Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

War Tortoise and the White Shadow

Old 07-08-2008, 05:19 PM   #1
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
War Tortoise and the White Shadow

hey folks. glad i found the forum for help with my 08 base tacoma. hopefully i won't be too much of a pest and remember to search before i ask stupid questions. i'm a member of totalruckus.com- a honda scooter forum, so i know the drill and etiquette.
first off, here's the War Tortoise. an 07 49cc honda ruckus with minor suspension and storage mods. this was my sole vehicle for a whole year, so i had to rig it for groceries, laundry, etc! it was originally 'urban camo' but i quickly painted it OD green.

having honda credit did wonders for my credit score. plus i had saved a ton of money on gas. mind you, the scooter is still my main work commute! 100mpg and 45mph is good enough for around town, only filling up one gallon every week or so.

so then i asked around about the most reliable worry free truck. Tacoma came up every time. so i heeded the advice. went out and bought the white shadow. white wasn't my first choice but i've gotten used to it. black and white are easy to accessorize. here she is on day two, before the debadging.
i felt a base model was a blank canvas to work with.

it's like the bed was made to carry the tortoise.

i've since added a bull/push bar and a toolbox. (which now means i need a bed extender to haul the scoot.) have in channel wind vents coming, and looking at lights.

more as it happens. thanks!
Old 07-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
cool scooter. What's something like that cost?

Welcome to TW. We like it when people search, but we don't jump on anyone if they don't.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:28 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
dude...that is a very pimp scooter...daddy likey....

welcome BTW!!
Old 07-08-2008, 05:31 PM   #4
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
the honda ruckus is about $2100 (and going up, with scoot sales booming)
that puts alot of people off, but i've owned cheap scoots and you feel the difference in quality. this thing is indestructible. maintenance is as easy as changing underwear, and even less frequent.
it paid for itself in a year, saving what i normally spent on on gas, bus fare, parking tickets and garage fees alone.

the main reason i stayed 49cc is because in GA it's classified as a moped and doesn't need tag or registration. insurance is optional. it was a broke time in my life, and a way to skirt around laws and money i didn't have.

everyone should have a scooter or motorbike in the back of their tacoma nowadays!
Old 07-08-2008, 05:35 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i bought a 650 v-star...but thats prolly as close as i'd get to owning an actual scooter...but i do like the green and the ruggedness of that one
Old 07-08-2008, 06:04 PM   #6
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
zombot,welcome to TW.....Very cool scoot and congrats on the new Taco.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:05 PM   #7
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
My first thought when I saw "white shadow" was the old TV series....anyone remember that?
Old 07-08-2008, 07:57 PM   #8
Scavenger

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
heh, i call mine the white shadow because
1)white
2)white work trucks and city vehicles are so commonplace i'm barely noticed and don't bring a lot of attention when i drive around unbadged collecting furniture and other perfectly good stuff people throw out that i fix and resell.
i;m not given a second glance..
Old 07-23-2008, 06:15 PM   #11
Scavenger

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
thanks everybody
here's a recent pic with new bullbar and lights, and a wee view of the slim aluminum toolbox i'll probably be selling.

next mod(s)- black structural foam tool box, painting rims black, removing flaps, black mesh grill.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:17 PM   #12
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good man! you are on the right track there!
Old 07-23-2008, 06:25 PM   #13
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
nice.

What's a foam tool box?
Old 07-23-2008, 06:49 PM   #14
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW, zombot. I like the utilitarian look of that scooter. Looks almost military issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombot View Post
i drive around unbadged collecting furniture and other perfectly good stuff people throw out that i fix and resell...
Do you find alot of good stuff where you're at? I was a residential garbage truck driver for 4 years. I've found many amazing things. Hell, I got my tonneau cover from someones garbage!
Old 07-23-2008, 06:51 PM   #15
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombot View Post
thanks everybody
here's a recent pic with new bullbar and lights, and a wee view of the slim aluminum toolbox i'll probably be selling.

next mod(s)- black structural foam tool box, painting rims black, removing flaps, black mesh grill.
hey man, you got that truck looking great!!! and now with the sec. air filter being gone and having the new afe filter.....your gonna be set for some good mileage as well!!

scooter is kickass by the way!! looks kinda offroad like!!
Old 07-23-2008, 06:58 PM   #16
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
WOW-admireable lifestyle you portray there Zombot-welcome here!