Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Noob

Old 07-31-2008, 06:57 AM   #1
taconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nice

taconinja's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to taconinja
Noob

Just bought an '08 Base Regular cab, Short bed, 2.7 4 cyl, 4X4, 5 speed, india ink pearl. It's a salvage title and I will be spending the coming months, hopefully month, reconstructing it. Should be an appropriate vehicle for me because I treated all of my previous Subarus like trucks on my adventures in mountain biking, skiing, hunting, fishing, and backpacking. I am in the Pittsburgh area and interested in light trail off roading. The vehicle is stock for now so nothing too serious. It will get snow tires for the winter trips into the mountains.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:08 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw!!!! post pics when you get a chance!
Old 07-31-2008, 07:15 AM   #3
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Welcome to TW.Great choice.What kind of a deal you get??
Old 07-31-2008, 07:17 AM   #4
taconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nicetaconinja is just really nice

$7500 and it just needs a hood, fender, headlights, bumper and airbag. At 2625 miles it still smells new!
Old 07-31-2008, 07:29 AM   #5
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by taconinja View Post
$7500 and it just needs a hood, fender, headlights, bumper and airbag. At 2625 miles it still smells new!
Good job dude!! Do it yourself fix?? Great find.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:49 AM   #6

Yeah, it was the 50th car we bought from this particular salvage yard so we got a good deal. Airbag is expensive but no mechanical damage and all of the glass is good. No body work and I will just have to paint the hood and fender. Probably going to keep all the trim black, go with the matte black housing headlights, a TRD hood to feed a ram-air intake, tint the windows and paint the wheels black before winter and get upgraded wheels and tires come spring time. Suspension and chassis work will soon follow I'm sure...
Old 07-31-2008, 07:56 AM   #7

Nice,It all sounds pretty straight forward. You did however get my attention where you say RAM AIR??? What prey tell do you have in mind on that??
Old 07-31-2008, 08:03 AM   #8

I saw Volant makes something like that for the V6. I don't see why I can't fiberglasss a plenum to flow extra air from the scoop into the airbox or a cone filter house. Thoughts? This may be more trouble than it is worth.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:16 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by taconinja View Post
I saw Volant makes something like that for the V6. I don't see why I can't fiberglasss a plenum to flow extra air from the scoop into the airbox or a cone filter house. Thoughts? This may be more trouble than it is worth.
Don't remember who or what the outcome was.It has been done. Urd makes an intake that pulls from in front of your radiator.(plan b??) Sorry i couldn't be of more help.