1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma hopeful

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Tom007, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Aug 3, 2008 at 11:08 AM
    Tom007

Tom007 [OP] Member

Member:
    Hey guys, I'm looking at buying a 07 Tacoma 4x4 TRD double cab sight unseen, as its many miles away from where I live. I wasn't worried about anything mechanical because it is still on warranty. The guy i'm buying it from told me to test drive one where I live because he says it has a front end vibration on the highway. He told me he took it in to the dealership and they did something but its still the same. The dealership told him that they all have this vibration and not to worry about it. I can't help but think that this is why he is selling it. The truck has 11,000 miles on it. Is this in fact normal? Maybe he is just anal? Any one have tis problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Tom

2. Aug 3, 2008 at 11:20 AM
    SilverMac

SilverMac Mine's the silver one...

Member:
    Keller, TX
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner DC SR5
    Welcome... could it be unbalanced tires? Easy fix. If not, maybe a rim is out of round, or worse, something from a wreck. Carfax is worthless in many cases. Investigate to make sure. Good luck!

3. Aug 3, 2008 at 4:39 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    I have heard of front end issues, but I never had one, maybe junk tires, bad balanced tires, unless the truck was wrecked, you should be safe, those are low miles.

4. Aug 3, 2008 at 5:08 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Hi Tom Welcome to TW! No front issues either on my 2006 w/ 20k. Not sure about buying sight unseen, I would want to drive what I am buying. Even with a warranty, its a drag going back to a dealer. Maybe something closer to you? Good Luck, keep us posted when hopeful turns into your purchase.

Products Discussed in

To Top