1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cab temp?, Front lisense, Warranty ???

Discussion in 'New Members' started by TacomaME, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Nov 10, 2010 at 12:36 AM
    TacomaME

TacomaME [OP] Member

Member:
    Hello Everybody we Got the 2008 Basic Reg Cab Auto Tacoma!OH! BOY! :) I HOPE. We got it a state over from ours and we are not used to driving long distances. Even though this was only around 140 miles one way. Temp in cab got too hot had to run air on a 75 degree day?? I live in a state that requires front lisense plate. No lisense plate mounting bracket on front bumper, Can I use an Autozone locking gas cap and still be complying with pre owned warranty. Do I have to take tacoma in to dealer to do oil changes or can I do myself??? Thank you I appeciate any comments on any of my concerns this truck has 11,278 miles on it as of now, This is my first newest vehicle ever and I want to need to take care of this baby so it can take care of us. So I appreciate any and all comments and feed back thank you!!

2. Nov 10, 2010 at 6:38 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Wow...Welcome.
    Not much you can do about the temp...That's kind of a personal preference thing. You are sitting pretty close to the engine and stuff...and it's a small space in a reg cab.
    As far as the front plate- There are Tacomas out there with front plate mounts...You should be able to check a junk yark or used parts place to get one. There are some aftermarket options too.
    Locking gas cap should not be a problem...Read up on the Moss Magnusson Act for some good things to know about warranties.
    You can do them yourself...Keep your receipts and take good records.
    Welcome to the board...Enjoy!!

3. Nov 10, 2010 at 6:44 AM
    danbow

danbow Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    18 F150 Crew 4x4
    on the front plate, I bought a mount from walmart for pretty cheap, I think like under 10 bucks, keeps the plate from rubbing paint on the front bumper

4. Nov 10, 2010 at 6:54 AM
    danbow

danbow Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    18 F150 Crew 4x4
    also on the cab temp thing.... I have a black truck so I have to run the air when it's 70 outside on my double cab... color may have something to do with that and also being in a smaller cab for a longer period, your body heat has no place to go

Products Discussed in

To Top