Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New Hawaii Taco Owner!

Old 10-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
Shaq-enzy Falls
supataco has a spectacular aura aboutsupataco has a spectacular aura aboutsupataco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Ichiro
supataco's Tacoma Gallery
New Hawaii Taco Owner!

Just picked up my first Taco on Wed:

2010 SSM Access Cab TRDSport

I've put a lot of $ into my MS3 & Scion tC, so I'm really not sure how much will go into this truck, but dam this is a solid truck right off the lot. First things for sure: Tint, Wet Okole's, Sounds, & Bed Mat. I don't plan on taking this baby off-road, but a lift & bigger wheels might still be in the works.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:46 PM   #2
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
looks good bruh... welcome!!
Old 10-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
~AK49~
AlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shane
AlaskaTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome To TW, I Like The Color Choice
Old 10-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #4
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from south Texas!!
Old 10-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #5
Shaq-enzy Falls
supataco has a spectacular aura aboutsupataco has a spectacular aura aboutsupataco has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaTacoma View Post
Welcome To TW, I Like The Color Choice
Thanks! Took me a while to decide. It was between SSM or MGM, but I already have a black car to manage, so I figured some sort of silver would give me some what of a break. =P
Old 10-04-2010, 12:50 AM   #6
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:36 AM   #7
AshTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Mic
AshTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
are u in oahu? how much are wet okoles if u pick it up from their store?
Old 10-07-2010, 10:37 AM   #8
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Welcome!
Old 10-08-2010, 02:28 AM   #10
Shaq-enzy Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808TRDTaco10 View Post
Welcome to the mod addiction from the Big Island!
Brah... tell me about it. I've been trying SOOO hard to stay away... but my shopping / wish list is growing larger everyday!
Old 10-11-2010, 05:18 AM   #11
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
We must have been there at the same time. Well I got mine in mapunapuna servco... You might be windward judging by the pic, I don't recognize the scenery.

Toyota #1 in the state thanks to servco. Fk the stupid "market adjustment" crap.
"oh its so expensive here".. no, they just know we can't drive "up state" to get out of the area. Manhattan is expensive too. "market adjustment" puff. Servco does fine without it...
They say 1 in 4 cars on the island is a toyota and bought from servco. And at least 1 in 4 trucks is a tacoma. You can see that at any intersection. Mine looks just like yours (with 4x4 on the flaps) first night out, there were 3 of em parked next to me. Tacoma, silver, sport package.. all right next to me. Kids didn't know where to go.

The bed mat is a must, stuff just slides all over. They stock em (like 1 at time) at 4wheel parts in waipahu. Another thing to keep in mind; You don't pay shipping if you order stuff from 4wheel parts and have it shipped there for pickup. I wanted a set of rubber floor mats.. everyone wants 200 bucks for shipping. I got the weather-something mats at 4wheel parts. 4wheel parts is about the shittiest auto parts store in the world.. but at least you aren't paying shipping on those shitty parts. And the bed mat is super great. Fits perfect. ITs the Deezee one. Stinks..(new rubber smell) but I imagine Toyota's does too.

Another prerunner with the lift and bigger wheels for driving in our crowded metropolis. Don't forget to push em out super wide too and put swampers on it and a fart pipe and pay someone off to get a recon.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:23 AM   #12
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshTacoma View Post
are u in oahu? how much are wet okoles if u pick it up from their store?
WET OKOLES ARE MADE IN COSTA MESA, CA Floor space is expensive here. I am not even sure they are soley "wet okole" They may be just a branding of a coverking or similar. Throw wet okole on there and charge 70 bucks a set more.

I had some.. They were good. Fit a bit worse than my coverking ones; but that was a different car. Not noticeably different other than being a quite a bit more expensive than covering (coverking sells through costco.com). Neoprene seems to be good stuff.. doesn't clean well and fades seemingly quick but stays in place.

Unless wet okole makes a pattern you just can't live without, go to costco.com and spend 160 on coverking neoprene vs 245 for the wet okole. I've got both... they're not noticeably different. I don't even remember which car has which brand. They look identical. (black with white hibiscus)
Old 10-13-2010, 02:29 AM   #13
Shaq-enzy Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
We must have been there at the same time. Well I got mine in mapunapuna servco... You might be windward judging by the pic, I don't recognize the scenery.

Toyota #1 in the state thanks to servco. Fk the stupid "market adjustment" crap.
"oh its so expensive here".. no, they just know we can't drive "up state" to get out of the area. Manhattan is expensive too. "market adjustment" puff. Servco does fine without it...
They say 1 in 4 cars on the island is a toyota and bought from servco. And at least 1 in 4 trucks is a tacoma. You can see that at any intersection. Mine looks just like yours (with 4x4 on the flaps) first night out, there were 3 of em parked next to me. Tacoma, silver, sport package.. all right next to me. Kids didn't know where to go.

The bed mat is a must, stuff just slides all over. They stock em (like 1 at time) at 4wheel parts in waipahu. Another thing to keep in mind; You don't pay shipping if you order stuff from 4wheel parts and have it shipped there for pickup. I wanted a set of rubber floor mats.. everyone wants 200 bucks for shipping. I got the weather-something mats at 4wheel parts. 4wheel parts is about the shittiest auto parts store in the world.. but at least you aren't paying shipping on those shitty parts. And the bed mat is super great. Fits perfect. ITs the Deezee one. Stinks..(new rubber smell) but I imagine Toyota's does too.

Another prerunner with the lift and bigger wheels for driving in our crowded metropolis. Don't forget to push em out super wide too and put swampers on it and a fart pipe and pay someone off to get a recon.
Wow good info man. Thanks! Still haven't picked up the mat yet, but after reading this, I sure I'm going to get it.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:31 AM   #14
Shaq-enzy Falls

Quote:
WET OKOLES ARE MADE IN COSTA MESA, CA Floor space is expensive here. I am not even sure they are soley "wet okole" They may be just a branding of a coverking or similar. Throw wet okole on there and charge 70 bucks a set more.

I had some.. They were good. Fit a bit worse than my coverking ones; but that was a different car. Not noticeably different other than being a quite a bit more expensive than covering (coverking sells through costco.com). Neoprene seems to be good stuff.. doesn't clean well and fades seemingly quick but stays in place.

Unless wet okole makes a pattern you just can't live without, go to costco.com and spend 160 on coverking neoprene vs 245 for the wet okole. I've got both... they're not noticeably different. I don't even remember which car has which brand. They look identical. (black with white hibiscus)
Were you able to get coverking neoprene seat covers in Costco, or did you have to order them online?
Old 10-13-2010, 03:28 AM   #15
Me l've got brains.

Its a custom order on the internet thing.. get redirected to coverking's corporate page, put in your costco account email address select your covers, return to costco site, add to cart and checkout.
Free shipping on mainland of course... but its only like 20 bucks here.

I went to 4wheel parts and picked up the AVS vent shades and floor mats. Dude said they get to stock what they sell, which is mostly tacoma; and though their website sucks BAWLS.. if they have a catalog for it in the store, they can order it.
Point being, I've picked up the 3 things there this last week or 2 and all of it was on their shelves, and they don't have a lot of shelves.
6 tacomas and 2 jeeps in their service area, no gm, no ford, no tundra, not even a nissan.
I like it, cause they're like.. 4 minutes from my house. Order something on sunday, monday dude at the store is confirming your order, and telling you they have it (or don't, whatever).

BTW, the weathertech floor mats don't fit the back of the access cab without trimming. Its easy though, pull out your console, put in the mat, install the console, trim around. Works like a charm. Good stuff, and I tell ya, red dirt shows on the grey floor.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:29 AM   #16
Me l've got brains.

wonder if there's any way to find out how many tacomas are registered in hawaii.

Probably pushing all of west of the mississippi.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:18 AM   #17
Shaq-enzy Falls

Quote:
wonder if there's any way to find out how many tacomas are registered in hawaii.

Probably pushing all of west of the mississippi.
Yeah that'd be pretty interesting to know. I swear theres a taco within 20ft of me at every intersection.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:22 AM   #19
Me l've got brains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supataco View Post
Yeah that'd be pretty interesting to know. I swear theres a taco within 20ft of me at every intersection.
I hear on average, ever person on earth is no more than 1 meter from a rat.

They seem to be much heavier in certain areas than others. Millilani.. I pulled up to.. the intersection before walmart... there was only 1 non tacoma.. but 2 were first generation. Like 8 of us, and others coming around the corner. I don't really mind having the same car as everyone else, but I felt a lot cooler when I was the only person in texas with a tacoma TRD...
Old 10-14-2010, 05:11 AM   #20
Black Sand Mirror
808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of

Name: Justin
808TRDTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supataco View Post
Same here on the Big Island! Well, at least in Hilo. Yeah these Tacos are pretty common - my family has 3 (mine, cousin's, and one for the the family farm too). Since we see them everywhere you'd think that there would be more guys from HI here on TW though