1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New from San Diego California

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Taco me elmo, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Sep 19, 2010 at 5:34 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

AHHH but grasshopper it IS meant to be..

Sounds like you are grounding out the wrong end of the grey wire that I assume you cut, I did the same thing. are you grounding the plug end of the wire on a good ground ? you are a 1st gen & the process is the same. theres just too many out there that have done this with success bro'. Like I said, I grounded out the wrong end at first % got some kinda wacky results also. The ABS light wouldn't go out & no engagement, redid my screw up grounded the plug end of the cut wire & it did what it was supposed to do. You did cut a solid grey wire correct ? Dig deeper in the thread that green bean laid out, very in depth. Mine was a reference point at best I was to giddy over the results, I'll dig a little too for ya man & see if theres any issues not covered, don't give up on it yet buddy, you're gonna luv it !! I promise....:D

2. Sep 19, 2010 at 5:53 PM
    Taco me elmo

Taco me elmo [OP] Here, Eat some paint. Drink some Bleach.

Member:
    First Name:
    Tophat bobcat
    North of South, East of West
    Vehicle:
    Slow polished TuRD
    Anti theft 5-Speed
    Ok so cut the wire in half and only ground the wire coming from the box and tape up the end going to the truck?

My mistake is I am doing a splice and adding it to the entire grey wire and grounding it all out on all ends.

3. Sep 19, 2010 at 6:13 PM
    Taco me elmo

Member:
    First Name:
    Tophat bobcat
    Vehicle:
    Slow polished TuRD
    Anti theft 5-Speed
    Success!!!

I just cut the wire in 2 and grounded the one attached to the black box and taped off the other end.

4. Sep 19, 2010 at 7:35 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    ATTA BOY !!!! TOLD YA !!! :D:D:yay::yay::yay:

Isn't it just the most awesome short cut to a true improvement you've ever seen !!?? I'M still stoked about it..

4H w/locked rear is going to change everything about the way you wheel your truck !!

Now deckplate if you haven't already , lol

So , off topic did your dad grow up in Lakeside like I did ? I've been here since 1958 (3 months old when my parents moved here) He must be around my age, which side of Winter Gardens blvd. does he live on ? My house is on the base of Rattlesnake mtn. You gotta hit Corral canyon with us I'm the only 1st gen out there in a sea of 2nd gen. pre runners & 4x's

DSC_2425_be3ec9c8eaa0fbbe7a66f7d9ab9ae493f74c816c.jpg

5. Sep 19, 2010 at 7:45 PM
    Taco me elmo

Member:
    First Name:
    Tophat bobcat
    Vehicle:
    Slow polished TuRD
    Anti theft 5-Speed
    He has been in Lakeside since 92 and before that he was in Ocean beach since like 1980...

He is 62 if i remember correctly.

He is up the hill on Short street.

I dont make it out his way too much due to work schedules.

I would love to get out in the dirt with other people willing to get dirty, Just hit me up when you guys are planning something and I will make the time.

6. Sep 19, 2010 at 7:54 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    Welcome to TW from TX.

7. Sep 19, 2010 at 8:11 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x

Well brotha, You picked the right crew for that ! My sig pic with the guy hanging off the back is coming down the NW side of Bronco Peak: single black diamond rating , looks like we need to armor up a little sliders anyway, how extreme you want to wheel, I mean we're not rockcrawlers (yet anyway) & we're not TTORA hardcore, but most the stuff we do def. isn't for the inexperienced or those who are not sure (which aint a crime, everyone has to start somewhere ) I've taken a few noobs to offroading to local areas to get their feet wet & see how they do , mostly pre runners & I'd say that 95% get bit by the dirt bug, but when I want to do my own thing (4x locked kind of shit) then the pre runners stay at home & a few of the guys will just come along for the ride so they can experience more extreme wheeling & a much bigger rush.

Nothing stupid, but def. challenging & puts your skills to the test (fair amount of spotting) & we haven't lost anyone yet.....:D

DUGSTOY_7f498e7d1aecea2a83416eb122bddee02ac4c938.jpg

8. Sep 19, 2010 at 8:23 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    You aint afraid of that are ya ???

DUGSTOY_7f498e7d1aecea2a83416eb122bddee02ac4c938.jpg

9. Sep 19, 2010 at 8:26 PM
    Taco me elmo

Member:
    First Name:
    Tophat bobcat
    Vehicle:
    Slow polished TuRD
    Anti theft 5-Speed
    HAHA nope. is that your rig with the SAS?

10. Sep 19, 2010 at 8:34 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x

LOL, I wish ,but when I found this pic again I decided its whats going to happen to my TRD, this was my first IFS. I'm pretty old school solid axle guy. Ahh if only money grew on trees (but it does grow on plants though :eek::eek::D j/k)

I just think over all SAS will fit my needs better & that pic is my template for whats to come, I've already mutilated my front bumper (trimmed away alot of the fat I HATED MY STOCK BUMPER) check out my youtube channel, photo bucket page & the gallery here sometime..

11. Sep 19, 2010 at 8:48 PM
    BDP

BDP Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Taco PreRunner Stepside V6
    May I ask what wheels and tires do you have on your Tacoma?

Oh, and nice truck by the way.

Thanks,

-Paul:thumbsup:

12. Sep 19, 2010 at 9:16 PM
    Taco me elmo

Member:
    First Name:
    Tophat bobcat
    Vehicle:
    Slow polished TuRD
    Anti theft 5-Speed
    American Racing Chamber Teflon 16 inch with BFG All Terrains 275/75/16

13. Jun 27, 2011 at 6:39 PM
    TRDChris

TRDChris Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    La Puente
    Vehicle:
    5 lugger
    H.I.D 6000K, 5% tint all around, black on blacked out rims(sprayed stock rims), fog light mod, deckplate mod, plastidipped bumper and interior, self made eyelids, window visors, clear corners, Billet grille, trd grill emblem
    That is one sick tacoma you have there! It reminds me of mine

Products Discussed in

To Top