Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Hello everyone!

Old 04-15-2007, 06:27 AM   #1
jdman_42261 is on a distinguished road
jdman_42261's Tacoma Gallery
Hello everyone!

Hi, I just bought a 2007 Tacoma a few months ago and I am loving it. I was wondering what kind of oil that you use. Synthetic or not? Do you also put toyota oil filters on your truck or just any parts store brand?
Old 04-15-2007, 06:43 AM   #2
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. Always buy a good quality oil filter. Oil is a preference thing. I let Toyota use their 5W-30 for oil changes. Syn's too expensive.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:28 AM   #3
evolution6972 is on a distinguished road

evolution6972's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to evolution6972
i just did my own oil change my mechanic was too busy i used mobil 5000 oil 5w-30 and a mobil oil filter and funny part is the filter is shorter than toyotas but it works and i noticed i dont hear my valves tapping as bad as when i got toyota to change my oil and this is the same oil that my mechanic used when he did it before and dont forget your maintinance light there it a thread that tells you how to do that its easy
Old 04-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #4
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to TW i just let jiffy do the work synthetic for my "Diva"
Old 04-17-2007, 06:10 AM   #5
evolution6972 is on a distinguished road

evolution6972's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to evolution6972
omg jiffy that is a sin against your toyota i heard so many stories from my mechanic my tuck would turn the other way if i treid to pull in there
Old 04-17-2007, 09:33 AM   #6
TacoChef is on a distinguished road

TacoChef's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota oil filter

Hey JDMAN. After researching synthetic oil being used in our armed forces and racing cars for it's high demand lubrication, that sold me!!! Instead of changing every 3,000 miles as before now I change every 6,000. It also helps with the added cost. I work in Toyota Sales and discovered that Toyota filters have a check valve. When you turn the engine off it keeps some of the oil still on top end. When starting in theory I would assume you get faster lubrication to the top end. I would highly recommend a Toyota oil filter!