 27 Chapter Of Dealer Findings.

9. Mar 27, 2007 at 5:59 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    I feel your pain. I dealt with a similar situation, although not quite as extreme. I was very specific in what i wanted. My truck HAD to be black, 4 door, 4x4, TRD offroad (not sport), automatic, and a few other demands that i can't remember off the top of my head. Anyway, there were only 5 for sale in the south east that met my description. Anyway, the dealership found one in Atlanta Georgia they were going to get shipped up here (Greenville SC). I filled out the paper work monday and put down a deposit, they promised the truck would be here wednesday. Wednesday rolls around and they tell me the one in Atlanta has been sold, despite the fact that i put $2000 down on it and filled out all the paperwork specifiacally for that truck and VIN#. I was under the impression that doing that made the truck mine.... apparently not to the asshole that sold my truck in Atlanta. They tracked down another one from port on its way to Raleigh NC and tried to intercept it but couldn't. So i had to wait for it to get to NC then have someone bring it down. They then tried to charge me a $600 transport fee! So to summarize, they sell the truck that i put a downpayment on, make me wait a week, and then want to charge me extra because they screwed up, and still couldn't get my truck to me that day! At this point i told them i wanted my check back and would find someone else that actually had the ability to sell me the truck i wanted. They dropped the transport fee and had the truck to me that night, even though they said that was impossible earlier that day. The moral of the story is this.... dealers will do anything to make a sale. Put some pressure on them and give them a deadline and let them know if they don't meet it you want your check back. I guarantee you won't have a problem finding another dealer willing to sell you the same truck. Sorry about your truck problems, i know it sucks. Good luck, and give 'em hell

P.S. i notice that you capitalize every word, does that not take you forever to type a paragraph? I have never seen anyone type like that before, it's pretty cool.

10. Mar 27, 2007 at 7:06 AM
    sak3358

sak3358 Well-Known Member

Member:
    This is interesting. I placed my order back in Feb for my truck. I wanted a 4X2, Black, Quad Cab, Sport Package, JBL Sound and Tow Package. They checked in a 5 state area and could not find one with my specs. They ended up placing an order to have it built. I was good with this. The dealer gave me a specific date the truck was being built, but have given me a 3 week window for it will arrive. I need a 7 day notification to get my trade cleaned up and get the bank check. The dealer started to half step and offered to accept a check from another account and hold it until I deposit the money. My reply was if you can't give me a specific date for arrival, I can't give you a specific date when I will accept. My attitude is that I'm still in the drivers seat with this deal. I have a good car now I'm trading, and if they push too hard I'll tell them that I'll wait until the 08's come out and we can start all over. Basic business, they need my cash more than I need the vehicle. I've alluded that another dealer is pestering me to come visit them. You'd be surprised how the level of customer service has improved.

11. Mar 27, 2007 at 7:22 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Well March 27 has come to an end and we still haven't heard from desertone61.... i guess that means no new truck. Keep us updated desertone, i would like to know how this pans out

12. Mar 29, 2007 at 1:41 PM
    desertone61

desertone61 [OP] Member

Member:
    Would you believe it, she finally arrived this week. I was about to give up and go buy something else, but the prayers were answered. I love the truck and when picking it up this week I just was so so thrilled. This is probably my last vehicle to purchase as I am 67 years old and have gone thru 20 new vehicles since my first new one in 1960. This is truely beautiful even though I thought the Tundra was very nice back in 1999. Got her already to move up to Iowa tomorrow, March 30th, so will take some pictures once there and weather permiting. Thanks again for your support. This is reayy a great forum and will look forward in reading alot more soon.

13. Mar 29, 2007 at 2:44 PM
    sandie

sandie Well-Known Member

Member:
    long beach, ca
    Vehicle:
    06 x-runner baby!
    YAY!!!! i'm so glad it finally worked out in the end and you're happy!!!

and i hope thats not your last vehicle!!! or wait...i hope it is...wait... :| whatever ;)

14. Mar 29, 2007 at 4:57 PM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    terrific desertone. probably worth waiting for. but nothing can be sweeter than rollin in your new ride

15. Mar 29, 2007 at 7:21 PM
    AntonioCorleone

AntonioCorleone Member

Member:
    :pray: Glad to hear it all worked out, you had me in suspense.

16. Mar 30, 2007 at 3:11 AM
    sak3358

sak3358 Well-Known Member

Member:
    "This is probably my last vehicle to purchase as I am 67 years old and have gone thru 20 new vehicles since my first new one in 1960."

Nonsense...you are as young as you feel, and from the sound of it your firing on all cylinders!

Congrats on the new truck! Getting a new truck is like Christmas and Easter being on one day.

Safe Travels!

Products Discussed in

To Top