1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

buy the new guy a beer!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by cactuscorn, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Oct 20, 2010 at 8:33 AM
    cactuscorn

cactuscorn [OP] Another FNG

Member:
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement TRD OR AT DCLB w/JBL Premium Package
    Ironman Stage 2 FCP 3" lift kit, Ironman skid plate kit, C4 Fab Hybrid front bumper and frame supports, C4 Fab sliders, Smittybuilt X2O 10k lb winch, Diode Dynamics Pro fogs, Baja Designs Sport fogs, Falken Rubitrek AT's, Midland Micro MXT275 GMRS radio, Victory 4x4 hood hinge antenna mount, ARE MX shell, 12 Volt Solutions remote starter w/ phone app module, Overland Equipped aux power tray/Blue Sea 12 circut ST blade fuse block w/ 187 series 100a circut breaker, OEM bedmat and floor mats, Hooke Road tailgate cover, JDM ASTAR 800 lumen LED reverse bulbs, iOttie wireless phone charger, blue LED dome light, back seat dog bed and rear seat12v/USB ports, Ironman diff breather, ac drain mod,, tons of rad recovery equipment and every cubbyhole filled with crap. On order: Method MR 316 wheels and 285/70R/17 BFG KO2's.
    greetings fellow crime stoppers! like others here, im a 1st time new car owner as of today. why wait to get a job before buyin a new car, right? to hell with me, please welcome my '10 tacoma 2wd prerunner sr5 dbl cab long bed. not my 1st toyota if ya count the old corona wagon and not my 1st truck if ya count the old siverado. both are long gone now and ive had a great run with my passat wagon but a recent move back to the southwest has shown me a sport wagon with the ground clearance of a turtle just wont do for a avid mountain biker in texas. ive yet to name it or even pick it up from the toyota store yet so its bone stock for now but we all know how that goes. if its anything like my substantial bike habit, im bound for trouble.

it looks like skid plate country out here. a quick peek at the factory option didnt impress me so i popped by to ask you yahoos for a opinion. im not gonna go nuts pretendin im ivan stewart, just the occasional back country drive and standard fire road use to the downhill trails in the region and i dont wanna hole the trans pan on a dirt road like i did to the vw last week.

thanx kids! ill post a pic soon

2. Oct 20, 2010 at 11:24 AM
    crazyman

crazyman Not bothered....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Crystal Beach, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 DC/SB TRD/OR V6 Auto, Magnetic Gray
    Does Plasti-Dip count as a mod ?
    Welcome to TW !
    Congrats on the new Taco.

BTW, new guys (and girls) buy the beer. j/k

3. Oct 20, 2010 at 11:25 AM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    Welcome to TW from TX.

4. Oct 20, 2010 at 11:26 AM
    DellGSG5

DellGSG5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dell
    San Diego, California
    Vehicle:
    2009 PreRunner TRD
    Step rail, Grill guard, bug deflector,bed lights, Window Deflectors.
    Welcome to TW!!!

5. Oct 20, 2010 at 11:28 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
  6. Oct 20, 2010 at 11:34 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    welcome from NJ!!! this site has a wealth of great info for almost anything regarding the tacoma i hope you get as much out of it as i have.:cheers:

7. Oct 20, 2010 at 12:56 PM
    speedfreek

speedfreek Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Alafreakingbama
    Vehicle:
    '12 370Z 6MT
    welcome. have a look around the joint, lots of good information here. there are some aftermarket skid plates that may be more to your liking. im sure some of our avid off roaders can chime in on where to pick them up.

8. Oct 20, 2010 at 3:06 PM
    cactuscorn

Member:
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    Ironman Stage 2 FCP 3" lift kit, Ironman skid plate kit, C4 Fab Hybrid front bumper and frame supports, C4 Fab sliders, Smittybuilt X2O 10k lb winch, Diode Dynamics Pro fogs, Baja Designs Sport fogs, Falken Rubitrek AT's, Midland Micro MXT275 GMRS radio, Victory 4x4 hood hinge antenna mount, ARE MX shell, 12 Volt Solutions remote starter w/ phone app module, Overland Equipped aux power tray/Blue Sea 12 circut ST blade fuse block w/ 187 series 100a circut breaker, OEM bedmat and floor mats, Hooke Road tailgate cover, JDM ASTAR 800 lumen LED reverse bulbs, iOttie wireless phone charger, blue LED dome light, back seat dog bed and rear seat12v/USB ports, Ironman diff breather, ac drain mod,, tons of rad recovery equipment and every cubbyhole filled with crap. On order: Method MR 316 wheels and 285/70R/17 BFG KO2's.
    thanx folks. other than the bad news that i have to pick up the tab, what a warm welcome! bein a mostly ex and long time mtbr poster, im familliar with the format but i was unable to find a simple skid plate for a stock suspension in the search. im hopin someone has the skinny on what doesnt suck. also saw the thread on bed mats and will see what i can do about havin the local dealer toss 1 in for me. the furry kids need traction as does all my bike race gear.

now meet odus and layla who helped me pick out the new taco-ma. if they dont dig the test drive, i dont buy it.

odus rips.jpg
    tom-layla 2.jpg

9. Oct 20, 2010 at 3:08 PM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    Welcome !! You were supposed to bring dounutz !

10. Oct 20, 2010 at 3:10 PM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.

Lol. Your dog doesnt communicate with you telepathetically do he?
    That pic reminds me of that movie "A boy and his dog" with Don Johnson.

11. Oct 21, 2010 at 6:20 AM
    cactuscorn

Member:
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    no, they do all the thinkin. i just do what im told

Products Discussed in

To Top