Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New Member from Austin, TX

Old 10-20-2010, 08:15 AM   #1
jmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud of

Army:
jmdaniel's Tacoma Gallery
New Member from Austin, TX

Picking up a new Taco in Kansas City in a couple of weeks, trading my FJ Cruiser in, (if I don't sell it first):

Why KC? Because the dealers in Central Texas are quite delusional in what they think their vehicles are worth, and what your vehicle is not!

It won't be my first time in a Toyota P/U, had this '93 for 15 years, before selling it two years ago:

Kinda kick myself for unloading it, but I definitely got my use out of it, and got top dollar when I sold it. The new one will have a few more modern comforts, a 6 instead of the 4, and space behind the seat, as I'm getting an Access Cab. I know my dogs will love riding in the new one, they had to go in a crate to ride in the FJ, due to the crappy plastic Toyota puts in those vehicles. Sneeze, and you get a scratch!

I'll be putting a shell on it, a slight lift, and some bigger tires, and in the garage, it will sit next to this toy, a '77 FJ40 I recently picked up.

Forums of like minded folks are great sources of info, and I'm looking forward to spending time here!
Old 10-20-2010, 08:16 AM   #2
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Welcome to TW!
Old 10-20-2010, 08:43 AM   #4
jamant12 has a spectacular aura aboutjamant12 has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Mark
jamant12's Tacoma Gallery
Man, I had that same issue in Abilene. The dealer here just wouldn't budge on their price, which I thought was ridiculous. Had better luck in Fort Worth though. I really like your FJ40, it's very clean!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:07 AM   #5
jmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud of

Army:
Thanks, folks!

Jamant, I checked with dealers in Austin, SA, Killeen and Waco. They just scoffed at NADA trade in values. Funny how they go by the book when they sell, but not when they buy. So I'm heading to KC...
Old 10-30-2010, 12:31 PM   #6

Army:
Picked up the Taco yesterday at Performance Toyota in KC, Kansas. Hats off to them for being straight up from the very beginning, Charlie Ross to be specific. And a big F you to all the Toyota dealers in Central Texas. $18.5K for a super clean '07 FJ Cruiser with 26K miles? Not born yesterday, fellas... Performance gave me $3K over that, AND sold the Taco at NADA invoice!

Took off from the house at 3am, got back with the new Taco at 2:55am this morning. Hey, had to, otherwise I couldn't call it a day trip, right?

This thing needs a lift and tires, STAT! And I needed to rearrange my garage, as it is looooong.