Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Hello All

Old 06-28-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
SPFeeley is on a distinguished road
SPFeeley's Tacoma Gallery
Hello All

Stumbled across this site not long ago and Ive got to say its full of great information. I went from a 98 Tacoma access cab 2.4L 2wd to a 07 4x4 Double Cab Short Bed 4.0L 6 Speed Manual.

Came to this site looking for some information about towing (my truck did not come with the tow package, which im kicking myself for now) and ran across information about the Rear Spring TSB which had done this weekend!

Here's a pic from when I got her back in march of last year. I'll put some new pictures of post-TSB soon. It raised the back end up around 1.75 inches.

this is still when it was brand new. Pre-TSB
Old 06-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the site!
Old 06-28-2008, 06:39 PM   #3
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Welcome to TW! Nice pics!
Old 06-28-2008, 06:50 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw!! good lookin tacoma!
Old 06-28-2008, 08:06 PM   #5
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck you got there! Where you from? Mine didn't come with the tow package either. I added a drawtite stiff hitch & 4 plug adapter after the fact. I tow a two place snowmobile trailer, nothing major so it worked for me, but the factory package is a deal for sure.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:45 AM   #7
SPFeeley is on a distinguished road
SPFeeley's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xedge View Post
Great looking truck you got there! Where you from? Mine didn't come with the tow package either. I added a drawtite stiff hitch & 4 plug adapter after the fact. I tow a two place snowmobile trailer, nothing major so it worked for me, but the factory package is a deal for sure.
I live in Charlotte, NC right now, but I make trips up to the WNC mountains where I've still got some family and friends.

I am still debating what I need to do as far as a hitch. Here in the next few months I'll be pulling a 1969 Mustang project car around (around 3600 GVWR) with a trailer probably pretty similar to a featherlite 3100 (1400 GVWR), so I'm already maxing out the capabilities of an aftermarket hitch. Trolling around these forums I've seen guys pull way bigger loads but they all had the tow package installed. I'm sure an aftermarket hitch with a brake controller would get the job done, but its just a matter if i want the piece of mind of a factory class IV hitch or not.