1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help!! failed frame over a year ago, still got it

Discussion in 'New Members' started by TRDKenE, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Sep 29, 2010 at 4:57 PM
    TRDKenE

TRDKenE [OP] DAMN GOOD DEAL!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Richmond, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '10 D-CAB OFF-ROAD 4X4
    TRD CAI, GrillCraft.
    what is the original dealer telling you?

2. Sep 29, 2010 at 5:02 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    They failed your truck - but they let you continue to drive it?

That's odd.... because from what I've heard, if they fail you - they don't give you the truck back.

3. Sep 29, 2010 at 5:07 PM
    WNYTACOMA

WNYTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarence, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 Metalic Grey TRD OFF ROAD
    Toyota Nerf steps Bugflector 2 Tool box Weathertech floor liners Wet Okole F/R - Bk/Char
    They punched a hole in my 2000, 'failed' it and told me they'd call me within, i think it was at the time, 10 days.

I left with my truck.

4. Sep 30, 2010 at 5:56 AM
    doug2001

doug2001 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Sissonville, WV
    Vehicle:
    01 ext cab 4x4 sr5
    Hey guys,

First off, THANK YOU ALL soo much for responding.

The mechanic (last year) walked me under the lift, showed me a hole in the frame towards the rear leafs, explained that it failed and they would be contacting me to set up replacement. I then asked was it safe to drive, to which they replied, "Yes, it looks like it'll be okay to drive, we've seen a lot worse, the process could take over a month"

I called monthly, got diff answers every time "waiting on parts/frame, busy with other toyota issues etc.. etc... "

I finally talked to the customer service Guru a couple of times, and asked (pleaded with him) why it was taking (at the time8/9 months) when others have been inspected long after me and replaced well before me. He told me it was a frame issue. One of the mechs told me that wasn't true, they had "all kinds of frames" then the customer service mgr told me "I needed to understand, I wasn't their only customer".
    After all that time, with a little anger, I responded that (no sh*&) I'm not your only customer, cause you all have been prioritizing customers in front of me for 9 months, and putting our family at risk.
    He told me that the frame wasn't that bad, it just failed cause it had minor holes/hole in it.
    I have s/w Autumn @ Toyota who just tells me "work with your dealer" and "find another dealer" every time. I asked once (politely) to s/w her supervisor, to which she responded "my supervisor refuses to talk to you since you have already been told to try another dealer".
    I have been as nice and polite as one can be to these people every time, cause I want to get help, but I dont know what else to do.
    I have contacted BBB and the WV Atny Gen, who accepted Toyota's response that I should call Autumn @ corporate.

Thanks to those of you who have had the patience to read this and the kindness to help. I REALLY appreciate it.
    Ya know, I have ALWAYS been proud of Toyota, took up for them around my GMC/Ford/Nissan buddies, wore the cap etc.. I am really disappointed..

5. Sep 30, 2010 at 6:00 AM
    NumNutz

NumNutz One of the original 7928

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 - Kings, TC, Dakars, broken stuff
    Lots.
    I'm disappointed too man. I hoped they would have handled your situation better than this. I have no positive advice but best of luck and keep us updated.

6. Sep 30, 2010 at 6:01 AM
    doug2001

doug2001 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Sissonville, WV
    Vehicle:
    01 ext cab 4x4 sr5
    P.S.
    I forgot to add: last month I finally got in touch with the regional toyota representative. She simply called the "new" dealership I am working with and had them call me and tell me it would be "several months" more, as they had 36 folks in front of me". So,, now it looks like this whole nightmare is starting all over. I hope (pray) my frame holds up thru this ordeal.
    thanx again,
    doug:confused:

7. Sep 30, 2010 at 6:46 AM
    gusotto

gusotto gusotto

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma 4X4 SR5 Extended Cab
    Once you get your new frame, you'll like it.

Sorry to hear of your problems. My dealer was the initiator for my fix. I have a good dealer!

8. Sep 30, 2010 at 6:59 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    They let me keep mine until the check came in, which was about 2 weeks later.

Products Discussed in

To Top