Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

N00b

Old 06-30-2008, 09:43 PM   #1
Nomade30 is on a distinguished road
Nomade30's Tacoma Gallery
N00b

Hey there,

I don't currently have a taco. But I am definitely looking for one. Right now though, I have a 89 BMW 325i. Turbo'd it, have only found one rust spot, and I would prefer to keep it that way. So i am looking for a winter driver, a Tacoma just makes so much sense, all the people i know that own one, love it! And it gets decent mpg!

Looking for a White xtnd cab manual. Not sure on which engine to choose or what route to go.

Overall when I get it, looking for a small lift, Bigger wheels, And some bolt-on mods. The bmw is not the most reliable car in the world, especially with the turbo. Plus light car + snow + rwd + gobbs of power = bad idea.

I don't want to be considered a lurker, so i am just doing an intro.

About me???/

18yrs old
Real name is Damon
Skinny white kid
I love working with my hands or doing any technical
Not the best with grammar and such, so get used to it
Old 06-30-2008, 09:45 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Nice first post. Welcome to the site!
Old 06-30-2008, 09:47 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! well which models do your friends own maybe you can get the feel for what you want witha test drive.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:52 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Welcome to TW! well which models do your friends own maybe you can get the feel for what you want witha test drive.

both of them have the 3.4..

But I am not so interested in much power rather then mpg. I know there 3.4 would be enough power for me, but i really need to drive a smaller 4cyc so i know how much power they got.

Anyone got dyno charts of the 4cyc vs 6cyc?

I am better at reading torque curves then actually finding someone to drive their taco..
Old 06-30-2008, 09:57 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I see cool.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:25 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Welcome to the group. If you can't spell or use punctuation don't worry about it neither can we. We also read what we can and ignore the rest. Some of us stay on here so much we can no longer comprehend what we read.
The 4 bangers are pretty stout. Do you plan on off road use or hauling lots of stuff?

Not like off roading intense or constantly. But i would like to be able to get over some hills and get to hidden villages.

If anything i would haul maybe a car now and then, but it would only be a dolly.. ~2500lbs cars. Maybe a snow mobile or atv. But nothing huge or constantly very rarely
Old 07-03-2008, 11:41 PM   #9
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the site! looking forward to see your soon to be tacoma....
Old 07-03-2008, 11:57 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw!!! alotta good people and info here!!! the tacoma, if you get one........will definitely serve you well!!!
Old 07-04-2008, 11:26 AM   #11
For the Retards, Im a Female
ToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
ToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ToyTaco
welcome
Old 07-04-2008, 12:37 PM   #12
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Welcome to TW! Great post! Can't wait to see some pics of your BMW! Don't forget you can post pictures in the member gallery.

Cheers!
Old 07-06-2008, 01:35 PM   #13
thanks for the welcome guys. I am sorta in a situation with my BMW, selling my turbo one and buying another. I can't stand 100 degree weather with no a/c, and i sure as hell can't be driving it when it's cold out either. No heater

I plan on selling the turbo car, buying another bmw and buying a taco!
Old 07-06-2008, 09:43 PM   #14
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
89 e30 huh? Best year for them IMO, and many other people think the same thing. Def get some pics of it. would you consider buying another e30 or something else? My favorite BMW is probably the e28. Such sweet lines.

Anyway, back on topic. For the first gens 4cyl 4x4, the gross towing weight according to the manual is 3500 lbs (it's the same rating as the 6cyl without towing package), so it seems like you'll be fine with that towing capacity. It doesn't seem like you need the TRD package either, so you should have a wide range of trucks to be looking at.

BTW, I've been getting about 22mpg with the 6cyl with mixed driving (leans more towards highway though) so you might want to think about the advantages of a v6 vs the i4 as the gas mileage won't be that much difference.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:01 PM   #15
here is your request answered:

First my old car, the e30 i am buying to replace the turbo. Building a stroker motor for it. Reason i want this one more then other, less body damage, and heater works, and a/c works really well!

When i first got her, Engine bay was empty when these pictures were taken..

Pic with my buddy's car

Check out my exhaust, complete sleeper That's 3" back then into 2 2.25"