Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Hello from Tacoma w/ a Taco

Old 10-24-2006, 11:35 PM   #1
cockyockyfree is on a distinguished road

cockyockyfree's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Hello from Tacoma w/ a Taco

Just got the truck. V6 w/ 6 speed w/ TRD package w/ Tow package. It is a 2005 w/ 6000 only miles on it. Some guy got custody of his kids and needed a duelly. Did the carfax thing, all clear. The TRD seatcovers came in today, put them on, think they were defineately worth the cash. Nerf bars, or whatever the new lingo is, they should be here tomorrow. When the cash flow allows, next will be a cold air intake. Been looking at alot of forums, and that seems to be the biggest bang for the buck, when the bucks aren't falling of trees. Well, anyway, that's all for now, got to go make some money. I am glad this forum is here!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 11:37 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!! Cold air intakes are definitely one of the top mods...
Old 10-24-2006, 11:41 PM   #3
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW.

Puget Sound area here as well.

For an intake and tuning needs you might want to check URD out

Also are you into wheeling? If so check out WATTORA
Old 10-24-2006, 11:49 PM   #4

Talking Thankyou

Thank you. The next thing is exhaust, but the info out there is all over the place. The BIG thing seems to be a super charger w/ a seventh injector. Pricey, at the least. So i think i will go for sound, and that is going to be a bit of a research project. What the heck is a "thread" anyway?
Old 10-24-2006, 11:50 PM   #5

Hey TCBOB!!! Do you ever sleep? Thankyou for the Welcome!!
Old 10-25-2006, 12:00 AM   #6
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyockyfree View Post
Thank you. The next thing is exhaust, but the info out there is all over the place. The BIG thing seems to be a super charger w/ a seventh injector. Pricey, at the least. So i think i will go for sound, and that is going to be a bit of a research project. What the heck is a "thread" anyway?
There is no available TRD supercharger for the 1GR (4.0 liter V6 in the 2005 and up) nor is there a 7th injector for these engines. Those are for the previous generation Tacoma's with the 3.4 liter 5VZ engine.

URD released a centrifigul supercharger a few months back for the 1GR.

For exhaust you could look into Banks I've got a sound clip around here somewhere.

And a thread is what you started by introducing yourself.

tcBob how do I get a .wav to you? I've got a sound clip of the Gale Banks exhaust for the 4.0l engine..
Attached Files
File Type: wav BanksExhaustTacoma4.0.wav (1.55 MB, 518 views)
Old 10-25-2006, 12:06 AM   #7
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
tcBob how do I get a .wav to you? I've got a sound clip of the Gale Banks exhaust for the 4.0l engine..
Go for it...I just enabled wav attachments.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:09 AM   #8
The TW 1%
File's 1.55 meg
Old 10-25-2006, 12:11 AM   #9
Gringo Bandito

tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
File's 1.55 meg
Ok, go ahead.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:14 AM   #10
The TW 1%
Thanks, you can probably bump it down now.

An idea, maybe a multimedia tab with some audio clips and a few vids??
Old 10-25-2006, 12:16 AM   #11
Gringo Bandito

tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
An idea, maybe a multimedia tab with some audio clips and a few vids??
I was thinkin the same thing. Maybe even a section just for all the different exhaust sounds.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:09 AM   #12

Thanks, guys, you are unbelievable. Sorry about the supercharger stuff, like I said, I am just getting into it, and mine is a 4.0. What does 1GR stand for. I assume it is the type engine. Is it all aluminum?
Old 10-25-2006, 08:06 AM   #13
The TW 1%
1GR-FE is the designation Toyota has for the 4.0 liter engine.

Breakdown of engine codes.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:58 PM   #14

Just put the nerf bars on to night. Got to see how the buck flows, but I am leaning to a K & N filter, cold air, and then I am told that a K & N oil filter is the best also. And what does the Great Taco think on oil? I am still below 7000 miles, so I need a full treatment.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:16 AM   #15

Thank you for the .wav file. Bucks got tight, so I went with the Magnaflow muffler change out. I got to admit for under $100 it sounds ok. Thanks for the advice, wherever I saw it. I ordered a K&N air, should have it in a couple days, then I will rest a bit. My pocket book too!!!!!!!