Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Taco, meet Mountain. Mountain, Taco.

Old 07-16-2008, 06:11 PM   #1
fresh taco
redlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Aaron
redlight's Tacoma Gallery
Taco, meet Mountain. Mountain, Taco.

Hi all, just bought an '08 doublecab TRD Off Road last Saturday and had the TRD Cold Air intake and cat-back exhaust installed on Monday as a part of the deal. The '09s are in and so I got a good deal on it and am loving it so far! I've been scanning some boards for info and have seen good conversations here and figured this would be the best place to start.

Old 07-16-2008, 06:12 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking Tacoma...welcome to the site!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:13 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw!!! good looking truck!!! so...............what all mods you got in mind besides the intake and exhaust??? oh yeah..........thanks for the pics man!!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:14 PM   #4
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the site! nice truck
Old 07-16-2008, 06:14 PM   #5
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Name: Ron
Banchi94's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! Yeah! Another fellow Coloradan! We gotta get a meet going some day! Nice truck and sweet deal on the TRD extras!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:24 PM   #6
fresh taco
redlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shedredlight is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thanks all, friendly people here!

tacomaman06 -I'm not sure what detail you're looking for, but in addition to the air flow upgrades I have the non-standard side curtain airbags, towing package, all weather mats, (looking to get some seat covers), upgraded (crappy) JBL sound system (I mean really, doesn't even play MP3 discs??? No aux inputs??? 2008??? Unimpressed with that, as an audio buff.)

I am looking to get up and do some off roadin', Banchi94, we'll definitely have to meet up! The pic was taken up just past Nederland and I'll have to talk to my buddy (white lifted 4runner to the left, in the pic) to see what the trail is called. It was only the 2nd day I had it and so figured I didn't want to drop it off a cliff RIGHT away.......

Old 07-16-2008, 06:29 PM   #7
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Name: Ron
Banchi94's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlight View Post

I am looking to get up and do some off roadin', Banchi94, we'll definitely have to meet up! The pic was taken up just past Nederland and I'll have to talk to my buddy (white lifted 4runner to the left, in the pic) to see what the trail is called. It was only the 2nd day I had it and so figured I didn't want to drop it off a cliff RIGHT away.......
I hear ya...I haven't even taken mine out offroading yet. Ya, keep me posted. There's another guy in Gunnison...mattb123 is his name.

Again, nice rig and congrats!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:51 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlight View Post
Thanks all, friendly people here!

tacomaman06 -I'm not sure what detail you're looking for, but in addition to the air flow upgrades I have the non-standard side curtain airbags, towing package, all weather mats, (looking to get some seat covers), upgraded (crappy) JBL sound system (I mean really, doesn't even play MP3 discs??? No aux inputs??? 2008??? Unimpressed with that, as an audio buff.)

cool man, just wondering if you were gonna do any lift or wheel upgrades. you got an awesome truck to work with, for any mods you wanna do.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:28 PM   #10
fresh taco
Performance wise... definitely looking at some wheel upgrades and a lift down the line. I like the look of a tastefully blacked out white truck. Maybe aftermarket header to compliment the intake/exhaust- need to research the gains though

Aesthetically: darker tint, possibly a topper/bed rug, grill, maybe the BHLM

Interior: Seat covers (any recommendations? I like the TRD look but they don't make them for the rear double door bench seats??) New sound system - the JBL upgrade was a waste of money

Hopefully that'll keep me happy. Any performance suggestions that I should think about?