Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Soon to be new Taco owner

Old 09-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
Caligula is on a distinguished road

Caligula's Tacoma Gallery
Soon to be new Taco owner

Hello, ive always been a regular of visitor to the various BMW related forums for my E36 M3, though with all the issues these cars can have starting to pile up, it seems its time to go Japanese for a support vehicle. So im currently looking to pick up a 97-00 Tacoma to add to my stable, hopefully sooner then later. After searching the various forums, it looks like this one will be the most helpfull when it comes to my nw Taco.

Like i said before, im a long time E36 enthusiest, and am the administrator to the forum www.e36-tech.com. Were a small forum dedicated to the 92-00 3 series, were all about performance over apperance and clean styling for our cars, and after seeking the advice of some members on there, they swayed me to look for a Tacoma over a Frontier or S10.

Ive read of the frame rust issue, though are there any other common issues i should inspect for on these series Tacomas? You should see the list of common issues we advise to check for when buying a 3 series, its pathetic.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:17 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #3
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Good luck with your Taco search!
Old 09-16-2010, 03:39 PM   #4
Caligula is on a distinguished road

Caligula's Tacoma Gallery
Let me ask you, if a truck youre looking at looks legit, not too many miles, but it has mods like wheels, a lift, and a ladder rack. Would it still be worth getting and converting it back to stock with OEM suspension? Every thing else on the car looks clean, has an aftermarket headunit, wiring looks kosher. KBB is about $5100 good condition, $4300 fair. What would you pay?

Old 09-17-2010, 03:18 PM   #5
WESTCHESTER SALTY TACO
panacea has much to be proud ofpanacea has much to be proud ofpanacea has much to be proud ofpanacea has much to be proud ofpanacea has much to be proud ofpanacea has much to be proud ofpanacea has much to be proud ofpanacea has much to be proud of

Name: Ivan
panacea's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from sunny South Florida