Notices

Hello from Yakima WA "The Palm Springs of Central Washington"

Old 07-17-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
Elderly Gentleman - Junior Member
S-Runner '01 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jerry
S-Runner '01's Tacoma Gallery
Hello from Yakima WA "The Palm Springs of Central Washington"

I am brand new to Tacoma World. I just bought my first Tacoma last Tuesday although I have owned a Toyota pickup for the last 9 years.
My first one is an '85 SR5 ExtraCab with the 22RE powerplant and a 5 speed manual transmission. It had 98,000 miles on it when I bought it. I had to replace a head gasket on it but that's the only thing I ever had to do to it. I did replace the time chain set at that time and installed the steel backed guides. Since then I've put another 135,000 miles on it and it still runs as good as ever.
I recently inherited an oil well so I felt it was time that I did a little upgrading.
In addition to the 22RE Engine & 5 speed manual transmission my '85 has bucket seats, center console, factory installed sunroof, factory alloy wheels, cruise control, tinted glass all around, AM-FM Tape deck, (Upgraded to a Kenwood AM-FM Stereo w/CD-MP3 player and Sirius Satellite Radio) tilt steering wheel and power windows.
I wanted my new truck to have all the same accessories and after a nationwide search using autotrader.com and edmunds.com I found exactly what I wanted down near San Diego.
It is the Radiant Red '01 S-Runner and it is exactly what I was looking for. It has all the features of my old truck and a couple more that enhanced the deal even more. It also has A/C, a stepside bed and a bedliner. It has the V6 3.4L engine and I got 21.75 miles per gallon on the drive back from Southern California to Yakima Washington. A distance of about 1300 miles. (Counting the miles that I spent being lost in Los Angeles and again in Sacramento (I even got turned around and a little lost in Bend Oregon and that's gotta be darn near impossible - but I did it))
Well, I love my Toyota(s) and since I'm well into my 60's it will probably last me the rest of my life.
Jerry
Old 07-17-2008, 05:22 PM   #2
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the site!!
Old 07-17-2008, 05:24 PM   #3
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck you haev there Jerry. Always nice to see others from Washington.

-Dan
Old 07-17-2008, 05:52 PM   #5
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome.