1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Newb from Newfoundland

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Papa Tac, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Sep 11, 2010 at 7:08 PM
    Papa Tac

Papa Tac [OP] Adjunct Anarchist

Member:
    First Name:
    Papa Tac
    Codroy Valley, Newfoundland
    Vehicle:
    '10 Ned Ludd Edition
    Pupped my ride - Dog bench, Black stock rims, Tail Gate antitheft mod, Bed storage and sleeping platform, Action Cap w/Yakima rack and Rola basket, Seatbelt chime off, Tentasaurus
    TW pops my Forum Cherry (pictures at 11)
    To paraphrase The Hip
    "He's 44 years old, never made a post..."
    Til now.
    I bought my first and long anticipated Tacoma June '10, what I like to think of as the Ned Ludd Edition :confused: (look it up)
    I've wanted 2 vehicles since I was old enough to dream - a Subaru wagon and a Toyota truck. Happy :D to say that in front of my home are an '05 Subaru Impreza and my new baby, '10 Tacoma. Both are Black, standard shift, 4 cyl. DREAMS DO COME TRUE - just not by dreaming.
    I wanted each for the same reasons - bulletproof reliability, and the ability to get me where I want/need to be, & ... the "back again" part ain't necessarily that important.
    I carry skis, canoe, bike and dog in my rigs, and I'm groovin' on everything I find here at TW, especially the discussion on racks, etcetera.
    BTW Did you know TW has a Search function :rolleyes: ? I've gotten some great info on mods... even if I am a little chickens#/t to try some of them. I'll keep you posted.
    My First mod - I Pupped my ride before I had even found TW, and (great minds and all that) my solution for the Access cab backseat for my 85 lb Yellow Lab (read white) was the same as I found here (build backseat bench). Granted those on TW were a little more pro than mine, but function>beauty - and Tegan loves her bench (just not as much as the front seat).
    Upcoming on my Taco - rack system, fog lights, new tires (265-70-16 if I'm correct), and tow package.
    PICS TO COME - give me a chance, this is my Cherry post.

Thanks TW and all the wise members, keep it up!
    It's great to finally be accepted

2. Sep 11, 2010 at 7:12 PM
    brow

brow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2020 Dodge Ram 1500
    welcome, sounds like you've got the black version of my truck, complete with the dog bench and all.

3. Sep 11, 2010 at 7:13 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
  4. Sep 12, 2010 at 1:49 AM
    Skipod

Skipod Active Member

Member:
    Vancouver Island
    Daystar Spacer, PC AAL Westin Steps (for the kids) Softopper
    Welcome from the West rock to the East Rock.

5. Sep 12, 2010 at 1:53 AM
    Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    Electric Tail Gate Lock, EZ Down + Cable Mod, Galvanized Underbody, DK 9000, CloudRider SS Grill insert. BakFlip HD, Cabin Air Filter mod, Alarm, Zero Rust !
    M R ducks M R not ducks O S, De R M R not ducks O S de R , C D wings L I B, M R ducks

6. Sep 12, 2010 at 2:02 AM
    daggertats

daggertats Well-Known Member

Member:
    arden nc
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma 4x4 reg cab
    undercover tonneau ,bug deflector, removal of all tacoma emblems added a set of component speakers behind the rear seat egr in channel window visors
    welcome from nc

7. Sep 12, 2010 at 2:53 AM
    Papa Tac

Papa Tac [OP] Adjunct Anarchist

Member:
    First Name:
    Papa Tac
    Codroy Valley, Newfoundland
    Vehicle:
    '10 Ned Ludd Edition
    Pupped my ride - Dog bench, Black stock rims, Tail Gate antitheft mod, Bed storage and sleeping platform, Action Cap w/Yakima rack and Rola basket, Seatbelt chime off, Tentasaurus
    A B C D FISH
    M N O FISH
    S M R, C D B D I's
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Q. Arn?
    A. Narn.
    More Newfoundland conversations:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhZ7b7db1Jw

Check out this, or anything else by Codco (70's-90's Newfoundland Comedy troupe) Classic shit!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iqtkwr-YJI

also seeThe Kids in the Hall - 90's Toronto comedy troupe - you will soil yourself!

and Thanks to all for the Welcome!

Products Discussed in

To Top